Based on Click to view
Artist Hail. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 48 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Akiko - The Unstable

Postby Hail. » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:08 pm

-Located in the East-

Our story starts long, long ago on the far Eastern side of the world called KeiNairi. Back then, this land was greatly populated by wondrous beasts and plants. It was rich in life and peace and was adored by all.
In the third month of the third season, a strange child was born. She bore no resemblance to her parents and the shimmering blue on her pelt seemed to perfectly mimic the color of the shimmering rain of the East. Rather than fear or curiosity, her parents accepted her with love and began to raise the child.
On the second month of her life, a strange thing became apparent to all who knew her. The weather appeared to match her emotions, even coming as far to rain when she cried or grow brighter when she grinned. Those who witnessed this grew weary around the child, so much so that her mother decided it was time to leave. However, her father did not agree. After several midnight arguments and fitful glares, the two split, and her mother took Akiko far away to the mountain range of the North East. It was here that she was raised under the care of her mother, until she became too much of a burden.
It is hard raising a child you do not understand. It is hard to keep her happy, to keep her healthy, to keep her from causing lightning to strike the earth when she throws a tantrum. Time began to take its toll on her exhausted mother until finally the female could no longer handle it. Without much explanation, she slunk off one night to return to her past mate and try to amend her mistakes with him.
When Akiko awoke that morning, she was not alone. Instead a strange viscet stood over her, gazing gently at her eyes as though fixated on a magical thought. Slowly, a warm smile pressed itself up on the viscets face and she spoke. "Good morning, Akiko. I have a gift for you." She pulled a small dark grey bandanna with a shimmering orb on the front of it and extended the item with a bright smile.
Akiko lived with this stranger for two further years. The viscet, though she never explained how she knew, was able to teach the young one how to compress specific and dangerous emotions into the shimmering orb in order to stay happy and keep the world in order. Akiko listened to her, anxious to please, and grew up with a grin on her face and a heavy orb around her neck.
Not all good things last forever, however, as she would soon come to discover. It was the second month of the fourth season when she awoke alone. She did not know much about the strange viscet, not even her name, but she did know that in the two years they spent together she had never left her alone. Curious, Akiko arose and walked out of their makeshift den, scanning the horizon for a sign of her friend. Dark paw prints in the bright snow caught her eye and a small grin etched itself onto her face. Another game? Well I won't be taken by surprise this time! She broke into a bounding sprint as she followed the paw prints through the deep snow. With each step, she only grew more excited. She did not think much of when the paw prints led up a hill to a cliff, nor did she ponder much when they seemed to go beyond it. Her playful smile only grew as she squinted to the other side, believing her friend had jumped across. She backed away from the edge and crouched, eager to run and follow her friend, but the orb seemed to speak to her for a moment, something it had never done before. Look down.
Slowly, she approached the edge and gazed down with her head tilted to the side. She expected a ledge which her friend could have landed on, she expected to see her friend grinning up at her trying to hide her embarrassment of being caught so quickly. That is not what she saw. At the bottom of the cliff with snow slowly building up, a twisted body lay at the bottom surrounded by pieces of the cliffs edge. She had gone to jump, but the cliff was unable to hold the older viscets weight.
The skies darkened above her and quiet thunder rang out. Akiko stared with wide, horrified eyes while trying to choke back the dark emotions, to cram them into the orb and seek a bright side. As she did this, the strain on the orb began to grow and grow until... it cracked.
In a monstrous scream all the pent up emotions of her past and the misery of the present shot from the orb and into the heavens. Within seconds the sky was painted black with thunderous clouds and rain poured from them like a broken dam. Her scream did not end, it felt as though it never would. It all burst from her in such a rapid fury that neither her or the skies could handle it. As several tornadoes began to stretch from the sky, Akiko's scream grew louder and louder until everything was drowned out by the roaring wind and cracking lightning.

Akiko's eyes slowly cracked open and she rose to her fore paws, cringing at the ache in her head. As her eyes adjusted to the light, she gazed in shock at the world around her. Hollow, empty of all but dust and bones. Her ears fell back against her head as she realized what she had done. She tried to force the bad emotions into the orb as they came, but the crack on it freed them, causing all of her emotions to be as unkempt and free as they were when she was a child.
(formerly howlingtothestars)

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
Heya! You can call me Howl, I'll
respond to both c: