The Porcelain Doll

"The Porcelain Doll" by kuregalis

Dressup entry

The Porcelain Doll

Postby kuregalis » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:51 pm

There was a doll. A very prized doll owned by a small Prince. The doll-in which the Prince named Jelsa- loved the little prince very much. He cared for her and dressed her up in the fanciest of clothing. The Queen was happy that the little Prince had something to cherish. The King however, thought differently. He thought, dolls were to girly for his only son. Being the King and father he was, he thought it was best for the Prince to throw the doll away. One day, the King went up to the prince and said "Son, if you are to be heir of this kingdom, you cannot afford to play with such frilly little things like a doll. Especially if it is made of Porcelain. You might break her one day.". However, the little Prince refused, promising he would take great care of the frail doll. At that night he put Jelsa by his nightstand and said "I promise not to break you so stay with me.". The little doll was so happy. Unfortunately, the King did not want his son to be known for playing with dolls so he snuck into his room; took the little doll outside, and smashed it to bitter pieces. The doll was very hurt of this and the next day, the Prince was upset. Where had his doll went? The King made up quite a good excuse for the dolls disappearance and the Prince went off, saddened.

Months went by and the doll was stuck in the landfill in the royal kingdom. One day, an old woman was in the landfill, searching for scraps of junk she could use. She found Jelsa sitting in a pile of broken pieces. The old woman-whom Jelsa began to call Sara-picked up all of the pieces she could find and scurried of home. Sara conjured up a spell to not only fix Jelsa, but to make her come to life. She chanted these words Wiggle and jiggle little doll, for you to come to alive, come and serve me for the rest of my life!". With those very words, Jelsa`s broken pieces began spinning and enlarging, piecing back together again. Jelsa opened her eyes, confused and dazed but happy at the same time. The now living doll wanted to say thank you but, she couldn't speak. "Shh,shh, little doll for i will call you Lin. You must serve me until i pass and until then, you are still simply a doll unable to talk, eat, or drink but you may breath.". Jelsa was a bit saddened, but if she waited, would she not be able to see the Prince again? Years went by and Jelsa helped Sara-whom she assumed was a with-slowly and steadily growing a bond with the old lady. The day came where she would go and pass away. "Are you happy?" asked Sara, caressing the now crying dolls face. "Look little doll, your crying. Your becoming real now. Havent you been waiting for this day?". Jelsa began to cry more so when she said those words. She has been waiting for this day yes, but she was also dreading it. This person came to care for her and brought her to life and given her great things. All she did in return, was do her chores and collect items from a landfill. Sara`s face turned into a frown and said "I want to see you happy if i am to pass on little doll.". Jelsa opened her eyes to look into the others one last time. She nodded and whispered "okay..." as she watched, felt, and sensed the old woman`s life slip away, her hand dropping on her chest. The girl buried her that day in the garden she would tend to every day for her. She began walking around the small house, her footsteps no longer making a loud thud as she was now made of flesh and blood. The girls head turned when a knock came from the door and she answered. There was a man and a scribe

"Yes?" she asked, looking at the two men. "We are here on orders of the King to give a notice to all maidens in the land that there will be a ball a week from now." said the reader as the scribe held u[p the paper. She stood there for a moment. In the middle of winter? He added, "Are there any other women in this household eligible to attend a ball?". Jelsa thought for a moment until her memories struck her. How could she forget the little Prince? "No sir, it is just me.". The men stood there for a moment before one said "Please attend in your finest attire." were their last words as they went and walked towards a horse drawn carriage-in which she hadn't noticed before-and they were on their way. Jelsa skipped to her room with glee and went straight to her closet. She observed all of her clothes, which of course, were not very extravagant. The girl sighed and looked outside her window to see Sara`s newly dug grave and remembered her words. She went on her way to the sewing machine and began to create clothes from anything she could find.

The day came for when the ball were to arrive and in her luck, she had just finished the dress. She held it up in the light and smiled. It looked just like the one where the little Prince would always put on her. She hastily put the dress on;including a necklace in which Sara had given her a few years ago and a bracelet she had made to match with items she had found in the landfill. She left the house, looking back at the garden for a few moments before turning at the road. How would she get there? The girl looked on both sides of the road and walked down one path. After a minute, she ran into a traveling merchant and asked him "May i take a ride to the castle?" in which the merchant agreed, not wanting to refuse riding with a beautiful lady. Once she got there, she refused a few stares from the "carriage" she was riding and her outfit, which wasn't exactly the most extravagant there, but she knew; the little Prince would recognise her. She stepped down and thanked the man, offering a few coins in which her declined saying riding her to the palace was an honour in its self. She looked at the palace, brimming with light,happiness, and people and yet, something was missing.

Jelsa walked inside looking around and feeling the nostalgic feeling around her. She walked down the steps and spotted the little Prince-who was of course, not so little anymore- and began to walk towards him in a briskly pace. As she got closer, she saw he was with another girl and stopped. He looked to be quite happy. She observed him a little more, walking around so it would seem she were not a stalker. After in what she thought were to be an hour, the Prince stood up and bowed, heading for the dance floor. She wanted to join him but what if he were to recognize her? Just then, a very nicely dressed gentleman asked her to dance and the girl agreed. She danced and danced with many people who switched places but she just didn't feel happy. One more dance she thought as someone had lightly tapped her shoulder. She turned around to see who it was. She felt her heart skip a beat when she saw who it was and just couldn't help but feel overjoyed on who it was. It was the not-so-little Prince; and he had asked her to a dance.

edit: i'm to lazy to fix this omg its really cringey my apologies - 8/13/19
Last edited by kuregalis on Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
kuregalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Porcelain Doll

Postby Citruss » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:52 pm

Woahhhh, This is amazing!!!! I love your story, keep making more!
Citruss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kuregalis » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:11 pm

Giselle20002 wrote:Woahhhh, This is amazing!!!! I love your story, keep making more!

thank you ^v^
Status: Barely active. Swamped with irl responsibilities. You can hmu on Discord.
Discord: kuregalis
Toyhouse: kuregalis

kuregalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kuregalis » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:18 am

mini bump ^^
Status: Barely active. Swamped with irl responsibilities. You can hmu on Discord.

kuregalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nocteKnight » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:28 am

Oh my gosh! Your story is amazing! C:

-Van Gogh-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kuregalis » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:42 pm

nocteKnight wrote:Oh my gosh! Your story is amazing! C:

ooh thank you 0v0

kuregalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kuregalis » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:16 am

bump

kuregalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me