Drawing sessions 2

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

jensen's artist entries

Postby jensen ackles » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:26 pm

--
--

Username ;; jensen ackles
    Position ;; full artist
    How often are you online ;; at least once a day! with exceptions, of course <3
    Will you be on the community discord ;; yes, i'll join now !!
    Do you have past experience ;; not really ahaha
    Some of your favorite past designs ;; n/a
    What would you contribute to the staff team ;; i'll be an active and fair member of the staff, and i'm always happy to help out when there's conflict! i hope to post a few designs a week! i like to think i bring a more lighthearted side to most teams i have been a part of, but i work hard at the same time. i believe there should be a balance between a strict set of rules and a little more of an understanding between staff and species members, as not every situation is equal, and i bring a mindset that i tend to be a bit more merciful when the situation would call for it. i do my best to help out wherever i'm needed, regardless of the role.
    What are some of your strengths and weaknesses ;; i struggle a lot with airbrush designs and merle, but other than that i'm okay! i'm working on getting better at both! i tend to excel in the simpler designs, and i absolutely love to do spots. i have also been a member of the wild mountain equids species for several years, so i like to think i would be okay with brindling as a main part of the species is "quipping" (essentially another form of brindling).
    What is a situation where you would be biased ;; i believe i am actually very good at being unbiased, and i always do my best to be a mediator both online and offline. i do, however, struggle a bit when it comes to competitions where either art or writing is accepted. being more of a writer than an artist, i tend to side more with the written forms before the art forms.
    Any additional information / other ;; I do struggle with phenotypes and genotypes, but i've been working to get better. i may need help with some designs here and there (especially at the start if i am hired!) but i tend to be a quick learner!
Last edited by jensen ackles on Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
-

who are we to wonder where we're going?
who am i to tell me who i am?

call me jen | female | infp | gryffindor

plumieskalsbarnstableswmes

let's take it back and take in every moment

-
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: jensen's artist entries

Postby Venatici » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:52 am

howdy there~

first off, thank you for the entry! the staff appreciates it :" >
      just commenting with some tips / suggestions, I'm doing it with every entry so it isn't meant to single anyone out, just helping ^^
      my first tip would be to work on your application a bit more- some of the questions are not answered fully such as the contributing question (all staff are expected to be active and fair), the strengths question (only weaknesses are mentioned) and the biased question (no situation is mention where you would be biased, and it is impossible for someone to not be biased- thats why the team is collaborative and helps each other out, and by knowing situations you would be biased in we can help prevent bias in the future)
      otherwise your application looks good; those were just some comments I had about it since given as it is now, it isn't considered complete and it's hard to hire someone if we don't know enough about them c'x

onto the designs themselves, they all look good and I like your work; they're fine accuracy and color wise and I do really like them, you're a great designer, especially for someone with no past experience!
      my only suggestions would be to try and fidget with the shading / hightlighting more so that they stand out ^^ the shading / highlighting is supposed to help the design and not hinder it, and on some parts it doesn't appear to be visible- I can't see the shading on the second design or highlighting on the first so that's moreso what I'm referring to :" > you can change the settings and colors to make it show out and help the design more, so I would suggest maybe messing with that a bit!

otherwise I would love to see some designs youre more comfortable with since I would assume you'd be doing them more often than airbrushing and merle, so I will definitely be keepin an eye out! keep up the good work and I hope to see more :" >

|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝’𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗’𝚝 𝚒𝚝?
𝚃𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕.

𝙸’𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸’𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞

───────────────────────────────────── ♥ ──────

morgan . he/him . my love

gonny b gayrosebark bark
beankilogramgiant rat

──────── ♥ ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neah » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:15 pm

Hello hello. ^^

I was bullied into doing actual work so here I am, doing it. But your designs are absolutely beautiful, and Dep and I feel you have a good amount of potential. I was looking through your latest entries and my only comment would be try to make them more realistic.

For example, a good reference for that hound darling would be this if you're going for roaning or perhaps this if you're going for ticking.

My advice is reference like your life depends on it. It really helps telling if a coat color is possible or not. A good resource we recommend to all of our artists is this place here as it goes pretty in depth in all the possible coat types and the corresponding eye and leather colors.

We really do hope to see more from you, so feel free to reach out to either Dep or I should you want information on if a coat color is possible or not or just want to run something by us. ^^
ImageImage
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jensen ackles » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:05 pm

--
--

just realized i forgot to thank you two for your help!
    i'm gonna keep working on designs, and i've been using the tips you've gave me as best i can, thank you both so much!
    please let me know if there's anything else i need to work on, i really appreciate the critiques! <3
-
-

who are we to wonder where we're going?

call me jen | female | infp | gryffindor

plumieskalsbarnstableswmes

let's take it back and take in every moment

-
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neah » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:48 pm

Howdy there!

After deliberating with the rest of the staff, we decided we would like to welcome you onto the Sweetnose Mastiff staff team!

As a full artist your official job would to be making main adopts and breedings, with the option to do customs, and really anything that comes up. We ask that as an artist you also try to stay friendly with our community members and if you have any issues to report them to mods (currently Neah and myself), and to refrain from posting any negativity or causing about the community. If you have any problems with that then we can discuss it before your hiring so we can prevent any future problems.

Before you make any adopts one of the staff will quickly run over some basics with you like eye/nose/paw color, as well as basic color notes. If you are not comfortable with learning dog genetics we won't teach you them, but if you are we'll be glad to teach you and help you out! The staff are super collaborative and are good with design checking (and color checking if that is an issue, I can't see colors so I know it's particularly helpful for me).

Otherwise, all staff receive one custom on hiring- artists can make/post/request their custom after making one adopt. If you'd like you're available to keep one of your entries after the first adopt, and you're still able to receive the custom for this month if you're active with the position after hiring ^^

If you'd like to accept the position you can let me know via replying, pm, or dm on the discord! I'll add your discord roles and you'll have access to the staff chat then and change the front page to add you as an artist. Hope to see you on the team!
ImageImage
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me