Artist King of Crows [gallery]
Time spent 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Meow

Postby King of Crows » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:22 pm

Not my best job, sorry.

Anyways, here is what I noticed:

Cats have short "thighs", the knee and elbow line up horizontally, and these both stop around the belly line. Cats have relatively long bodies and short legs (when compared to other creatures). They are compact but not condensed, if ya get me. They have very slender necks, the "bump" in the neck you see is the shoulder, however in this pose the other shoulder is back, so it would not show up. I am actually very pleased about your shoulder placement, so good job on that!

Your eyes and overall facial structure is pretty good, but keep in mind that cats have very round eyes, no flatness on top. Cats have very large "fangs" (canines), and to account for that they have large chins, so keep that in mind!

Oriental cats have narrow "diamond" shaped heads, it helps to actually draw out a diamond, and then refine the details (see the blue sketch). They also have long, broad noses, not as short as most cats.

My biggest tip in drawing specific breeds is to look at the breed, find the big points (long and skinny build, big eyes and ears, long nose) and then exaggerate that in your drawing.

I'll try to refine the red line later, but I hope this helps for now!
Reality is subjective.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Meow

Postby spiniferal » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:56 pm

mark