Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

This Isn't Card Games... by Larkspur1678

Artist Larkspur1678 [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

This Isn't Card Games...

Postby Larkspur1678 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:47 pm

My sister happens to have the first 6 volumes of Yugioh(and I just ordered the 7th online), and man are these different. For those who need context, the first 7 volumes are also known as 'season 0' that was adapted into the first anime series by Toei, and Duel Monsters play a very small role in the series, it was more focused on penalty/shadow games. So I haven't touched these in a few years, I got back into Yugioh with the new movie, and thought 'hey, x has the first few mangas lets read them for a laugh'. Laugh we did, they're hilariously different, but having grown up with the 4kids dub and seeing Yugioh as strictly for kids for years, its freaking weird. Yami just outright kills people or puts them in a permanent illusion. Thats the whole first volume, someone punches Yugi or one of his friends so Yami comes out and asks if the bully wants to play a game while the Saw theme plays in the background, 7 times. Not once has pot of greed been explained, what is this sorcery.

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me