Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

falls into cs by woolly

Artist woolly [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour
Drawing sessions 2
26 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

falls into cs

Postby woolly » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:24 am

i've had this idea for a cs style darpg/dog sim for so long bc darpg on dA seems to be a lot quieter than it used to be?

and I would really like to try it out, but
    if you have seen any of my ten+ inactive dog breeds in my oekaki you would know I suck at keeping up the motivation when it's just a normal adopt format. I like to have more incentive, if you don't mind hearing me out feel free to weigh in on whether or not you'd be interested in this? I'm hoping to reach out to anyone who likes dogs, whether you like to draw or write adopts or would rather not but still like a community/competition deal. So really if you're a busy person with a job and life stuff in the way like me and can't really get online all too much this would suit you. But it would also be good for people super active here too because there will be an option for art and writing.

the dog would be a created working breed based off a few dogs you guys like and there will be three distinct versions/sizes like the mini schnauzer, standard, and giant.
    every week will be three opportunities to enter either a RNG or effort based show in order to receive a qualifying score to get your dog titled. there will be events such as conformation, dock diving, agility, schutzhund, herding (if it turns out to be a herding breed), flyball, tracking, etc. you can create a kennel with a purpose such as breeding all working giant dogs titled in IPO before breeding, or if you want to be a pet quality mini breeder focusing on certain colors your choice man!

to make the sports interesting there could be a short story or art done for the champion pupper but I'm getting ahead of myself. anyways the thread will have lots of art to decorate since it's nicer looking at art instructions that reading a wall of text that doesn't make sense anyways.

and if you have more time on your hands than others there would be opportunities to train your dog to get xp points. through both rng and effort based

lotta mumble jumbo but this idea won't go away, I think it'd be fun?? especially if you hold pride for your characters and/or like cool dogs
    if you read all this feel free to tell me your top favorite three breeds and if you like natural dog designs or like both natural and with breed-created markings so I can see what y'all are interested in
woolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: falls into cs

Postby apricott » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:14 am

hey, i've never really been into the dog sim or any variation of them, but the idea sounds worthwhile for sure! it'd be cool to grow a community around the dogs and jut have a whole bunch of people doing their own thing and stuff for other people for that sweet xp. plus the possible flexibility sounds really attractive for a species/darpg!

a herding breed could be neat. it probably would open up opportunity to include other kinds of animals if the community becomes big enough. and,, my favourite working breeds are akita, beauceron and australian kelpies. as for pelt colours, breed-created markings would definitely be great because i'm pretty sure those would offer much more variety and uniqueness than just natural pelts.
it will get better!!
( too busy
way too often )
x

x
fruity, he/him, eest
working on gardening
and art as a job

x
apricott

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woolly » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:57 am

thanks for the interest!

I like flexibility in a species/community, but as to whether all dogs would be adopts or if there would be adopts combined with monthly myo tickets everyone would receive I'm not sure yet.

that's a good point about a herding breed offering opportunities for more animals to be included! I really like akitas and beaucerons as well.
hanging around collecting butterfly wolves
woolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apricott » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:30 pm

i'm excited to see what you make of the darpg. :>

perhaps myos could be earned rather than just given out monthly. like you need to do a set amount of something, but that could very well take the chill out of the species, especially if someone with a lot of time comes up.
it will get better!!
( too busy
way too often )
x

x
fruity, he/him, eest
working on gardening
and art as a job

x
apricott

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lmao, » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:53 am

i am absolutely in love with this new concept!
      can't wait to see what you make out of them, gator!! <3
lmao,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me