Artist glassesprotag [gallery]
Time spent 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Deerssert #381 Space Ca-Deer!

Postby glassesprotag » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:57 am

Species Information wrote:Image
    Deerssert are a mystical, mythological species that appear in history every so often. Sightings grew sparser and sparser through the years, but now they've started to appear more and more. Here at the HQ, a centre dedicated to keeping these creatures from being hunted, we cannot foster them all-- and that's where you come in!

The simplest way to explain them? Deersserts are deer with a twist! While the specifics vary from deer to deer, they all have a few things in common. Deersserts have muscle, skin, fur and bone, but they are described as tasting like sweets. Their scent lingers so much that hides carry a fragrant scent even after death. Instead of fluffy tails, they have a pouf of whipped cream or ice cream [depending on the deer!] with some manner of fruit on top.

Size-wise, they're about the size of a border collie, but have been known to grow to the size of a horse in rare cirucmstances. [In even rarer circumstances, they have gotten bigger. This is the largest deerssert known.] Likewise, they are born as small as a full-grown rabbit, and some never progress past this size.

space cadet deer!
      this deer dreams of one day traveling to space!
      to win this deer, tell me about a planet they'd like to visit!
      feel free to use an existing planet, or make up your own!
      tell me what they'd do on the planet, how long you think it'd take to get there, what they'd eat while there, anything!

you may add one extra to your form, which can be anything!
      - two pieces of art
      - one comic page (4koma style maybe?)
      - 1000 word story
      - 10 song playlist
      - anything else, just be reasonable

Code: Select all
      username;
      name;
      gender;
      planet;
      why and what they'd do;
      extra (optional);

ends on friday, june 30th, time will be announced closer to end date

design note: the star in their eye is a pattern in the iris and is not part of their pupil
      i tried to emulate that will the make-shift pupil, but it looks a little weird qvq
so
i needed someway of getting things to
line up properly
so this is that
ummmmmmmmmmmm
text text text
no one's gonna see this stuff
probably
this is difficult
i just want this to look
on pc and mobile
bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh
this looks terrible on mobile but i don't care anymore
mobile users (me) can suffer
ahhh

Image Image Image
Image Image
yuri - she/her - adult
discord - glassesprotag #0881
league of legends - glassesprotag
genshin impact - 628890379
clan of high rolls

glassesprotag

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Deerssert #381 Space Ca-Deer!

Postby Softea » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:48 am

username;
name;
gender;
planet;
why and what they'd do;
extra (optional);

Res
tea
she/her

going on a hiatus, idk when I'll be back
Softea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leilanii » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:16 pm

username; nerdyangel
name; starla
gender; fm
planet; pluto to earth
why and what they'd do; everyone thinks shes a regular deer but no shes a super rare deer from pluto and hasa super cool powers like healing and she can fly beacause she will have wings if possible. Super cute and gentle she can always travel from earth to pluto or pluto to earth and heals animals on planet earth who is wounded. Starla is very gentle and also has little water powers and can she control of pluto to make it safe . Her hobbies are: Healing, saving, having fun with her family, and keeps control of pluyto. She also loves to play with her little sister and helps her with school. She loves: family, helping, saving, the color yellow, and reading.
extra (optional); thanks! She is very cute^^
leilanii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ohdeerieme » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:46 pm

username; ohdeerieme
    name; andromeda(andy)
    gender; female
    planet;
    why and what they'd do;
    extra (optional);

☾ohdeerieme☽

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
High in the clouds
up on a hill
You talk to the stars
they tell you to chill
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me deer
Ohdeerieme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby glassesprotag » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Gonna bump this real quick don't mind me <3
so
line up properly
so this is that
ummmmmmmmmmmm
text text text
probably
this is difficult
i just want this to look
on pc and mobile
this looks terrible on mobile but i don't care anymore
mobile users (me) can suffer
ahhh

Image Image Image
Image Image
yuri - she/her - adult
discord - glassesprotag #0881
league of legends - glassesprotag
genshin impact - 628890379
clan of high rolls

glassesprotag

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

★ shauna

Postby conquest; » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:51 pm

s h a u n a
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

user / conquest;
name / shauna
gender / female
planet / mars
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Shauna has always thought of herself as an adventurous soul with a huge imagination. Shauna imagined herself exploring other planets in a cardboard box as a small child, and she would go on "space adventures" in the forest near where she lived, always accompanied by fireflies. The same spark of imagination never seemed to leave her. Now grown, Shauna dreams of being the first to reach Mars. She knows that space travel to other habitable planets will be sure in the future, and she wants to be the one to get civilization there! Convinced that Earth will someday soon be deemed inhabitable, Shauna hopes that living on another planet is absolutely crucial to the survival of all of Earth's beings.
Last edited by conquest; on Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
conquest;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TipsyBearTender » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:30 pm

username; NightSouls
name; Deecandy
gender; Female
planet; Gliese
why and what they'd do;
Well Deeca is actually an explorer in her planet. He task is to search and travel through the land looking for creatures and signs of life in other plantes. Much like in Earth here, she has to go through different climates and biomes which all contain various biological characteristics. Personally, she finds her adventures quite existing even before they start, all the emotion and anxieties about packing and makimg sureshe has various backup plans.
extra (optional);
TipsyBearTender

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emblo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:42 pm

prob won't have time to enter
    but mark just in case i do! :0
emblo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby f1owercrown » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:47 am

x

x

username | f1owercrown
    name | Astrid
    gender | F
    planet | Noctem, within the galaxy Andromeda
    why and what they'd do | Astrid is very fond of meeting new people, and believes that there are life forms on Noctem. She imagines herself being a tourist, taking pictures with the locals, making new friends, and gathering enough from the planet to bring back to Earth, such as rocks and soil (Astrid wouldn't like to bring home any living thing, oh no, she knows how dangerous and risky it would be to take home invasive species!). Plus, this planet is located within the Andromeda galaxy, which has twice as many stars as Milky Way, so she could just imagine how beautiful nighttime would be in Noctem! She would definitely enjoy her stay.

extra (optional) |
    I made a little playlist along with a short description as to how it relates to the deer. Actually it's not so much of a playlist as just a list of songs with a bit of story pfft (PS: I couldn't find some of the original songs on YT so some might not be uploaded by the official singers but I did find almost all on Spotify so you could check the songs there too!) (Also aaa there sorry if this was too long ;;;; v;;;)

--
    ────────── Per Aspera Ad Astra: The Backstory of Astrid ──────────

The story starts with a fawn, one who sleeps under stars every night, dreaming of way beyond...

Image January 28. 1986 - Owl City
      They had a hunger to explore the universe and discover its truths, and they had that special grace, that special spirit that says:
      "Give me a challenge, and I'll meet it with joy."

Astrid had a love of stars since birth, as she lives by a hill with her family, far away from the bustling city life. Every night she sees the stars twinkling, the moon shining, and the small dot Venus when the sun rises. As a kid, she imagines the heavenly bodies greeting her and inviting her to come sail with them above the surly bonds of Earth, and she runs around the hills as if she was encircling the cosmos, making up planets for her imagination to visit during nighttime. From admiration stemmed her hunger to explore the universe, and built inside her was a spirit that was so keen on reaching for her dreams.

Image Paradise - Coldplay (cover by Tyler Ward)
      In the night, the stormy night, away she'd fly and dream of paradise.

Of course, her family wasn't so keen on seeing her commit to a job she may never return from. Life beats her down and sometimes she says to herself, "A deer's never been to space, what are the chances they'll even consider me?" In times like these, when it rains at night and the stars don't come out to play, she sings a lullaby about her paradise above to comfort her as she sleeps.

Image Be Wherever You Are - Rebecca Sugar ft. Zach Callison
      Why don't you let yourself just be somewhere different?
      Whoa, why don't you let yourself just be whoever you are?

Soon, she realizes, everyone has a purpose, a calling, and it was no doubt that Astrid's calling was in space. It was hard, but she explains to her family that she will never be the deer she's meant to be by preventing herself from being somewhere different. There was no other place like space, she said. After a long talk and a few tears, shes's finally gotten blessings from her family.

────────── Carpe Noctem: Journal Entries ──────────

A journal in her study showcases her entries starting from the date she's applied to be an astronaut. Song lyrics are scribbled along the edges of the pages.

Image A Song About Space - Reese Lansangan
      Oh, there's a part of me that longs to belong to your great black sea.

"When I get to Noctem," the sentence starts, afterwards clumsily striked with ink, "As I get to Noctem, I'm going to see so many stars, and I'll feel like they'll carry be away to my destination! Oh, I shouldn't forget all the planets too, like Jupiter and Saturn and... Pluto! Pluto will always be a planet to me too. Do you think the Milky Way looks like milk? Will aliens wave at me when they pass by? Oh, I can't wait!" Hearts are added by the end of the paragraph to emphasize her romanticizing of space.

Image Drops of Jupiter - Train (Cover by Boyce Avenue)
      Did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?

"Imagine me being out there. When I land, I'm going to explore the place for sure, and I'm going to live there until the end of my days!" The ink trails off until the next page. "But, what about momma and pops? And gramma deer and grampa deer and... oh, oh no, I can't live in space forever! No, no Astrid, this is what you wanted your whole life, and you know what you're going to do? By golly, you're going to enjoy it out there, you're going to take as much of space as you can back home, and you're going to tell them you danced among the stars and sailed across the sun and finally lived for what your life was worth."

Image All Of The Stars - Ed Sheeran (with Christina Grimmie)
      All of these stars will guide us home.

"Everyone will be watching me lift off, and everyone will do just the same when I come back. Wow, I can imagine the paparazzi already! But I won't be interested in any of the fame, the fortune, or whatever ─ I know, somewhere out there, on a hill away from the bustling city life, there'll be a family watching the night horizon, watching as I fall from the stars. And I'll run straight to them, away from anyone else, and I'll go hug them underneath the stars that gave me their blessings and guided me back to where I once belonged." Drawings of a moon and planets and stars fill the last page of the notebook, along with a family of deer underneath it all.
f1owercrown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby glassesprotag » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:28 pm

hey hey i'll be extending this contest until the second! you guys are free to make more edits if you need! <3
      i was asked to extend this a day or two, and i have to work tomorrow, so have a blast kiddos!
so
line up properly
so this is that
ummmmmmmmmmmm
text text text
probably
this is difficult
i just want this to look
on pc and mobile