Snow during Easter by RocknRose

Based on Click to view
Artist RocknRose [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 1

Snow during Easter

Postby RocknRose » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:57 am

Hey there!
This is my entry for gagats "Design me an egg! contest.

Now here's the story:

It's spring - eastertime!
This year we had a new apprentice, BennyBunny. Yes, like in "Alice in Wonderland", his mothers favourite movie.
Well, this year Easter was really special, the Easter bunny family had some jobs from other famous chummy families, for example Santa Claus who became father some months ago and wanted a really special easter egg for his son.
So Humphrey, the actual Easter bunny, created a big surprise: he and BennyBunny made an egg out of the best chocolate you can imagine with many tiny tiny toys inside which grow as soon as you take them out. He was very proud, he never invented any egg like this before, and his apprentice did really good work, too - even if he was a beginner.
Humphrey was old and this year it was snowing (during spring, that was too much for his old bones). So he sent BennyBunny to hide the eggs.
Well, it was really cold and BennyBunny shivered all over his body although he wore a scarf and gloves. His feet became numb and he didn't notice the branch, he stumbled and - oh lummy! - he dropped the punnet with the eggs.
"Oh nooo!", he cried, "Santa's egg!!"
There was a big hole in the egg for Santa's son.
BennyBunny was so sad that he destroyed his and Humphreys masterwork and afraid to be in trouble that he cried like a little baby.
While that happened Santa got so nervous because no Easter bunny came that he phoned the Easter bunny family.
"He left about an hour ago.", Humphrey told Santa.
"But the way is just about half an hour! Hope he didn't had an accident!", Santa shouted and left his house to search for BennyBunny. He fetched his sledge with Rudolph and Prancer and drove through the snow.
After a few minutes he heard someone crying loudly - that sounded as sharp as a little Easter bunny in trouble!
He accelerated the sledge and soon he saw the problem - huh, nothing? No wolves, no eagles, no evil kids?
"Hey, you have to be BennyBunny, what's wrong?", Santa shouted.
"Ohh Mr. Claus, I'm sooo sorry....", the little bunny began but he couldn't stop crying. "I...I..I des-destroyed y-your eeegg!!"
"Oh, poor BennyBunny, you don't need to cry, it's no problem."
"But we worked s-so-o ha-hard for it!"
"Well, all of Humphreys easter eggs are awesome and I bet they're even better this year when someone new talented helped him. He told me how good you were."
"Really? And you're not angry?" *sniff, sniff*
"No, I'm not. Humphrey won't be, too. And now let's go back to my house, you have to be freezed by death. This is no Easter bunny weather, this is something for Santa and his reindeers." Santa nodded.
After a few minutes they sat, together with Humphrey who came meanwhile, too, in Santa's livingroom with the big fireplace.
Mrs. Claus brought tea, milk and cookies. BennyBunny played with baby Claus and the two old men imagined how the two young boys would work together later, when it was their time.
They smiled and clinked their cups.

:)
Looking for my dreamie - the Noncoon <3
Thanks to an awesome person I just got my other dreamy, the green sorbet <3

Come visit my trade thread!

Edward Elric <3
awesome
animated
gif made by
~Nya! :3

Pet's name: Edward Elric <3 [Thanks līga!]
RocknRose