Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

We're all mad here... by answrs

Artist answrs [gallery]
Time spent 21 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

We're all mad here...

Postby answrs » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:41 pm

Hello! This is my character Mad, based off the cheshire cat of Alice in Wonderland. My tablet really hates the program for the Oekaki, so the lines are a little sketchier than I like them to be. Still, I think it turned out well enough. c: (I guess I'll know if this gets moved to beginner, though I hope not)

ALSO:
If someone could help - I'm using a watercolor-brush for the backgrounds, but they keep blending in the purples/oranges that are in other layers. Is there any way to stop them from doing that? I'd rather not have purple bushes. lP
After 11 years of seeking, I finally obtained my all-time dream on October 1, 2020 ;w;

answrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: We're all mad here...

Postby -Stormy- » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:53 pm

Well, what I do is I get the layer that I'm drawing for the background (the bushes) and I move them to the layer under my main drawing (the cat). You can move the layers only down(that's all it does for me, it may be different for you) And I move it with my mouse or tablet by clicking on the layer and dragging it down. I don't use watercolor but I hope what I'm telling you is correct lol. I hope this helps!
I'm a christian and proud of it!!

My username used to be Bdavi. It's been awhile since I've posted any new art here, as I've been quite busy with my own little traditional art world, which I love deeply. But I'm sure I'll post on here again.
~Much Love~
-Stormy-
-Stormy-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Stormy- » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:53 pm

And also this is amazing! :D

My username used to be Bdavi. It's been awhile since I've posted any new art here, as I've been quite busy with my own little traditional art world, which I love deeply. But I'm sure I'll post on here again.
~Much Love~
-Stormy-
-Stormy-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby answrs » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:59 pm

bdavi wrote:Well, what I do is I get the layer that I'm drawing for the background (the bushes) and I move them to the layer under my main drawing (the cat). You can move the layers only down(that's all it does for me, it may be different for you) And I move it with my mouse or tablet by clicking on the layer and dragging it down. I don't use watercolor but I hope what I'm telling you is correct lol. I hope this helps!

That's what I was doing, actually. XD
It must just be the way the watercolors are coded. Maybe I should try using the pen/spraypaint then.

And thank you! c:
After 11 years of seeking, I finally obtained my all-time dream on October 1, 2020 ;w;

answrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Stormy- » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:03 pm

That's what I do. I have never really felt comfortable with watercolors.... ;) And you're welcome! :D

~Much Love~
-Stormy-
-Stormy-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby answrs » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:18 pm

I just like the soft look they give, which is why I use them for backgrounds. I guess I need to experiment more with ways to do them.

answrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me