Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Lonely old sand castle. by *Comet*

Artist *Comet* [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 38 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Lonely old sand castle.

Postby *Comet* » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:21 am

Lonely old sand castle.

Comments and crit welcome. :3 I also have a little for you can fill out if you want. (crit form)
Code: Select all
[b]Is my drawing intermediate worth?:[/b]
[b]Why or why not?:[/b]
[b]what did I do absolutely wrong?:[/b]
[b]What did I not do so well on?:[/b]
[b]What could I fix to make it look better?:[/b]
[b]Do you have any tips for me?:[/b]
[b]Anything else you'd like to point out?:[/b]

Thanks for looking. :3
~*Comet*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I'm drowning in school so that's part of my reason for going for a while. I'll be back in December then gone again after. I will probably randomly appear places(ninja like. 0,o).

Only taking art request through PM(Do NOT PM me with an art request unless you have late 09-08 rares/Vrares! Those are the only pets I'll accept for art.)Please PM me for examples. Also please note I have not posted any art on CS for 1-2 months so my art HAS improved since the art I'll show you. x3

I'm would really appreciate constructive crit from more experienced members(PM to me please!).

I'm not collecting pets. Only gaining them to spend on art! 8D

Thanks for reading my sig. ~<3
~*Comet*

*Comet*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lonely old sand castle.

Postby MusicLuver » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:09 am

Don't take this wrongly but I would put you in begginers..... well it seemed blan and a little boring, you did not blend it looks like or anything, the white caps in the water were not even blended to look relistic.... I love art and this is very interesting and creative but not quite ready for the big things yet,sorry if I hurt your feelings at all it is not what I entend to do at all. I would like to point out how the sand looks realistic. Thank You For Doing Art, It is a pleasure to my eyes!

-Musicluver , :clap: :thumbup: do rate comment
MusicLuver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby obsceneSymphony » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:51 am

Is my drawing intermediate worth?: Yes
Why or why not?: The sand is very detailed, the shadows accurate
what did I do absolutely wrong?: Nothing
What did I not do so well on?: Like the person above me said, the wave could be a bit better. I think blending them would help, but it would be really east to go overboard on the blending
What could I fix to make it look better?: ^
Do you have any tips for me?: Nope, not as good.
Anything else you'd like to point out?:
Back at CS again!
♥: food animal medicine, access to care, welfare, ecology, bugs, lifting
MHA, DC, RvB, Homestuck, Discworld, Area X, Star Trek
Eve \ adult \ she or he \ DVM student

ImageImage Image
obsceneSymphony

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Comet* » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:14 am

MusicLuver wrote:Don't take this wrongly but I would put you in begginers..... well it seemed blan and a little boring, you did not blend it looks like or anything, the white caps in the water were not even blended to look relistic.... I love art and this is very interesting and creative but not quite ready for the big things yet,sorry if I hurt your feelings at all it is not what I entend to do at all. I would like to point out how the sand looks realistic. Thank You For Doing Art, It is a pleasure to my eyes!

-Musicluver , :clap: :thumbup: do rate comment

No offense taken. ^^ I asked, and you were completely honest. :3 I re-did the water, maybe you could critique it again? The foam is very deceiving, as all oceans are different...I looked a little at this pictureClick. I did originally blend the sand, but it looked horrid, so that's why it's not blended.... I also dun really like that tool, so I avoid it a bit. I guess I should learn to love it. x3

About the blandness... That was sort of my intent, as the old forgotten castle was the main follicle point of the picture, although I didn't really quit capture the mood I wanted. 3: Also, I like to leave a little room for your own imagination to run wild. Like the upper top of the sand castle seems to blend in with the back ground... i left it like that to let your mind interact with the piece. :3

Thanks for the crit. 83

misttt wrote:Is my drawing intermediate worth?: Yes
Why or why not?: The sand is very detailed, the shadows accurate
what did I do absolutely wrong?: Nothing
What did I not do so well on?: Like the person above me said, the wave could be a bit better. I think blending them would help, but it would be really east to go overboard on the blending
What could I fix to make it look better?: ^
Do you have any tips for me?: Nope, not as good.
Anything else you'd like to point out?:

Thank you. <3
I'm drowning in school so that's part of my reason for going for a while. I'll be back in December then gone again after. I will probably randomly appear places(ninja like. 0,o).

Only taking art request through PM(Do NOT PM me with an art request unless you have late 09-08 rares/Vrares! Those are the only pets I'll accept for art.)Please PM me for examples. Also please note I have not posted any art on CS for 1-2 months so my art HAS improved since the art I'll show you. x3

I'm would really appreciate constructive crit from more experienced members(PM to me please!).

~*Comet*

*Comet*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuki. » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:18 am

Dont worry comet, i think it is really good! The waves are awesome, but tiny bit more water would be a tiny bit better!

Yuki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:17 pm

I don't think the sand should be blended, there are too many pictures which overuse the blend tool, this looks more textured and 'painted' without it which is a lovely effect
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Comet* » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:27 am

Thank you. :3

~*Comet*

*Comet*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KiwiKoala » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:14 am

You obviously put a great deal of effort into this, which is probably the reason it's so outstanding. Great job! :thumbup:

Is my drawing intermediate worth?: Why yes, it certainly is.
Why or why not?: The lighting and shading are fantastic and you demonstrate a clear knowledge of capturing still life with a drawing.
what did I do absolutely wrong?: At the moment the sand-castle could be in a dip in the ground, but I can't be exactly sure. The sand could be fixed.
What did I not do so well on?: The sand-castle's perspective. Again, it looks like it could have fallen over, but I'm not sure.
What could I fix to make it look better?: Either shade and highlight more evenly underneath and around the sand-castle, or maybe designate a clear dip or mound beneath it. A change in perspective for the castle might be a good idea as well.
Do you have any tips for me?: No, you seem to have a much higher calibre of experience than I do.
Anything else you'd like to point out?: The entire scene is beautiful and realistic, and the shell and moat detail are gorgeous. :3
Trading 1000+ Old Rares!

~Call me Kiwi. :3~
KiwiKoala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Comet* » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:22 am

Thank you. :3

The sand castle is old, therefore it is supose to look like it's "falling over" with age, or just leaning with age. :3
I'll work on the lighting a little bit and see what I can accomplish... But yes, it is in a dip, because it's sand. Sand is not normally flat in my opinion. :3

I really like all this info I'm getting. C8 It''s nice to know what's going through every-ones head when they look at my picture... C8

~*Comet*

*Comet*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeee » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:56 pm

Is my drawing intermediate worth?:Yes, very muchly
Why or why not?:It is because you did very well of the water and the sand. I love the idea of a lonley sand castle.
what did I do absolutely wrong?:I dont really think you did anything wrong
What did I not do so well on?:Nothing, really.
What could I fix to make it look better?:Its beautiful already.
Do you have any tips for me?:No
Anything else you'd like to point out?:I love how you made the shading, and the castle to look like its actually facing up.

AWESOME JOB!
feelsjoelman
Zeee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me