Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

ermies? stoatzels? by elf_of_the_hollow

Artist elf_of_the_hollow [gallery]
Time spent 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

ermies? stoatzels?

Postby elf_of_the_hollow » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:45 am

yenneii was a kind soul and sketched up a species for me??? I can't grab the original sketch sadly,, but it's really good and yen is an angel

anyway I was trying to find a style to work with?? so I sketched em out a bit,, details + notes from the original sketch below

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      orig. notes;
      - carnivorous
      - manes like lions (for nordic temps)
      - stripey tail
      - prehistoric
      - LONK (long)
      - powerful, stronk
      - teef & claws
      - smol & fast

details; (currently unconfirmed, just ideas)
      - v v agile
      - small/daintier (???) front paws, larger back paws used for pushing off when jumping
      - legs are STRONK
      - claws used for climbing/gripping & for catching prey - iron grip
      - similar to alligators - have a strong jaw that makes it nearly impossible for prey to escape once it's closed on them but has no opening power
      - fancy hair slicked back out of eyesight, possibly due to running fast against cold winds?
      - big eyebrows
      - tails & fur puff up when faced by another predator/a threat, similar to cats
      - able to survive long periods of time without food???
      - likely not true carnivore, can eat some greens/berries when nothing else is available but cannot survive on it as a total diet
      - webbed skin between digits on front & back paws for swimming/fishing
      - large canines used more to trap prey than to eat it?
      - long bodies make it harder to circulate bloodflow, fur helps keep them warm
      - probably more notes soon

feel free to ask questions?? they don't have a name yet & they're based on weasels/stoats/ermines
      I'll add more notes as time goes on & as I talk about them with yen
[ raine/elf ] • [ any pronouns ] • [ my kals ]
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
elf_of_the_hollow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me