Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Protect the eggs! by King of Crows

Artist King of Crows [gallery]
Time spent 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Protect the eggs!

Postby King of Crows » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:36 pm

Work in progress, haha

He protects the eggies
Reality is subjective.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Protect the eggs!

Postby metonymy » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:37 pm

i must admit i rarely pay much attention to developing species, but these are quite intriguing! even if i recklessly break all and sundry biological rules whenever i'm punting together something critter-like, i appreciate how it shows (both in your drawing, and your comments in another drawing thread for the same species) that you are putting careful effort and thought into what this creature would realistically be and live like. this is wonderfully aided by your art style, which rather gracefully holds back just a tad from full photorealism in order to stretch just enough to make such fantastic creatures wholly believable. i'm looking forward to seeing more of these around, and progress on this and other pieces as well!
All gifs are from Bjork music videos, and rotate
oekaki - ff.n - 8tracks - ☧ - intj - she/her pronouns please
-
I suffer from depression, generalized anxiety disorder, and chronic pain.
If you need to come talk and get some peer support, my inbox is always open.
metonymy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Protect the eggs!

Postby King of Crows » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:09 am

metonymy wrote:i must admit i rarely pay much attention to developing species, but these are quite intriguing! even if i recklessly break all and sundry biological rules whenever i'm punting together something critter-like, i appreciate how it shows (both in your drawing, and your comments in another drawing thread for the same species) that you are putting careful effort and thought into what this creature would realistically be and live like. this is wonderfully aided by your art style, which rather gracefully holds back just a tad from full photorealism in order to stretch just enough to make such fantastic creatures wholly believable. i'm looking forward to seeing more of these around, and progress on this and other pieces as well!

Wow, what wonderful things to say! Thank you very much, I truly appreciate your kind words.

Of course I accidentally hit "color" instead of "edit," so I did finish this piece, it's just as a colored-in version instead.
Reality is subjective.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me