Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Kiko Adopts! Grand opening! by lovestruck

Artist lovestruck [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kiko Adopts! Grand opening!

Postby lovestruck » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:59 pm

Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ Kɪᴋᴏ Aᴅᴏᴘᴛs!

Wʜᴀᴛ ᴇxᴀᴄᴛʟʏ ɪs ᴀ ᴋɪᴋᴏ? wrote:A kiko is a semi-aquatic creature ranging from the size of a small to large dog (chihuahua to Great Dane). They have the ability to hold their breath underwater for up to an hour, due to them having rather large lungs. Kikos don't need to stay in water, they just choose to sometimes. Kikos actually spend more time on land than in water, although their suited to both. Kikos have long rabbit like ears, which don't have a use, as scientists have so far observed at least. They don't help kikos in any special way other than normal hearing. Kikos have slippery skin, which helps them get away from potentialpredators more easily. This also helps them glide through the water. They have long necks for reaching high places to get food, however they may occasionally stand on their hind legs if need be. Kikos have four toes, which are webbed to help them swim. Kikos have thick, gecko like tails which also don't seem to have much use either. They're just there. However, scientists are hypothesizing that they may be used to whack predators or swim better, like a crocodile's tail functions. A kiko's main diet is fruits and nuts, as well as insects. However, Kikos will sometimes choose to hunt for and eat fish instead. Kikos have four teeth total, two on the top and two on the bottom, both protruding from the jaw like tusks almost. The lack of teeth would make it harder for kikos to eat, if not for their acid. Kikos have two cheek pouches on their faces, which are obvious and visible. The left pouch carries venom- or acid. They spit this acid when in danger or angered, and they also use it to dissolve their food. In the right cheek pouch, Kikos store extra food for later use. Kikos may seem vicious, however- they're not. Kikos have been shown to form close relationships and bonds with other kikos, as well as show a diverse range of personalities, as well as colorations.
    So, how was the Kiko formed? Kikos were created when scientists accidentally released radioactive chemicals into water streams, affecting and mutating many species. Kikos were formed as some sort of mishmash of creatures that merged due to the chemicals, but their base seems to be that of a crocodile. Because the chemicals are obviously unpredictable, kikos are known to show mutations such as fur or claws.

Rᴀʀɪᴛɪᴇs ᴀɴᴅ Mᴜᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴs wrote:Standard: claws,tooth edits (shorter/longer), colored sclera, weight edits (skinny/chubby)
    Common: ear edits, tail edits, no teeth, pupil edits
    uncommon:fur on body, added teeth , tongue edits,
    rare:(every 50) horns, extra limbs, one extra tail, colored blood, glow, extra eyes, slime emitted from body, other mutations,halos
    legendary: (every 100) eyes on body, wings, flight, shapeshifting, magical abilities, extra heads, more than 6 limbs, more than three tails, gene splicing (ask diamondfox first!), horns on body, more than one halo

Rᴜʟᴇs wrote: 1. Don't steal either the species idea or a design itself. Don't claim to own a Kiko you don't own. If you break this rule, you'll most likely be banned from kikos, depending on the severity.
    2. Please respect the staff members. They all work hard. Staff- if you're having a problem with a player, please PM me with proof and I'll take care of it.
    3. You may own up to 15 Kikos as of now. This is subject to change. In addition, you may only win 3 kikos per month (not including nursery batches)
    4. Kikos are a closed species- you may not make your own.
    5. You may not edit your Kiko's lines in any way. You may, however, add accessories or facial expressions to your Kiko. You may also add scars with approval. Anything removable should be fine!
    6. If you have any complaints or concerns, PM me. As for questions about the species itself or rules, feel free to post them here!

Bᴀɴs wrote:Strikes
    None- let's keep it that way
    Bans
    None- let's keep it that way

Sᴛᴀғғ wrote:Owner:

Sᴛᴀғғ ᴘᴇʀᴋs wrote:Staff receive customs based on the amount of time they're worked for Kikos. If you'd like to earn a custom, but aren't staff, see the next section for the good deeds system.
    Upon hire: one unlimited uncommon and under custom, one standard custom
    One month:two unlimited uncommon and under customs
    Three months: one unlimited rare and under custom
    six months: one unlimited rare and under custom

Gᴏᴏᴅ Dᴇᴇᴅs Sʏsᴛᴇᴍ wrote:The good deeds system is a system to encourage people to give back to the community. You get "deed points" as I see fit, based on what you've done for the community. You can accumulate these, and eventually they add up to a custom. If you've done something for the community, PM me and I'll decide what it's worth. Below are the customs you may buy
    unlimited Standard custom: 100 deed points
    unlimited common custom: 200 deed points
    unlimited uncommon custom: 300 deer points

Last edited by lovestruck on Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lovestruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kiko Adopts! Grand opening!

Postby lovestruck » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:29 pm

Now open for posting!!
lovestruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovestruck » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:36 pm

bump
lovestruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovestruck » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:27 pm

small bump before I go to bed.. to people really not like this species??? PM me your opinion?? (Don't post here please if it's related to this question!!)

• always tired • she/her • infp-t • artist
lovestruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovestruck » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:44 pm

diamondfox wrote:
    small bump before I go to bed.. do people really not like this species??? PM me your opinion?? (Don't post here please if it's related to this question!!)
lovestruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Katara Fernandez » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:46 pm

Bump!
Katara Fernandez