Drawing sessions 2
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Zora

Postby Corvuss » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:49 pm

Name
Zora

Relationships

Sylvester/Pester - Best Friend

Pester helps Zora control her powers just as much as Pyralis does. Whenever the stress from her training gets to her she can return to being a happy viscling again with Pester. He is immature and has no powers, but still likes to help around any way he can. Or even just likes to be their to put a smile on your face. Zora can snap out of her more mature self when Pester is around. They play games like any viscling would, but hide and seek is Zora’s favorite. Whenever she finds Pester she will pounce on him or poke him. The static she naturally generates will make his fur puff up. At first Pester complains, but in the end they both end up laughing.

Pyralis - Father Figure

Like Zora, Pyralis also has guardian powers. His is fire. Usually Pyralis travels around doing his job, and helping other guardians as he goes. It’s rare for him to allow any of them to follow him but he let Zora. She was the smallest and most determined he has ever found. The chances of her ever being able to control her powers were almost nothing, but she still tried. Pyralis never told her this of course, and he even started to doubt she would fail himself. Pyralis trained her every day in how to control her powers and become a guardian.

Calida - Inspiration

Calida is like Zora in many ways. Both aren’t actually guardians yet, and haven’t mastered their powers. Calida controls fire and used to train with Pyralis. Zora sees her as a huge inspiration because of this. She started with a more destructive element than storm, although lightning can be powerful and random. Zora is inspired by Calida’s perseverance and strength through her training and it influenced Zora a lot.

Personality:
There is a huge personality in this little viscet. Zora knows how to keep herself calm in dire situations, but doesn't know how to give up when she needs too- but don’t underestimate this little floof. She knows how to pack a punch. Like said, she has very good self control and doesn't get distracted in fights easily, and her small size helps her dodge most attacks. Although her weaker viscling body does limit her at times. She prefers to talk disputes over rather than fight them. She can be silly at times when there's a silly atmosphere, more so when she’s with Sylvester. Other than that she knows how to be mature in the right situations. Though she is usually positive, she can become very insecure easily, and usually distances herself from others for a bit when she feels down. Same thing usually happens when she feels under pressure- if something is forced onto her in any way she will usually freeze up and not be able to perform simple tasks. But overall
Zora is a happy vicling that just wants to improve everyone lives.

World Background Information:
In Zora’s world Viscets are very common, living both among the people as companions and in the wild. Viscets can communicate to humans while a guardian is nearby. A small amount of viscets are given guardian powers that specialize in a specific element, for example Zora’s ability to summon parts of a storm. They guard the balances of nature. Dead dry forests are destroyed, then nurtured back to life through other natural elements. A viscet having powers doesn’t automatically make them a guardian. Some have them but can’t handle them or the weight of what they have to do. If a viscet fails using to ever control their powers they will struggle with them their entire life, but if they master them they will receive a sign of some kind that will make it clear they have passed their tests to become a guardian. At that point they are given lots of respect, while failed or yet-to-be guardians are often shunned, criticized, and loathed. It is rare for them to receive help.

Backstory:

Zora was a very lucky guardian. Her powers were to summon rain and lightning. Her purpose for being a guardian would be to help regrow life. Her lightning was only given to her so she could defend herself. She came from a loving family that didn’t care that she didn’t grow larger than a viscling, or that her touch would make her fur stand on end. They loved her like any parent would love a viscling.

She has planned it for a long time. When she reached two years old she would finally leave her family to prove she could be a guardian. After making that promise to herself time seemed to fly until, suddenly it was time. It was hard to leave them but she knew she had to. Partially it was her curiosity that drove her to go, but some of it was fear. Few accidents had happened with her powers at that point but she didn’t want to risk anything.

“Bye mom, dad,” She teared up slightly as she hugged her parents, for as much as she knew she would never see them again. After the goodbyes, she set off. A new determined feeling coursing through her. She was ready for the life ahead of her, or so she thinks.

Zora traveled for a long while having great luck and enjoying her traveling. She hadn’t seen any signs for her guardian trails yet, but she didn’t lose confidence. Her luck started to run out as she came across a dryer part of the forest. The lush forests had dried into a wasteland before crumbling into an almost apocalyptic scene.

