Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Make my species! closed! by ajax.

Based on Click to view
Artist ajax. [gallery]
Time spent 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Make my species! closed!

Postby ajax. » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:24 pm

hey guys c;
so I've had a specie that I've wanted to have done for a long time
I'm offering 9 store pets max since that's the average commission price
The link is x X X X X X X X X
but I'm only giving the pets to first place.

So for first place we have a max of 9 store pets
Second a few rares (X X and X) plus a custom and an artists position
Third we have a rare and an artist position and a custom
what I'd like~
✓ clean lines
✓ semi-realistic (i like fluffy but not too much)
✓ mature shading
✓ lots of layers (i have some added there already)
✓ no need for coloring
✓ pup lines with most of the same layers
✓(some layers are optional you don't need to do them)
✓ well done backgrounds (for the two)

also please leave the backgrounds and sig!
what I don't want~
- messy lines
- just a sketch
- small image
- chibi-like (floofy is ok but i still want it realistic-ish)
-
-
-

I'd like this to end in four months time to give everybody a chance to put their best effort into their drawing c: (May 9th)

i will have this going until i find a good enough species line

whats I'm looking for~
i have a long paragraph describing this but if you have more questions please ask ^.^

What is an aquirling?
Aquirlings originated from a descendant of the dire wolf, a prehistoric canine creature that roamed the times before humans ever existed. They inhabited the farthest northern point of North America. Staying on Iceland, Canada and Alaska, there were even parts of Russia that has recorded them.
However, these canines needed at least below twenty Celsius weather to survive, and with global warming they were pushed farther and farther up north until they began to evolve to survive the warming earth.
As they changed, the wolves moved south, many covering central Russia, and the southern part of Canada, some even moving into the northern states of the us.
But as they began to get a thinner coat and become better at running on solid ground instead of ice and snow. These wolves also began to mutate, at first they all became much larger than the normal wolf, even though they already were. They began to change their ears to replicate the Lynx that inhabited most areas they were in.
They began to get manes as well, either a long feathery mane or a coarse short mane, usually including a fringe that covered one of their eyes, which became more catlike.
They began to breed more as well, with a mating season coming around January to July in which the females conceived.
But that wasn't all, these new wolves began to develop some sort of element, one of which chosen from six, fire, water, nature, air, day and night. And as they were introduced to more animals, they began to get stranger mutations.
Water Aquirlings, staying more on the Eastern and western coasts of Canada and the USA, began to hunt fish and seals in rivers and oceans. Began to develop the characteristics of a fish, they began to get gills, long slits through their short fur around their necks, long fins, that grew from their ankles to their elbows. They even grew spinal fins that ran along their back.
These Aquirlings were more common to get coarser manes that made it easier to swim, they got webbed toes with retractable claws to catch fish easier and can go as deep as 50 feet below water.
Fire Aquirlings, while they moved more south than most Aquirlings, stayed in the dry Rockies and deserts around the USA and Canada, some of them also moving from Russia down to the northern states of Africa. They however, weren't able to stay on the hot ground nearly as easily as the water Aquirlings and over many decades, developed scaly wings similar to a dragons. With hooked spikes off the mane joint. They too earned a coarse mane to resemble their fiery element and can fly at speeds up to 100 kilometers an hour.
But however, these new flying wolves had thick fluffy tails that whipped around as they flew and showed a great hazard to steering. And while the animals in Russia and Canada stayed the same, the others began to develop long tails similar to the lions they saw. Along with spikes that protruded from their cheeks, elbows and knees along with developing a darker colour palette. They too got strong dew claws to claw up the rocky terrain.
Nature Aquirlings stayed in central Russia and Canada and inhabited dense forested areas because they felt best under the cover of trees. There, they interacted with deer that they hunted easily with their large size. But, their wolf-ish tail began to drag behind them and they soon cropped it to be similar to a deer's. They too got spikes on all the same areas as the fire Aquirlings. They began to develop stealth skills and can camouflage into any surrounding like a chameleon. They got long silky manes because they were easier to hunt and served them better than prickly manes that made sound on the foliage.
Air aquirling were of coarse another flying aquirling, they moved all along the equator and stayed all around Australia and went as far north as Southern Asia. They grew long feathered wings like Falcons and got a light colour palette. They, like the fire aquirling got a lion tail that flew way better than their wolf one.
They got cheek spikes along with poisonous ankle spikes like a platypus'.
Day Aquirlings spent only their time outside during the day, they usually have a very light and warm colour palette and are found around the same area as the air Aquirlings. They too got large feathered wings but didn't earn the lion tails. They instead got long smooth horse tails and got the same poisonous ankle spikes. They however got human like eyes instead of the vertical pupils. They have soft feathery manes and can commonly be longer furred (not yet discovered)
Night Aquirlings, opposite of the day Aquirlings only stay out during night while they sleep in the day hours. They are found around the thick forests like the nature Aquirlings and they get along fine.They have the same dragon-like wings as the fire Aquirlings but instead of a horse or lion tail got a long sweeping puma tail. They always have coarse manes and can also have longer pelts. However they are the only Aquirlings to have horizontal pupils like a goats or horses. They earned a very dark colour palette but like all Aquirlings can be found in any other colour. (Not yet discovered)
But however, the Aquirlings have no longer been acted like the canines they are-or were-. They now have a breeding season and they no longer hunt in packs but solitary. So the males need to compete for the females affections, they couldn't completely fight like the wolves they were because that would be too deadly. Instead, determining on their region managed to evolve horns of some sort on their heads, the nature and night Aquirlings got long branching antlers and fight like the deer they share their area with. Females however got horns similar to an ewe goats. Water, fire and air Aquirlings being more closer to humans interacted with goats and got ram horns while the females got ewe horns.
Day Aquirlings however got long spiraling horns that resembled a kudus and compete with them. They are the only known Aquirlings so far that have them.

