Lav, Sleepy

Orientation;
Unknown

Relationship status;
Single

Job Title;
Temp Agency Worker

Likes;
Sleeping, movie night, deep conversations, styling her hair, blankets, nighttime

Dislikes;
Being woken up, crowds, parties, exercising, the cold, mornings

Personality;
tired • confused • smart • indecisive • inconsistent • lazy • intuitive

Lavender can most easily be described as young, tired, and confused. She is just barely an adult, and has no idea what she's doing or where she wants to go with her life. She has sampled all kinds of jobs, as many as she can think of, and is constantly trying out new ones, but nothing ever clicks with her. She will take work anywhere she can, but doesn't usually stay with one job for too long before moving on to the next.

She loves to sleep, and is almost always tired, no matter how much sleep she's already gotten! Lavender is a home body for sure, and would prefer a night on the couch to a night on the town. She is perfectly content to curl up with a blanket and a friend and watch movies all day, and in general she tends to be pretty lazy. Exercise is not her thing, and you'll never catch her out for a morning jog. In fact, you'll probably never catch her out for a morning anything, since she likes her sleep so much.

Lavender's specific personality traits tend to vary, as well as her likes and dislikes. Some days, she loves horror movies and rollercoasters, and some days, she's all about sappy romance and shopping. She can go from loving and patient to short-fused and irritable overnight. Even her tastes in food tend to change now and again! Lavender attributes her shifting personality to one thing: reincarnation. She believes her soul has lived countless past lives, and that her inconsistent character is caused by all these past experiences getting mixed around and resurfacing now and again. She feels guilty about it, since even those closest to her don't really know who she is, and neither does she.

Underneath all the confusion, Lav is really a laid-back type of girl who can get along with most anyone. She is pretty intelligent and intuitive, and loves to talk with anybody who will hold a conversation with her. She'll talk about anything in the world, but she loves talking about spirituality and loves to hear other people's beliefs and ideas, as well as share her own! She is very respectful of what other people feel, and only asks that they be respectful in return. But overall she is a great listener, and often finds that her friends come to her to talk through their issues. It gives her a sense of purpose to be someone others can rely on and trust, so she is more than happy to hear about anything anyone wants to share with her. But for all the people she takes care of, Lavender really would just like to have someone to take care of her sometimes, too.

Family and Friends;
Adley -- brother -- owned by benjamin.
Lavender and Adley get along excellently! They occasionally bicker, like all siblings do, but she loves her brother and is always there for him. She tends to be very protective of him, and is always suspicious of anyone he dates, feeling that no one is good enough for him and worrying that he'll be hurt. She loves to give him relationship advice, and often calls just to check up on him and make sure he's taking care of himself. They could talk for hours and hours about anything, and they love to practice styling each other's hair.

Somnus -- best friend -- owned by Imaginary
Lavender and Somnus are often teased by others about being perfect for each other, and they're always mistaken for a couple! They both love to sleep, and they both love to stay in and talk and enjoy one another's company! Lav definitely admires him for how put-together he seems to be, and adores his caring side. But (for now at least!) they're just friends, and they're more than happy with things how they are.

Garnet -- friend -- owned by wicke
Lavender and Garnet are great friends! They clash a little, since Garnet is considerably more active than Lav is, but Lav does enjoy watching her box from time to time! They have a great respect for each other, and they very often talk about pretty heavy stuff and help each other work through it. Lavender absolutely loves Garnet's hair and loves to style it for her (though they usually don't go out in public until Garnet has it how she likes!)

Cosima -- friend -- owned by wicke
Again, Lavender and Cosima are opposites that attract somehow. Cosima is very interested in science, and Lav is much more spiritual than scientific. But they get a kick out of having debates and discussing the differences in their two main interests! Lavender likes to learn about "science-y things" from Cosima, and will share her thoughts on reincarnation with Cosima in return!
Last edited by vee. on Thu May 04, 2017 11:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
Image Image Image
    Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hi, I'm Vee and I love you! ♥
    » I was Vellamore previously~
    » I am taking a temporary break from CS while I get my life in order. I will return someday!! Contact me on dA at yes-deer or on Discord at vee#2913
    » Commissions are closed.

about medA account
my kalons

vee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✿ Lavender

Postby vee. » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:03 am

Reserving this post for her art!!