Zora’s felt her belly rumble once more. “There has to be food around here somewhere” She sighed, realizing now that she was going further into a dying forest. “I have to hurry it up to get out of here, to get food anyway” She looked around for any sign of food, beginning to feel weak. It had been three days in the same dead forest, and now she couldn't find water. Feeling weakened by this, all the energy she once had for this journey was now gone. She began to lose hope for her own life. But then, a light crackling could be heard. She looked around for the source, resulting is seeing a faint orange light from afar...

About to run, She noticed a small viscet at the edge of the fire, undisturbed. She was confused or, more so frightened. Why was he was just sitting there. His pelt had no indication of any burns. She flinched suddenly when she noticed small white flames surrounding him. “H-hey! Watch out!” she half-heartedly shouted toward him. Her voice was drowned out by the roar of the flames. She dashed towards him stopping abruptly, unsure of what to do next. “Do you not see the fire!?” He looked to her confused and appeared to speak, but his voice was also drowned by the flames. After seeing she didn’t understand he turned and yelled something into the fire. Suddenly realizing she had to do something- why she couldn't just stand there and watch him burn! Well, he wasn’t burning, but what if he ended up getting engulfed by the flames! She thought of all the times when she was younger that she would accidentally summon a rain storm, or create a spark. She focused on rain until she felt a cool drop of water hit her nose. The sky got darker and the sound of rain hitting the hollow wood echoed around her, rain slowly began to soak her fur.

Zora watched the rain start to dim down the fire. She felt slightly lighthead, already half starved and the small storm taking up a lot of her energy. She couldn't stand anymore, feeling her back legs give in to fatigue and make her sit. She felt slightly dizzy, but looked up when she could hear the pitter patter of feet. “Hey, I’m Sylvester. Did you-” She watched his head tilt slightly, “You don't look so good- AA YOUR HUNGARY” He had a small frightened outburst at seeing her ribs though her soaked pelt, just noticing just how beaten down she was. “PYRALISSSS” Sylvester whined, “Stay here, I’ll get my friend to find you something.” She gave a small nod, her legs folding under herself to lie down. Watching him walk away, er breathing became heavy and the storm grew more violent. Her vision started to blur, hearing a loud crash and a flash of lightning, before passing out in the clearing.

“Pyralis why aren't they waking up. Pyralis plz. Pyralis where are we taking her? Pyralisss. PYRALISSSSS.” Zora coughed slightly, her eyes opening so slightly. “PYRALIS I THINK SHE'S WAKING UP” She noticed a small pinch in the back on her neck. I’m being carried! “Pester, please quiet down.” She flinched slightly hearing the new voice, mature and intimidating. She felt herself lower to the ground gently and the grasp on her scruff loosened to nothing. “Pester, get the squirrel for me please.” He jumped up from where he was “Yes mam!” He snickered slightly and pranced away to get the suggested prey. “Can you talk?” The new voice asked. Her eyes opened fully now, and what sat in front of her frightened her slightly. A large male viscet looked down at her, though he had a straight face, his eyes were filled with worry. “Y-yes.” She replied shakily. Before the stranger could say anymore, the small one arrived with the food. “Got it! Oh hey, you're more awake now! Pyralis was afraid you were gonna die- but i told him you wouldn't because you made rain! Hah Pyralis her rain put out your fire and-” Pyralis cleared his throat loudly to suggest for him to stop blabbering. He looked up at Pyralis with an annoyed look, “No.” Sylvester looked down to his paws and mumbled quietly to himself. Zora looked around at the strangers. She got an odd feeling, if this wasn’t a sign that would lead her to becoming a guardian what was? Pyralis pushed the squirrel towards her, motioning to her it was hers. She took a bite of the prey that had been caught for her, she knew she would be safe with them.

Imageclick for full image

"Hah! Found you!" Zora giggled as she spooked Pester, leaping close enough to him so she could poke him- resulting in his fur sparking up with static electricity. Pesters fur stood on end from the shock, “Hey! You so cheated!” His face grew slightly angry and his eyes narrowed. It grew silent, before a smile started to slowly creep over his face. He snorted and both of them burst into laughter. "This time you hide and I'll find you!" Pester yipped and closed his eyes shut as Zora ran off to find a hiding place.

CREDITS
Pester and Calida belong to BluKitty53

BluKitty53 and humerussin were amazing fwiends and helped me with this forum. Humerus drew the art and did some editing. Blu helped turn ideas to words and more accurately portray her characters.

Pyralis is an idea of a viscet I had that will hopefully be in existence soon. He will be bred soon or I will use my MYO on him.
Corvuss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me