anyway the layers im looking for are, all separate.

a base layer - which is a wolf with large paws, and lynx ears (no tail please!)
tail #1 - wolf tail
tail #2 - deer tail
tail #3 - lion tail
tail #4 - puma tail
tail #5 - horse tail
horns #1 - kudu horns
horns #2 - ewe horns
horns #3 - ram horns
horns #4 - antlers
wings #1 - feathered wings
wings #2 - dragon wings
spikes #1 - cheek spikes (opt)
spikes #2 - back spikes (like a dinos) (opt)
spikes #3 - elbow spikes (opt)
fins #1 - leg fins
fins #2 - spinal fin
mane #1 - coarse mane from fringe to mid back
mane #2 - silky long mane from fringe to mid back

desert background
sky background

pup base layer - with stubby horns but no tail
wings #1 - feathered
wings #2 - dragon wings
tail #1 - wolf tail
tail #2 - deer tail
tail #3 - lion tail
tail #4 - puma tail
tail #5 - horse tail
fins #1 - leg fins
fins #2 - spinal fin
mane #1 - coarse mane from fringe to mid back
mane #2 - silky long mane from fringe to mid back

and if possible shade for all layers c; but if not thats alright c;
Last edited by ajax. on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Make my species! (several VR prize!)

Postby ajax. » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:39 pm

bump
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ajax. » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:24 pm

Bump
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ajax. » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:06 am

Bump
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ajax. » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:58 am

Bump
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koegami » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:59 am

mark
before I do anything you'll need to post the prizes

bjorn avatar art by noch
      you can commission them here

koe - adult | mostly inactive | only here for simas
    discord: koegami | toyhou.se: koegami / alavii-cs

ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ajax. » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:46 pm

Alavii wrote:mark
before I do anything you'll need to post the prizes

I said above that the prizes max is thirteen store pets from varying times, they're all different but if you'd like to see they're in my store pets group
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ajax. » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:39 pm

bump, the prizes is in the store pets group in my pets c;
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ajax. » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:40 pm

Bump
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ajax. » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:03 pm

Bump
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me