Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

How to make a closed species :) by Kxng_Kenshari

Artist Kxng_Kenshari [gallery]
Time spent 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

How to make a closed species :)

Postby Kxng_Kenshari » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:42 pm

IF YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE A CLOSED SPECIES MAKE IT A CLOSED SPECIES NOT A CLOSED FEATURE

I see this way too often, and its really starting to get on my nerves. So hopefully this will fix it. sort of.
First off, what i mean by "closed feature" is something like this... well.. lets say you decided to make a species. so you base it off of a fox or something. But a fox is already a species right? So u gotta give it something so everybody will know that its your species. you take it and slap some wings on it and there you have your "closed species." So you know you post it on deviantart or something for everybody to see. Right? well since you came up with it "first" when you see somebody else with the same thing you can tell them to take it down, even if they didn't even know of your existence and they didnt know that you even made the "species"

See what im trying to say? Lots of other people have come up with this before, and taking a fox and putting butt wings on it isnt a species. Also, please dont take offense to this. I'm just putting it out there hoping to change some peoples minds, because i see this way too often, and it isnt really fair. If you're going to make a closed species, make it to where you can tell that it is in fact your species when you look at it. For example, when you look at angel dragons you know theyre owned by ino89777. Once again, please dont take offense to this, im just posting this hoping to get it out there.
Kxng_Kenshari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How to make a closed species :)

Postby corrosive_limes » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:21 pm

i suspect this is going to get locked because its just writing and no drawing
but i have to say
thank you for this

this is why i dont post species i make, though i am very proud of many of them since i think they are actually original species and not a breed of animal with a mutation
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kxng_Kenshari » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:23 pm

corrosive_limes wrote:
i suspect this is going to get locked because its just writing and no drawing
but i have to say
thank you for this

this is why i dont post species i make, though i am very proud of many of them since i think they are actually original species and not a breed of animal with a mutation

lol yes, just realized that. i honestly really didnt know where to post it... but your welcome. not all heroes wear capes.
Kxng_Kenshari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:59 pm

As stated, the Oekaki is for drawing, not writing.

It's also not the place for this kind of discussion.
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me