01 by me
02 by boxxes
03 by MotherMother
04 by Kaori Miyazono.
Last edited by vee. on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image Image

» I am taking a temporary break from CS while I get my life in order. I will return someday!! Contact me on dA at yes-deer or on Discord at vee#2913

about medA account
my kalons

vee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✿ Kalon #820 - Lavender ✿ - Character Development

Postby vee. » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:28 am

Character Development!

Questions;
1. What’s one thing that’s happened to you that has made you a stronger person?
I suppose talking through some things with my friend Garnet helped me to work through a few insecurities and be stronger.

2. What’s one thing that’s happened to you in your life that made you feel weak?
My indecision probably. I can't decide what I want to do with my life and that makes me feel weak.

3. Where is your favorite place to escape to?
Ugh definitely my bed.

4. Who do you think has had the largest influence on the person you are today?
Probably Somnus. He's a great friend!

5. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I wish I could make up my dANG MIND about literally anything ever.

6. What decade do you feel you most belong in?
It varies from day to day.

7. What is your favorite quality about your best friend?
Somnus is my best friend for sure, and I really admire how put-together he seems to be.

8. When you were younger what did you think you were going to be when you grew up?
Everything ever. I had a new idea every week pretty much.

9. Do you easily accept compliments? Or do you hate compliments?
Again it varies. Sometimes I really like it, sometimes it makes me feel insecure.

10. What is your favorite physical attribute about yourself?
I really have always loved my hair!

11. What is your favorite non-physical attribute about yourself?
Uh. I suppose I like that I am smart.

12. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Mmm, probably not.

13. Do you believe in soul mates?
Yes definitely.

14. How seriously do you take horoscopes?
Very seriously! Horoscopes can be so accurate.

15. Have you ever been in love? How many times?
Honestly, I don't really know if I've been in love for sure.

16. What makes you fall in love with someone?
Well I don't know if I have been in love, but if I did, I imagine it'd be a soul connection. Like it was meant to be.

17. What does vulnerability mean to you? What has the ability to make you vulnerable?
Vulnerability to me is weakness. Being vulnerable gives others power over you. I guess my indecision makes me vulnerable from time to time.

18. What’s one thing you’d love to learn more about?
Science, I suppose. I know a lot about spiritual sorts of things already, but I always am interested to learn something new about science too.

19. What is something you’ve never done that you’ve always wanted to do?
Hibernate through the whole winter like a bear

20. Why haven’t you done it yet?
I dunno. Science hasn't given me that opportunity. Someone should work on that.

21. If money didn’t matter, what would your dream job be?
That's the million dollar question, isn't it? If I knew, I'd be doing it already.

22. What was the last thing that made you cry?
Ugh. I watched a really sad movie with my brother Adley last weekend. It was horrible!

23. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
Probably something Somnus told me about one of the kids he works with. He always has the best stories!

24. What is your favorite memory?
I had a dream once that the law was changed to require naptime after lunch for at least one hour each day. Does that count as a memory?

25. What’s the last thing that REALLY embarrassed you?
Well one time, Adley and I styled each other's hair as horribly as we could, and I forgot to fix mine before I went out to get the mail. My landlord saw me and looked at me like I had twelve arms. So embarrassing!

26. What is your biggest fear?
I'm afraid I'll never find where I fit in the world.

27. Do you have any regrets? What’s your biggest one?
Well one time when I was little, I tried to sleep normal hours like normal folks. I'll always regret those precious hours of sleep I lost. I'll never get them back.

28. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
I once got out of bed at 6 a.m.

29. What’s your favorite joke?
Not so much a traditional joke as a funny saying, but my favorite is, "The amount of sleep needed by the average person is five minutes more."

30. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
Uh, probably cats. I'm a big fan of cat naps.

31. If you could be any animal, what animal would you be?
Um, koalas maybe? I think Cosima told me once that koalas sleep for up to 22 hours per day. What a great life.

32. What’s one show, movie, or book, you’re embarrassed to admit you enjoy?
Uh, sometimes I go through phases where I want to watch old cartoons like Powerpuff Girls or Rugrats. That's kinda embarrassing.

33. What’s something you believe in that not everyone else does?
I believe very seriously in reincarnation! It is my belief that my soul has lived many lives before, possibly even hundreds.

34. What’s one thing that makes you unique from other people?
Lots of people have been reincarnated, but not all are aware of it, and not many have been reincarnated as many times as I have-- at least, I don't think so! Is that something unique?

35. What is one thing you feel your life is missing?
Pfft. A purpose.

Workshop One - Day Three Exercise

Kalon Name: Lavender
Link to Kalon: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3368954
Do they keep promises, or break them? Why?
Lav always intends to keep her promises, but often forgets she made them and tends to break them by accident.
Are they a leader, follower, or loner? Why?
It depends on the day and her current ruling personality trait! Most often, she is a loner, preferring not to bother with what everyone else is doing.
If they could change one thing in their past, what would it be a why?
Lavender probably wishes she didn't feel so connected to her past lives, or that her soul hadn't lived quite so many-- it makes it hard for her to figure out who she really is.
Do they care what others think of them? Why or why not?
She couldn't care any less what others think of her. She's uninterested in others' opinions, because she knows the only ones that matter are her own, and her friends and family's.
Do they tend to argue with others or do they avoid conflict?
She can definitely be argumentative! Some days she is really peaceful, but some days she will argue just for the fun of it honestly.
Are they more spontaneous, or are they the type that always needs a plan?
Lav tends to be spontaneous, mostly because her thoughts and emotions can change so quickly that she finds it difficult to plan too far ahead.
Do they have any quirks, mannerisms, habits, or other defining characteristics?
Lavender believes that her soul has been reincarnated thousands of times, and because of this, her personality changes very frequently and without warning. She is also very indecisive, and is always tired and loves to take naps.

Workshop Two - Day Three Exercise

How many different places have they lived:
Lavender has lived in lots of different places, and she probably couldn't give you an exact number. Maybe ten?
Why did they settle down where they are currently:
I envision Lav living pretty near to her brother Adley, and to her best friend/love interest Somnus, and since nothing else really matters to her other than the people she loves, I'd think the proximity to them would make her stick around, wherever it is that they are. I don't really have a particular location in mind for her so it's wherever they are.
Is there an ideal place they want to live, or are they already there:
I do see her living in a small apartment currently, and I don't really know where her ideal place is, because I don't imagine she would know the answer to that herself. Not because she's not a well-developed character, but because her character is that she's confused about her life.
What are the biggest moments that have defined their life:
Probably the moment she learned about reincarnation as a child, which would have really struck a chord with her. I imagine child Lavender would have been very angsty and irritated with herself for being so indecisive and unable to commit to anything, and probably felt lost and alone in the world (as most young people do!) and upon discovering the concept of reincarnation, she would have immediately accepted it as reality and realized she must just have a very old soul that has lived many lives.
Does their future have a bright or darker outlook, and can they change it:
Lavender's future could go either way-- it could become very bleak if she continues on her current path and doesn't do anything about the way that she is. She would never find happiness and would never be content, always moving around and trying to find that one thing that works, even though there will never be one thing. But if she can muster the effort to think her way around the problem, and use the brain power she definitely has and usually ignores, she will be able to find a solution that works for everyone and solves every aspect of her issue. She will find happiness, and then be able to find love. (My plan is to have her go for the brighter option c: )

Workshop Two - Day Four Exercise

If they could write a letter to their past self, what would it say:
Dear younger Lavender,
I know things seem confusing now. But try not to be so bleak, try not to let it get you so frustrated. You can't understand this yet, but there is a reason why decisions are so hard, a reason why you see things differently on some days than on others. For now, know that it is okay to not have an answer. You don't need one yet. It is okay to not be sure of who you are. You will find yourself. Your soul is special and unique, and someday, it will give you all the answers you need. But be patient. Even I am still waiting for some of my questions to be answered.
(P.S., do not buy that pretty bed frame when you're sixteen. It breaks the exact day after the warranty expires.)
With love,
Older Lavender
Image Image Image

about medA account
my kalons

vee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me