Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

First try on oekaki! by Nox_

Artist Nox_ [gallery]
Time spent 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

First try on oekaki!

Postby Nox_ » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:50 pm

I know, I know. Nothing is exciting about a newbie sketch. But I decided to try this out yay? and get some feedback, because critique is very important. I think the lines are a mess, and I need to learn how to color things in better because doing that made it look worse, so I left it as a sketch.

>>You don't have to read this paragraph. It's suggested if you want to give thorough feedback<<
Wha'dya think? Solid effort? Lots of rubbish? Just remember: the most helpful feedback is one that doesn't just say "I love it! The colors are so pretty," or "It looks weird". Critique on the figure itself isn't very helpful to my improvement,either(i.e. "she looks too frightened," the facial expression was an artistic choice, though you could say that I didn't execute that expression very well and give pointers on why it's not convincing.she's also not frightened, I tried to make her in a moment of dazed confusion.as if someone just tapped her shoulder,I guess.) If you like or dislike it, think about what makes you think that and tell me why so I can either use that more or work on improving in that area. I mean, even "Those are some SLOPPY lines!" is something to take note of. :lol:
>>Explanation ends here<<

But, also, I'm not going to throw a fit over someone just saying they something it. Critique is simply something that would help me go in the right direction. I'm simply glad you took the time to look at this. Comment whatever kind of comment you want to. <3
Nox_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me