The Dream Eater

"The Dream Eater" by Fiorre

Dressup entry

The Dream Eater

Postby Fiorre » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:03 pm

It was a dark night in the Forest of Lost Dreams. The fog was so thick that it was difficult to see the next 5 feet ahead of you. Squeaks of nearby bats were the only sign of life in this forest, but that was not why this was called the Forest of Lost dreams. There had been legend of a horrible creature who fed on the dreams of good creatures, taking them in and stealing them. The dreams were consumed and then their remnants were released into the forest, manifesting in odd configurations. These lost dreams joined in attempts to find themselves. Their attempts were all futile, for once consumed by the dreaded Dream Eater, there was no return to their former, dream state. They were broken dreams, lost forever in search of the story they were meant to be.

Often times these lost dreams became nightmarish creatures, terrorizing all that they came across. Remnants of good dreams had lost their purpose and were left to wander through the trees, wailing in distress. Their wails did not affect the silence of the forest, but instead transformed into the dreaded fog was surrounded it. The lost dreams were gradually venturing further and further from the Forest of Lost Dreams in search of their purpose. Creatures all around had begun to move farther and farther away. No one wanted to confront these broken pieces of forgotten memories and nightmares. There was however, one that did not shy away from horrid monstrosities.

Having grown up accustomed to the terrors of broken dreams, a cat by the name of Soot had seen the damage they could cause. Animals all around were afraid to sleep in fear that their dreams would be consumed. It was impossible to sleep, impossible to relax, and most importantly, impossible to continue living a life where your dreams were broken. The Dream Eater did not only eat the dreams from sleeping creatures, but for every dream it ate, it took away a wish, a desire, and a purpose that had originally belonged to that creature. Soot had a dream, and she was not going to lose it to the Dream Eater. She continuously traveled around the lands, searching for a place or an item that could keep her dreams and wishes safe.

It was on a dark night that Soot had found a small shop to rest in. The town was friendly, the creatures there were kind, and it seemed untouched by darkness. The shop was filled with antiques and various items from distant lands. A certain warmth was present among them, especially the dreamcatchers hanging everywhere in sight. They seemed to dance to an invisible beat as Soot lay there underneath them. When she had finally begun to relax, the town grew silent and the howling of the Dream Eater was heard. Immediately, the black cat sprang to her paws, bristling with anticipation. She could hear the wails of dreams being stolen and sent to the horrid place where they would be lost forever. Without a moment's hesitation, she grabbed the closest thing to her, a dream catcher, and waited. A cold pit formed in her stomach as she saw the dark creature passing through the shop's door and heading towards her. Its dark, yellow eyes pierced her soul, making her want to disappear from her body and hide somewhere. She was immobilized with fear as the Dream Eater drifted towards her, slowly, carefully, precisely.

As the creature slowly approached Soot, its shadow brushed against the dream-catcher clamped against her jaw. Darkness was swept inside it and an ear-splitting wail erupted from the Dream Eater as it ran away, leaving behind a smokey path. Soot then realized that the dream-catcher was glowing a dark purple color, similar to the Dream Eater. Maybe the Dream Eater could be defeated with the help of the right tool.

Months passed after Soot began her search for the Forest of Lost Dreams. Mountains, oceans, and deserts had been overcome in her mission to defeat this horrid monster. The time came where she came across the broken dreams found in the forest. An oddly configured dream approached her in the form of pajamas and a dog mask. Although she certainly had the desire to question this, it was dismissed as normal. Upon finding a friend, the broken pajama dream followed Soot through the forest, casting small dark bubbles into the air every so often as it breathed. A dark manifestation of consolidated wails could be heard amongst the fog, the sickening, drawn out "Noooooooo" seemed to ring throughout Soot's ears, only a warning of the battle that was soon to come.
Last edited by Fiorre on Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fiorre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Dark Dreamcatcher

Postby Infinitesimal » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:04 pm

Awesome
Infinitesimal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Dark Dreamcatcher

Postby Fiorre » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:06 pm

Fiorre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Dream Eater

Postby Cocotett » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:49 pm

Looks great! :D
I am a holibomber![/color]

I have gifted 8 people.
I have received 5 gifts.[/b][/left]

url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2760754]Image[/url]
Cocotett

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiorre » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:26 pm

Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it.
Fiorre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birdsie » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:14 am

The story is wicked cool. c:
Birdsie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiorre » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:18 pm

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it.

Last bumped by Fiorre on Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:18 pm.
Fiorre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me