Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

a hick on a horse by a snoozing skerple

Artist a snoozing skerple [gallery]
Time spent 9 hours, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
23 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

a hick on a horse

Postby a snoozing skerple » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:39 am

my life has changed so drastically in these last few years, i don't even feel like the same person i was growing up - and to say that that's a good thing would be the understatement of the century. i'm finding that i like changing, and now i want to find as many ways as i can. i have been rid of so many problems in my life, i feel inspired. i want to destroy the ones that are left. and i can, because the only ones left are with myself. one of my biggest problems is that i'm a coward. there are plenty of things i'm afraid of for no good reason - or for reasons that can be fixed. two fears for this morning - me and Jasmine.

i have never liked drawing myself because i have always despised myself. well, i don't despise who i want to be, so i drew him - there were points i wanted to just hide spots, stick a bag or some convenient piece of nature in the way and just revolve completely on my pretty horsey friend, but nope. no shortcuts allowed. if the last ten years have taught me anything, it's that i don't fix anything by hiding. i know what kind of person i want to be and i refuse to be ashamed of it anymore.

as for Jasmine, we were great friends when we first got her. she's very sweet, but has always been at the bottom of the herd's pecking order. despite her size, she gets pushed around more than her fair share, and for a while i forgot that fact, because just one time she pushed me. the day we were moving the horses to a new lot, we rushed everything, including feeding them, and she accidentally knocked me over while i was bringing out their food. i know she wasn't trying to hurt me - she even tried to jump over when i fell, instead of stepping on me. just one of her hooves ever touched me, and i couldn't use my arm for most of the day - it hurt like hell. after that i became very afraid of her, convinced that now that she knew she was stronger than me, she was going to run me down on purpose. sometimes she would look like she was about to charge at me. i even began to despise her a little, completely forgetting just what kind of a horse she actually is for a couple months. i only recently remembered that she used to be my friend... and now i feel the need to tiptoe around her because just one time she got a little too close.
i am tired of losing friends because of my own exaggerated insecurities. she is not some otherworldly demon that exists only to bite peoples butts and squish short little trannies into dough. i am going to pet that horse, brush her, play with her nose, and someday i am going to damn ride her, and i am going to damn well do it without shaking in my fnarkin' boots like a little kid.
a snoozing skerple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: a hick on a horse

Postby CO1LD » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:20 am

i totally get the shirt the guy is wearing! XD

love this drawing/art!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
COLD; ImageImage
on 'n off with CS during the months but
practically glued when there's event pets

©
ImageImageImage

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CO1LD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: a hick on a horse

Postby ~Tornado~ » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:02 pm

This is amazing the movement the feel the lightning and the love behind this piece is just making it so much better!
Birds, Reptiles, and The Elder Scrolls, and my drawing tablet, basically are all I need in life.

Hi I'm Tornado, I like animals, drawing, and The Elder Scrolls. Ive been on this site for years and am pretty friendly so im always up to chat!

Selina ref guide
Best thing since sliced cheese.
Don't do Skooma kids
Kids these days
Angel on earth
Note: Finish Cp's request At with PD

~Tornado~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes