Based on Click to view
Artist SplashofOrangeJuice [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour
Drawing sessions 1
43 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon #771

Postby SplashofOrangeJuice » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:16 pm

Kalons-- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals
have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sentient.
Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting
Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

in honor of
      me turning another year older and into more of an adult
      a few days ago, this kalon is based on aesthetics *v*

the glasses are just an accessory + can be removed ++ the shine is a monstera leaf!!
      it was inspired by cities, house plants, and afternoon light just before the sun sets. it also is covered w lots of freckles :00

i've really been interested in redecorating my room and just altogether having a space that is /mine/, so for the contest, come up with a mood-board/images of things you'd find in their room!

edits; standard: hair, shine; common: tail

Code: Select all
      username:
      name:
      mood-board of things you'd find in their room/describing their aesthetic:

limit of 2 extras
      ++writing less than or equal to 300 words per extra;
      ++up to two art pieces;
      ++can do combo of writing and art

you may rearrange your forms display, but don't decorate with extra images or quotes.
      alternate fonts are fine.

Ends January 11th! at 11:59 pm MST **extended deadline see bottom of post**
      [I start next semester on the 12th, so it may take a week or more for me to completely judge based
      on the number of entrants.]

QUESTIONS
      SplashofOrangeJuice wrote:
      Colour54 wrote:This bab is great!! Should we draw our own sketch of their room (and that would be independent of the extras) or should we get a gif/pre-taken picture?

There are a few ways you can do this! You can use a free online moodboard creator like http://www.gomoodboard.com where you can upload pictures and it'll put them into a moodboard. Or, you can use any external art program you may have like Photoshop or paint tool Sai, and create a moodboard that way. Or, if you don't have access to such things, you can just list images (preferably as links) in your form that would show what their room is like.

Please don't sketch it out for the moodboard, find existing images or take your own. You can use a sketch or drawing of the room and how it looks pieced together as one of your extras (:

Do all of you understand what I mean when I say moodboard? I can clarify.
      Essentially it's a collage of images that people use for inspiration and planning out what they want something to be influenced by, for example when decorating a room. It's not necessarily from their perspective of a moodboard they would have (although it could be), but I was more so picturing a board created by you that sort of gives an idea for what their room looks like or the sort of aesthetic styles they're into.

waterfront wrote:
      would a playlist be allowed as an extra :0?

Sure!

elf_of_the_hollow wrote:
        I absolutely love this competition idea?? putting together moodboards is one of my favorite things to do^-^

Also, is there any limit to how many images we can use for the moodboard?
        And can we both make the moodboard and describe their aesthetic?
        Edit; Ahh, sorry for asking so many questions, I just want to make sure that I'm doing everything right. Anyway, does the personality section have a word limit?? I know that the extras have a limit of 300 words each, but does that apply to the personality section as well?

First of all, thank you! but I didn't come up with the idea on my own. There was a kalon a while back with a similar contest. (:

There's no limit for the amount of images you want to include in your moodboard.

You can make the moodboard and describe their aesthetic, but the judging will focus more on the actual moodboard and character development.
      If you also want to describe their aesthetic, I think that would have to count as an extra.

And nope, no word limit for the personality! I take into account character development when I judge, and I feel limiting that might restrain you all from growing the character effectively. That being said, huge walls of text are a bit of a turn off (they'rer kind of intimidating??) so try to break it up a bit if you do write a lot.

Extended Deadline! Sat. Jan 14, 2017 @ 7:00 PM MST !!

Last edited by SplashofOrangeJuice on Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
╔══════════════╗

░░░░░░░ ❚❚ ► ░░░░░░

kota // artist
🌵just your average art nerd🌵

my gallery.
my tumblr,

message me

*tumblr sometimes nsfw

╚══════════════╝
SplashofOrangeJuice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #771

Postby lacewing » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:35 pm

username: Just.Apathy

name: Alexander Madeline

personality: Alex is a very moody kalon, often moping alone in her room for hours on end, it seems. But oftentimes, she isn't moping, but instead pondering. See, Alex can be very pensive and thoughtful, and is quite the interesting one to speak to, as she often has philosophical topics to share about. Alexander isn't the most friendly, and is a definite introvert, but she definitely has a story to tell, if she can just get around to telling it.

Black and white. Trees. Starry nights. Poetic verses. Flowers. Eyes. All of it in tones of gray, black, and silvery white, some ivory tones, some coal-black, all beautiful. Alex is a photographer, you see, and she makes multitudes of collages of pictures she takes of nature mixed in with cutouts of poetry or images she finds of manmade objects. She finds these collages so soothing, and takes pride in them. In her main room, the living room, hangs a six-piece set of images, much like a moodboard. One of the images projects a dying tree, broken down. Another shows a set of gears, depicting movement that Alex captured perfectly in her art. The others consist of a set of the following; a camera with a broken screen, a half-closed eye, a picture taken in black and white of a bundle of hydrangea flowers, and a small square of poetry that she wrote herself. It reads as the following:

Life is so fragile.
Like grains of sand, or droplets of water,
it slides through our paws
leaving nothing but a bleak world ahead.
We cannot resist trying
to hold onto this shattered thing
even if we know that we have to let go.

this poem means so much to Alex. She wrote it after her sister died, attempting to make her passing less painful. To passing eyes, glances, this moodboard of photography may seem to have little meaning, but to her it does. Everytime she views it, she feels a slight fluttering in her heart. it isn't sadness, she isn't sad. The photos seem to relieve it a bit, leaving her feeling calm and serene.

((no time to do any extras, sadly ;v;))
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

magpie

she/they

lesbian!!!

i am quitting and looking to trade most of my pets for art or characters here!
my toyhouse! (under construction)
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
lacewing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wriolette enjoyer » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:37 pm

username: Vilvia

name: Eridan

personality: Active, happy, nice, loyal, lies sometimes to get out of trouble.

mood-board of things you'd find in their room/describing their aesthetic: wip
he/him, adult, into genshin impact.

i occasionally pop in time to time to see what's new.
i do not trade my pets.
wriolette enjoyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heartleafed » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:38 pm

mood-board of things you'd find in their room: (larger)
username: ██████humboldt
name: ███████████pasha

personality: pasha is quite the endearing little kalon,
a lover of both aesthetic and functionality as well as
any and all things he finds beautiful (which happens to
be a lot things, as he tends to find beauty in simple and
everyday things.)
he tries to be a constant source of kindness and radiate
positivity to everyone around him, but in truth he can
be insecure and antsy in personal relationships, so he
keeps neat things as a way to feel like he has a source
of stability in his life.
even still his easy and free love of things draws
attention to himself, which to an extent he loves.
especially when it widens the audience of people he can
share the things he loves with.
while the things he enjoys range vastly, some things
that will always bring him joy are things like plants,
cute notebooks, stickers, anything color and or soft.

extras: wip
Last edited by heartleafed on Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image{ mars ` he ` toyhou.se }
heartleafed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocoa » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:47 pm

This bab is great!! Should we draw our own sketch of their room (and that would be independent of the extras) or should we get a gif/pre-taken picture?
cocoa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Karmel » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:48 pm

username:
      name:

Res <3
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby naumachy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:57 pm

Cute bab, but I don't have time!
Last edited by naumachy on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
♞ nau • they/them, aries, intp • naumachy#9611 • comms are usd/closed rn • fumischarseddasbug
naumachy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angelshy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:00 pm

Username:
Angelshy

Name:
Newton ❝Newt❞ O. Niffler
(the O stands for Occamy)

Personality:
An eccentrically endearing fellow, Newt is very much the odd-one-out who everyone seems to like somehow. He tries his best to be entirely optimistic as he is a very caring pacifist. A healthy combination of both, although he may seem glum and melancholy by his shy nature, he enjoys the world surrounding him.

He's learned that it's impossible to please everyone and therefore is not ashamed of his varying oddities. If questioned about them, he answers coolly and with ease in his soft and dreary voice―which somehow always sounds slightly stuffy―as if he always has a slight cold.

One who blinks a lot by reflex, Newt loves to carry about his polaroid-esque yellow (his favorite color, which he nearly drowns himself in), so as to never miss an opportunity for a lifetime memory. Memories are cherished deeply by Newt, no matter if they bring sadness, anger, joy, or whatever else. They are remembrances of his life and he wishes to never forget anything.

Or anyone for that matter.

Become friends with him and you will stay connected forever. It won't matter if you will drift apart, somehow, anyone who has ever encountered him will nonetheless be brought back to him. It's quite hard to forget him after all, he imprints himself in your mind by his choppy way of speech, yet his intellect will always shine through.

