SCS #250 - Bengal Cat by Illusionist

Based on Click to view
Artist Illusionist [gallery]
Time spent 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

SCS #250 - Bengal Cat

Postby Illusionist » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:30 am

Second Chance Shelter wrote:Second Chance Shelter is a dog and cat rescue where you can come to find a new member of your family. We rescue and rehabilitate dogs and cats of all shapes and sizes so they may have the chance to be placed into a caring home. All of our animals are special and deserve a chance to be happy with an owner that will care for them. The question is: are you ready to love them?

This bengal was dropped of at the shelter due to issues with a previous owner moving.. We think.
We're not quite sure really, everyone has been in awe since they arrived. Just look at that coat- and those eyes!
Shelter staff will be truly sad when this one find their final home.

This is the extremely belated special adopt #250; a bengal cat with a fancy rosette pattern and the bengal specific glitter gene that causes the cat to have a golden sparkle.
This beauty is not merely a house-cat; as a bengal they have asian leopard cat genes in them - giving them the wild type pattern and an unusual height.
As an apology for the fact that this one is so late, they come with an extra clean art style ^^

__________.__________

This contest is an unlimited impress me, add to there form and edit as you like; there are however some basic requirements;
      ⬖ develop their personality
      ⬖ have a piece of art done by you
      (short text, poem, digital/traditional artwork; anything really)
      ⬖ Link your bio & info to their breed and the differences that come with it
      (Doing some research will pay off)

Code: Select all
      Username:
      Name:
      Personality:
      *Artsy thing you did*

Ends; April 23.

Genes:
Working on it rn; these are kind of hard to figure out.. So many new dynamics ;-;
Last edited by Illusionist on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Illusionist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SCS #250 - Bengal Cat

Postby Placebo » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:39 am

Backing out 'cause I lost connection and couldn't finish ;0; Sorry that I won't be taking advantage of the extension! I'll use the character on another SCS pet most likely~
Last edited by Placebo on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:07 pm

---
Last edited by ~HєуRєι~ on Mon May 01, 2017 11:13 am, edited 23 times in total.

┌────────────────────────────┐

Hey its Rei! I have my commissions open! USD only!
I am ND and have a 9-5 job so I may be inactive
for periods of time! I'm more active on Discord (heyrei)!

└────────────────────────────┘
xxxxxxxx|c4c threadbreedingsdesign salesdesign poundsketchpage|
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx《 • meet the artist • 》
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|KeldinesReturn • A Cat ARPG|

ImagexxxxImagexxxxImage

~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Foxtrot. » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:19 am

┌────────────────────────────────────────┐

Username: SpeednGrace
    Name: Call of the Wild // Leo
    Collar: x
└────────────────────────────────────────┘

Breed: Bengal
Scientific Name: Felis catus × Prionailurus bengalensis
Higher Classification: Cat
Origin: USA

┌────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
With his distinctive spotted coat and large size, the Bengal looks like a wild cat on the prowl, but although one of his ancestors is the small, wild Asian leopard cat, he’s a domestic cat through and through.

Bengals take their name from the Asian leopard cat’s scientific name, Felis bengalensis. They were created through crosses between an Asian leopard cat and domestic shorthairs.

Jean Mill, a breeder in California, was the first to make such a cross, but not because she wanted to create a new breed. She had acquired a leopard cat and allowed her to keep company with a black tom cat so she wouldn’t be lonely. To her surprise, since she hadn’t thought the two species would mate, kittens resulted, and Mill kept a spotted female. Breeding her back to her father produced a litter of spotted and solid kittens.

└────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

Life Span: 10-16 years
Weight: 8-15+ pounds

┌────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
The Bengal is highly active and highly intelligent. This makes him fun to live with, but he can sometimes be challenging. On the whole, the Bengal is a confident, talkative, friendly cat who is always alert. Nothing escapes his notice. He likes to play games, including fetch, and he’s a whiz at learning tricks. His nimble paws are almost as good as hands, and it’s a good thing he doesn’t have opposable thumbs or he would probably rule the world. Bored bengal cats can also adopt some unconventional (and slightly destructive) habits, including: turning light switches on and off, fishing seals out of drains and excitedly plucking CDs from your DVD player.

Fond of playing in water, the Bengal is not above jumping into the tub or strolling into the shower with you. Aquarium and pond fish may be at risk from his clever paws. He also loves to climb and can often be found perching at the highest point he can reach in the home. A tall cat tree or two is a must for this feline, as are puzzle toys that will challenge his intelligence.

On the rare occasions that he isn’t swinging on chandeliers or swimming in your pool, the affectionate Bengal will be pleased to sit on your lap. It goes without saying that he will share your bed. And yes, he steals the covers.

Personality:
An energetic and fun loving tom. In fact you will often see this playful lad playing chase with the dogs or just casually destroying your living room if he's bored, luckily Leo has plenty of toys to keep him busy. Leo is always the one to look on the bright side and make a bad situation a good one. He is a brave tom and will do anything to prove himself. Loyal to his family and those he's fond of, he will protect them with his life. This tom will not back down from a fight and is ferocious fighter like a tiger, so I'd advise not touching his stuff! This lad is strong, fast and smart. Leo can easily knock things over purposely and not because of his sheer size and strength, for a cat. He generally doesn't hunt, only if necessary, but he is a very clumsy hunter. This is of course odd for the type of cat he is but not all bengals can be perfect hunters, right? He can sometimes be can be classed as a workaholic and strives to be the best in everything he does, thus he will practice and continue to do what he has been taught. Leading on from this, Leo loves to challenge his mind by learning tricks. Leo can jump through a hoop and several other things. Leo also loves to run around and tell jokes, showing his humorous and clownish side but he can also be serious especially if it is to do with training for new tricks. Leo is a chatterbox, good luck shutting him up. He can talk for hours on end about a grain of sand, how? We don't know, we've generally switched off by then! Affectionate and sweet, Leo loves to cuddle up with you and just fall asleep.

└────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

Weight: 14 pounds
Height: 50 cm

+ Water
    + Learning new tricks
    + Playing
    + Climbing
    + Family
Dislikes:xxxxx

- Being alone
- Boredom
- The cold
- Winter
- Snow

Last edited by .Foxtrot. on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
.Foxtrot.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady M » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:34 am

Last edited by Lady M on Mon May 01, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
x
x
x
Just find a purpose
don't consume,
produce a tune
or something
new
x
x
x
Lady M

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Illusionist » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:48 am

-:-
I'm extending this competition until the 30th
- Someone really wanted to get their form up and since this is such a small competition I thought it would be alright to give everyone an additional week.
-:-
"What makes me invincible is the knowledge that most things are highly irrelevant."

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Illusionist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Illusionist » Mon May 01, 2017 11:11 am

Tigerstar. wrote:
-snip-

Here we finally go with the judging ^^ This one was a tough one, as all impress me's usually are, but Tigerstar. just put an incredible amount of work into their form and I was especially intrigued by the writing you did. So Tigerstar. is the winner of this beautiful bab and I'll add the collar asap ;)
"What makes me invincible is the knowledge that most things are highly irrelevant."

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Illusionist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady M » Mon May 01, 2017 11:22 am

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My first special adopt ever, thanks so much Illusion!
x
x
x
Just find a purpose
don't consume,
produce a tune
or something
new
x
x
x
Lady M

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Foxtrot. » Mon May 01, 2017 11:27 am

Congrats Tigerstar, you may keep my art c:

thoughts ☆ are
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
.Foxtrot. | She/Her
Hello there I'm .Foxtrot., nice to meet
you. I'm often called Fox or (was) Speed (neither
my real name) but you can call me what ever.
Anyway, have a lovely day c:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
LinkLink ☆ Link ☆ Link ☆ Link ☆ Link ☆
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

cannot ☆ fathom ☆ into

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    The NITROGEN
    in our DNA.
    The CALCIUM
    in our teeth.
    The IRON
    in our blood.
    All came from a collapsing star
    WE ARE MADE OF
    ☆ STARS!☆
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ImageImage
.Foxtrot.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Mon May 01, 2017 11:30 am

congrats. However, as my art wasn't colored and didn't particularly look like this cat, I'd prefer if it only stayed with me.

Hey its Rei! I have my commissions open! USD only!
I am ND and have a 9-5 job so I may be inactive
for periods of time! I'm more active on Discord (heyrei)!

xxxxxxxx|c4c threadbreedingsdesign salesdesign poundsketchpage|
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx《 • meet the artist • 》
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|KeldinesReturn • A Cat ARPG|

ImagexxxxImagexxxxImage

~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery