Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Volcaron Wing Types by P0CKETKNIFE

Artist P0CKETKNIFE [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Volcaron Wing Types

Postby P0CKETKNIFE » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:13 am

Lore
    Volcarons are your standard winged humanoid with a slightly more complex background and culture. There are currently five types of wings a volcaron may have. although mutations are present and may cause wings to vary in size and color. Each wing has a scientific name and a nickname they're generally classified under.
Curvacornu Wings
    Known as curve wings, this type is arguably the most vibrant and beautiful variety there is. They come in shades of blue green, and occasionally chestnut and reds although those cases are rare. They're designed for soaring high above land and not typically for high speed flight. These wings are uncommon, but not considered rare.
Remcornu Wings
    Point wings are named after their noticeable pointed feather that extends from the top of the wing. They're typically multicolored, but from what's known they only come in natural shades. The most common varieties of color are white, chestnut, and dark brown. Their flight pattern is similar to curve wings, but they're better suited for high speed flight. These wings are the most common
Denicornu Wings
    Short winged volcarons are poor at long distance flight, though some exceptions are present. Volcarons with this wing type are typically ground-dwellers and remain so their entire lives. The base color of their wings is a natural color with unnatural stripes and accents. These wings are considered common.
Multumcornu Wings
    Perhaps the rarest variety of wings there is, long wings are designed to soar in strong winds. Almost always coming in solid dark blues, greens, or browns these wings are the most plain but no less beautiful.
Celercornu Wings
    Unfortunately, volcarons with these wings tend to have the shortest lifespans as their flight pattern puts too much pressure on the heart. Fast wings are exactly as the name suggests, they're made for quick and high speed flight. Similar to a hummingbird, these wings flap constantly unless soaring above land. They can be either bright or dull in color and tend to be striped or marked with white. These wings are considered rare and undesirable as they lead to health problems.

lee artist he/him + adult
    ► I've been an active user on
    CS through a good number of
    years, but nowadays I tend to
    keep to myself and check in
    when I have the time. I'll be on
    artfight this year
    -- team vampire!!

mods made me remove my links lmao / credit

P0CKETKNIFE

My pets
My items