Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Donating hair by འབྲོག་ཁྱི

Artist འབྲོག་ཁྱི [gallery]
Time spent 34 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Donating hair

Postby འབྲོག་ཁྱི » Wed May 24, 2017 11:05 pm

(the drawing is uhh.. totally related)

Please read, important!

Earlier this week I realized how much having this long hair has meant to me and the way that it has been a "layer" of safety when I've felt anxious. I have thought about losing my hair and how it would create a whole new level of insecurity for me. I have been fortunate this way. But unfortunately, there are children who lose their hair due to medical reasons, such as cancer. So, I have decided to cut my hair this Friday and donate it to an organization in the UK that provides wigs to these children. I hope that it will bring joy to a child who has had to go through so much at a young age. When you grow older, you realize that looks don't necessarily matter that much. But to a young person, especially someone who has had long hair, losing it can be devastating. Children should have the right to be children with no worries or suffering. But those who have to battle cancer and feel the consequences of the treatment at such a young age are so, so brave. They deserve to have the chance to look like they want to and feel confident. Something as simple as a wig can provide that confidence.

With this post, I hope that I will encourage you, a member of the CS-community, to donate hair. There are many organizations online that help several children and other young people to heal by providing them some joy.

Donating hair is quite easy, but instructions vary depending on organization, so remember to do your research!
འབྲོག་ཁྱི

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Donating hair

Postby Amyatzu » Thu May 25, 2017 8:02 pm

If my hair was long enough I totally would ;-;

go you!
Hey!
I'm Amyatzu!
I love cats,
swimming, and
drawing! My
art skills aren't great
but I still love art!
Tanglestar
Silver
Purple
Adventurine
Tibbi
Amu
Crystal

Heya! I am currently on the Staff Pet thread figuring out who's whose! Come and join me (if you dare!)
Also, check out my adoptables, MiniWolves!
Amyatzu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Donating hair

Postby PikaPerfect » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:11 am

Aw, that's so nice of you! I have short hair now, but back when I had really long hair, I would donate 6-7 inches every time I got it cut (:
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me