Although his words may sound a bit jumbled when strung together, if one gets to know him, whether they be at the age of three or the age of a hundred, Newt manages to fit his manner of conversing with who it is he's presently with. Being one who at one point wanted to be a teacher, he knows exactly how to help his 'listeners' understand. Often he may find ways to muster a few poorly executed jokes once or twice, but really all who stay to hear him simply find him interesting by the manner he explains, well, anything. He could talk of slicing bread or crumpling a piece of paper and it would sound more than mildly interesting.

With his family and friends, Newt is considerate and cares for everyone's well-being. As one who is rarely annoyed by petty things, Newt can get by all holiday seasons with little no arguments or scuffles with his loved ones. Rarely does anything anger him so much that he will shout out.

Lastly, Newt feels very strongly for the environment and the animals inhabiting the environment. Something about those critters and creatures that have made him gentle and see the innocence in their eyes. He knows of the importance of a healthy world to live in a is a strong advocate for anything that can breath life, as in his abundance of plants and his everlasting love for animals.

Mood-board of things you'd find in their room/describing their aesthetic:

My philosophy is that worrying means you suffer twice.❞ ―Newt Scamander

Newt has such a passion for feeding birds . . .
He’d truly prefer if you learned more about him by means of bread-crumbs of information . . .
Well, here we go then, have no worries . . .

• Avid peacock marble collector (his glasses are peacock marble patterned)
• Legally blind in left eye (those glasses are lifesavers)
• Naturalistic zoologist (has a soft spot for any and all birds)
• Prefers naps in the latter part of evening (you know, a bit after you've eaten lunch and not quite suppertime yet)
• Naps are often skipped due to too many things to be done in so little time (results in his perpetual sleepiness)
• Mastered the random art of staying half-asleep and half-awake (can comprehend what he's reading while dozing in a dream)
• Dreams a lot about birds (mostly during his half-n-half reading-time dozing sessions which was previously mentioned above)
• Best ideas come to him at 3am (when he's lying in bed trying to recall whether or not he watered all the upstairs and downstairs plants, spontaneity just comes)
• Admires large windows (especially when it rains, there's nothing better than opening it just a smidge to enjoy the petrichor)
• Appreciates long bicycle rides (watching the world scroll by at varying speeds of leisurely pedaling is extremely relaxing)
• Believes flowers are a bedside must as well as a front-pocket must (it's just a necessity, the same way books are considered a necessity to him, you know―just in case)
• Flowers and books go together like milk and cookies (book-pressed flowers fresh from the pages of an old vanilla-paged book is pure magic to him)
• Painting is a getaway (music helps too, but painting helps the most as he listens to mother nature's own music)

( ^^ art by me )

oh my goodness WAIT WHAT morks with a bork
good luck everyone and congrats to the lucky winner !
Last edited by angelshy on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 25 times in total.
- ̗̀ xangel/shy | she/they | my kalons | my charactersx ̖́-
angelshy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hirrrio » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:43 pm

Username: Hirrrio
Name: Mim
Personality:
Hes head strong and very chill,
hes the kind of person you can talk to all the time.
He loves plants and clam things.
Hes stubborn and always needs to be right.
Hes very good to sticking to one thing at a time,
but he can multitask very well.
Mood-board of things you'd find in their
room/describing their aesthetic: -->

Note: He has sticky notes everywhere because
when ever he has an idea he writes it down quickly so
he always has something to do.
Last edited by Hirrrio on Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Hirrrio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mellow. » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:50 pm

username: panserbjørn
    name: arjana
    personality: arjana is a dreamer of improbable dreams; she is always searching for some peace and quiet, however. she is quite shy and reserved, but has many ideas for buildings and design, she has many ideas for a lot of things— it's like there's a workshop in her mind, where the little employees never stop grinding, and turning the gears. these gears fuel her vast imagination.

mood-board of things you'd find in their room/describing their aesthetic: nobody would understand why, but arjana would have a board with gears and sprockets, and lots of electronical, or just complex things. or, on a table, there could be her little inventions, and no body except her would know what they did.
Last edited by mellow. on Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
┌─────────────────────────────────────────┐

rocco e i suoi fratelli. 1960. dir. luchino visconti
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
"✦ --𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐌𝐄!! )
"io?"
()() (th)
( 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐔𝐍𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 ! -- ✦"

└─────────────────────────────────────────┘
mellow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist