My Entry- by Blumoonwolf

Based on Click to view
Artist Blumoonwolf [gallery]
Time spent 31 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

My Entry-

Postby Blumoonwolf » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:16 am

Ahahaha, this is just a res so I can get all my info down/code it.
Tuesday's gonna help me out with the design, I imagine she'll post it later <3.

Username;;
Blumoonwolf
Lionesses Name;;
Aleris (A-lahr-is)
Gender;;
Female
Element;;
Dreams
Rank;;
Warrior; Distractor

Whooo, I made this design myself, hence why it looks stupendously ridiculous but I still love her, XD.
Last edited by Blumoonwolf on Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    I hope you have a lovely day/night <3
Blumoonwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Nightmare

Postby Blumoonwolf » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:25 am

No posting please <3

The Nightmare;;
I relived it all.
All over again.
The others had it easier, reawakening without the faintest memory of our previous lives, without the nightmare I was chosen to keep, regardless of my preference, I was chosen to hold this horrible reminder and act upon it. Hopefully for the better.
--
I remember our land was in chaos, lions left and right fighting and falling in battle while we were locked away, out of sight.
I had seen many ways the war would end, but the one I both wished for and hated was close to coming- a new ruler.
I recalled families being torn apart, my own included.
I wanted peace, for the bloodshed to stop, for everything to become still and safe. But that would mean for us to come out into the open, to face the others and their hate, for our lack of help in the war one way or another. For while their families, siblings, mothers, and fathers fell in battle, we sat idle. Every turn and choice we made affected the future, but almost always it appeared to be the wrong choice. Over and over again, like moths to a flame. Some of us knew, others couldn’t or refused to see, but we were helpless; so we flew into the fire.
--
But then the worst memory came, in the form of a tattered dream. A nightmare.
All I saw were the worst moments of the dark night. though I saw myself laying down but I could feel as if I really were laying on the cold stone, tucked away and somewhat oblivious to what was going to happen. I couldn’t move or say anything; this was a dream, yet it was also the past, nothing I could do would change it. The terror of that night seeped into me, pushing away any sort of rational thought as my heart raced.
I saw a paw, flash high and quick into the air, and then slam down. The cave grew quieter, there was no more rustling, no more quiet mutterings. Just cold horror, sweeping into each of our hearts as we realized what was happening in our half-awake state. We had no time to prepare, to argue. Just his paw, coming down and ending a life, without sound. This happened almost a dozen times before it was my turn. My next blink and I was back into my own body, staring into the face of my murderer.
I wasn’t going down without letting him know though. I couldn’t, this was for my family.
At least you do your own filthy work.” I spat.
The shadowy form creeped closer, but I could sense his smile before I could see it.
Oh, oh, Aleris… you and the others, you served your purpose. And you lost me the war, this is all your fault, really.” He was coming closer, taunting me as his tail swished back and forth lazily, peacefully. This was nothing more than a game to him. Our lives nothing more than the dirt beneath his paws.
Our-” His paw cut me off, knocking my head to the ground, just like it had so many times before. Just because me and my sisters worked for him did not mean we were above his punishments.
My turn to speak, little one. Since you are awake for the lesson, anyhow.” My eyes drifted to the limp bodies of my friends, my sisters, my family as he spoke, and I choked on a sob. He watched my struggle with an interested glint in his eye.
I cannot, and will not lose this war.” He snarled. “This is my turn and my move. I can’t let you get into the wrong paws.
You made a mistake.” I spoke, low and soft.
"I know you know what I know." He growled. "And that is that I do not make mistakes."
I always knew you would lose the war. In fact, we all did.” I narrowed my eyes in victory as I spoke. We were not his pawns. “That had been set in stone since the beginning.
He paused, possibly remembering everything we had done for him… or as I was telling him now, the things we could’ve done. Everything we told him was only a partial truth. His face morphed from a taunting sneer of victory into the cold face of anger. I slipped away from his grasp now, half of my face burning from the pain of being held down.
Stupid girl.” he growled, lifting his paw for what I knew to be the final strike.
I won’t run away. But I will let you know…” I came face to face with him.
We were never yours.
Blumoonwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Awakening

Postby Blumoonwolf » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:33 am

Awakening-
I shot to my paws, heart pumping but head spinning, I wanted to sit down, to just lay back down and fall asleep, but the nightmare was fresh in my mind, and I had to pass it along.
Pass it along? ...and then it dawns on me. I was no longer in the painful abyss of memories, but in a world.
I’m alive, I’m here. I’m not sure how, and not sure why.
I don’t know where here is, exactly, but it looks strikingly familiar.
"W-where am I? Where are they?" Panic tore at me. My family, my family, where were they? They had to be here to, didn't they? I wouldn't be left alone again, right?
"It's okay, you're safe and welcome here." The voice was kind and gentle, but voices and lions alike could be deceiving. "You're the last to awake."
"The last to awake?" I repeated, the words took a minute to process in my current state. "Does that mean-"
But before I can think, words part from my lips.
I n-need to see your l-leader. It’s important.” My voice was quiet and raspy, and my heart still pumping with fear. I need to tell my story.
--
After I say what I need to say, paraded around from member to member of this strange group of lions, I am allowed a moment to finally take in my surroundings. And indeed that's all I can do. Everything thus far has been a confusing mess, and I can't wrap my mind around it. Apparently, neither can almost anyone else. This world...The stars in the sky.. I haven’t seen their light for over a thousand years, but they shine just as beautifully as before.
I wanted to explore this old world- but I knew I needed to do something first.
--
I suppose it hadn’t been long since I finished telling my story- our story, because when I came back to where I had awoken, the others had gathered, more awake than before and talking curiously to members of the pride, but they were all there, like we had all been together years and years ago.
Slowly I padded to the closest lioness, heart pumping with anxiety. “D-do you know why we’re here?” I asked.
I knew her, I was sure. Though when I spoke I saw no flicker of recognition. I got a silent headshake in reply as another lion approached with questions for her, leaving me standing on the side.
My head was spinning, this was too much for me to handle at the moment. Quietly I sat down, closing my eyes and my mind to the hustle around me as lions were introduced and led away.
This was my home planet, and yet.. It wasn’t. It had changed much in the years I was gone.
When the noise around me started to fade, I slowly opened my eyes and looked at the ground, a blade of a grass between my paws. It seemed to reflect the stars above without really reflecting them… it was beautiful and odd and helped focus my thoughts.
Was the grass like this before? I struggled to remember but all I came away with was a blank space. I couldn’t remember.
Agitated, I rose to my paws, only to see another face staring at me, emotionless. Maybe there was emotion there, and I was too tired to see it. It was a look of lost perhaps, maybe a look of regret or pity. In a way, that hidden emotion, if there was one, reflected my own feelings just like that blade of grass reflected the stars…
I still have yet to meet that lion.

Personality-
Quiet-Passionate-Loyal-Stubborn-Isolated-Anxious

Aleris is a quiet but passionate lion for sure.
After being given another chance to make up for her mistakes, she’s less rash than she was before, more thoughtful and more anxious. She finds it hard to approach others, especially if it’s contributing an idea, because she’s afraid of the reactions she could get, whether it’s positive or negative in nature. Before she had died, she had spent most of her life in a certain area of the planet, never being given the chance to explore much of her world or others beyond. Because of that, she’s practically a cub as far as knowledge goes, and she’s constantly struggling to keep up with the others. However she keeps up that struggle, as she’s proud of what the pride has done in the time she was in her ‘dream state’ and she feels the need to try to help in any way she can. Because she’s quiet, lions often need to approach her first for something, whether it be help or a possible friendship. And because it’s others who usually have to take the first step, she doesn’t have too many close, close friends. She’ll make sure to always take the extra step for a friend after, though.
Aleris is an isolated lion, though.
She has quite a different history than many, and her element has barely been touched on.. But there’s more than that. She awoke with the knowledge that had mostly faded away over the centuries. And though that’s very little, because of it, she’s already different from the other dream element lionesses, ones that she used to rely on. Now she’s not only a stranger to the pride, but to old close friends. It’s hard for her to think about.
Two other things happen because of her isolation- anxiety from being in basically a whole new world, and her stubbornness from the time before that stayed with her. She’s slowly learning that because she only voices her opinion at the hardest of times, others take her for brave because of that, though she disagrees that she’s brave, using her anxiety as proof, but others know better.

Element-
Aleris has the element of dreams- but you already knew that.
The lions around her when sleeping have noticed as well- the increase of better and more frequent dreams since the lionesses had arrived.
So what makes her different than all the other lionesses capable of using dreams? Maybe it’s the slivers of dreams that slowly wrap around her paws as she walks, carrying with her both the weight and the knowledge about the dreams of others around her, something sacred to Aleris.
(Prophetic Omens- Aleris (and most likely the others) are prone to recieving omens or visions of the future. She’s also adept at deciphering the dreams of others, and others around are likely to dream while around her..)
(Healing Visions- With a gentle tap of her paw and focus, Aleris can heal another emotionally, giving a warm dream to both calm and focus another. This puts the lion to sleep, temporarily dissolving any pain from wounds.)
(Linking Dreams- The wisps of dreams around her paws can take the shape of someone’s dreams if she focuses on them in particular. She can feel their emotions as she links, and the other lion can feel her current emotions, but cannot see her dreams. The target doesn’t need to be asleep for her to do this.)
(Fading Shadows- She can create the forms (or silhouette) of the nightmares of enemies, which can distract them for only a short period of time. The fears cannot hurt or damage the enemy, but can disorientate them and unnerve them. She dislikes doing this though, because more often than not she creates another’s greatest fear unintentionally.)
(Dream Walker- The name is pretty straightforward, she can walk amongst another’s dream. She can change it to some degree, but to have someone notice her presence in a dream will agitate the dreamer, possibly waking them up.)
(Dream Weaver- Aleris can also weave dreams for others, creating one personally for them in the night. The target can’t know that this was a gift unless Aleris vocally tells them, but really on a peaceful night this is her gift to others. This however is moderately draining for her but leaves her only slightly sleepy and happy in the morning.
Last edited by Blumoonwolf on Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blumoonwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Another Dream

Postby Blumoonwolf » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:50 pm

Another Dream-
The stormy skies above rumbled, the thunder sounding like a lion’s roar as rain pelted down on us.
What should we do?” Eon’s roar could barely be heard over all the chaos that surrounded us. I was leading this group of lions, into what seemed to be the belly of the storm.
We need to get to cover!” I shouted. At this point we were sloshing through the water. I had no idea what planet we were on, but the climate was deadly.
Spotting a cliff overhang that led to a cave, I flared open my wings, to draw the group’s attention to me in the blinding weather.
This way!” I roared.
Leading the others to our destination was no easy task as the weather bombarded us. Twice with different warriors they slipped, and I had to turn around to help them up.
Eon’s face was a mask that I couldn’t read as we pushed forward, and again and again I saw him look up at the sky, as if searching for something.
--
Finally though we made it, everyone looking lost and exhausted.
J-just rest. Everyone. That’s an order. We can plan in the morning.” Even a few feet away from the entrance and my paws were soaking in a puddle. We wouldn't be able to camp here for more than a day if the storm kept raging. Standing up to back away, I heard Eon approach.
Didn’t you hear me?” I asked, and though the words were rough, I was gentle in tone. “You and everyone else need to rest.” I flicked my tail towards the sopping warriors, each looking exhausted.
He looked discontent though as he stopped to sit next to me.
What?” I asked, concerned. I knew my old friend was in turmoil.
He sighed without answer, and a long minute passed before he finally spoke, “Can you use your element? It’d be easier than me explaining it.” Nodding, I quietly stared at the storm outside, clearing my mind and drawing on my power.
Another moment passed before the dreams circling my paws began to take form. A shadowy figure, a lion defending cubs from a large hawk looking for prey. I could hear the bird’s screeches as if I was in his dream. As I connected though his current feelings started to wash over me.. Regret, uncertainty, and a fierce bond to what I could only assume was his family.
I don’t understand it.” He spoke finally. “I’m worried that it’s about my family being in danger, but there’s no birds like that on our planet. What if we don’t get home right away?
Hey, I don’t think it’s like that.” I spoke softly. But before I continued, he interjected. “And I felt your feelings too.
I stilled as he spoke. As a leader, I was to give my group hope, not to fill them with my uncertainty and anxiety.
You’re conflicted. And upset about something.” He met my eyes as he spoke.
Maybe.” I replied stubbornly, but I knew how my own element worked, and I couldn’t outright deny it. “But about your dream… I think it’s an omen. If that’s the case, we’ll have to watch it play out. But you need to stay focused, we will get back.” It was strange, but I almost felt comfortable and focused leading.
He nodded, and some of the storms in his eyes settled.
Alright.
--
Every dream is always an experience for me.
I, like most, cannot recall everything, but I do remember more than most when I dream. They’re more vivid to me, but some are hazy… it’s almost funny how I control the element of dreams, but still don’t even know a quarter about my element. It’s always the case of making up rules and then new ones as you make new discoveries. Usually I can make some degree of sense out of them though.
Some elements of this dream didn't add up though. I wasn’t a leader of a group, and certainly not one of warriors. I couldn't possibly know what to do or what to say.
And I didn’t know a lion named Eon.
Blumoonwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Extra Info

Postby Blumoonwolf » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:07 pm

Likes-
Puzzles//Useful when dealing with the confusion of dreams and other lions alike.
Star Gazing//This entrances her- there isn’t a night that she doesn’t look up at the stars...
Cool Colors//Purples, blues and greens are her favorite color for sure, known for calming personality colors.
Heavy Storms//She finds both beauty and destruction within storms, so naturally she’s drawn to the chaos they produce.

Dislikes-
Cloudy Days//These unnerve her, she always wants to see the sky.
Hypocrisy//It baffles Aleris that a lion could be nagging another over something they do themselves, it honestly seems like the rudest thing one could do.
Tight Spaces//After being forced into tight quarters with the other lionesses, this had grown to not only a dislike, but a fear.
Short Answers//When asking a question, Aleris likes details. This goes for stories too, I imagine most would after returning to a world 3,000 years later. Everything is new and old at the same time.
Attention//Aleris hates being in the center of attention. Yet because she is both a stranger and does not speak much, others value her words when she does talk.

Quirks-
*Aleris often flicks her tail unknowingly, when she becomes more anxious the tail flicking becomes more frequent as well.
*She offhandedly makes poetic similes quite often.

Design Quirks-
*She has heterochromia (as long as Starry's okay with it!) which means she has two different colored eyes. Her left eye is purple and her right eye is blue.
*She has wings- which was uncommon/rare when she lived in her past life
*The purple symbols that circle her paws are dreams, when she wants to they can take the form of another's dream, or with a touch of her paw put another to sleep.

That's pretty much it, since I'm a really bad artist, XD
Artist revamp if I win her? That would be a dream.
Pun.
Blumoonwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Relationships

Postby Blumoonwolf » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:37 pm

Relationships;;

Aeyris-
--Friend--
She’s quite wise for a cub.
She connected me to my family in those early days, pushing me to reconnect to my sisters, though I was fearful to. Any relationship I have is pretty much in debt to her.
“I’m lost.”
“I know that feeling well.”

Yvaine (3)-
--Close Friend--
Yvaine was the first lioness I met in a dream that had the element of exactly that- dreams.
She was in a nightmare, one that was familiar to myself- I couldn't control myself or my emotions, I ended the dream before the worst part happened, one I could recall not as a dream, but as a nightmarish memory. I love Yvaine like a sister, she's helped me so much since I first awoke.

Caligo/Arcanus (4)- Have to ask
Shaylee (5)- Have to ask
Nisanyafia (6)- Have to ask
Lunaria (8)- Have to ask
Lokaste (9)- Have to ask
Somina (11)- Have to ask
Blumoonwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Conclusion

Postby Blumoonwolf » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:58 pm

Spare Thoughts-
When I finally came into the cave for the night, I was agitated.
All day had been a confusing whirl of information and I hadn’t gotten the time to process it all.
Right now, I needed to sleep and just wash off everything I was thinking about.
So of course I ended up in a dream.
--
This time the setting was all too familiar- a dark cave, a quiet night. Though this time the details were different. Not just a cave, but an endless expanse of darkness. I remembered too much, shuddering I continued forward silently. Whoever was dreaming, and I had a fairly decent idea, I did not want to disturb.
It was after a few moments that I saw her, Yvaine, padding through the nightmare land, looking as if she were searching for something, but still on edge.
Then he entered, a shadowy form come to do a horrible task.
His paws hit the ground with a crunch, crunch, quiet but all the same screaming to me and Yvaine in the same tune.
Run.
I shook, this was awful.
I refused to see it another time.. And drawing on my power, I ended the dream in blackness.
--
When I blinked open my eyes it was roughly the same time as I had laid down. But this time it was different, Yvaine was staring at me.
I put on a face of mock confusion, but I could understand what she was trying to tell me with her eyes; outside.
Sighing I stood up, quietly stepping over others to reach the entrance, and when I looked back I saw a lion roll onto my warm spot. Figures.
When we had both reached the entrance, without words we walked side by side down the rocky slope onto the grass plains.
Why do you think the grass looks like this?” She asked, and I flicked my tail in thought.
I don’t know.” I finally answered. And after a moment of silence, “Why that dream?
‘Why that dream’?” She repeated, her tone growing hard. “You think I want to dream that?” She asked.
I stayed silent, I knew she would speak in her own time.
I figured.. Maybe I could remember more…” She drifted off hesitantly.
By reliving it? This is not something you want to remember.” I spoke.
You don’t understand.” She shuffled her paws as she tried to search for the right words. “To awake with no memory of who you are…”
I struggle myself. But if you want answers…” I lifted my gaze to the stars. “Then this is not the way to go.
This seemed to quiet her, and she stopped fidgeting.
Have you really talked to the others?” She asked once more, her eyes on the skies above.
I haven’t really had the time. I’m almost axious to.
Why?
I remember all of you as family, it’s just a instinct, heart feeling. And now… I don’t really know you or you me.” We’re the same as before, and yet different.
"I understand."

My Final Words-
Heya!
Ahh, I had a lovely time creating Aleris's personality, I feel like I could really connect to her, and I'm proud of what I wrote, even if it's poor quality writing.
Even if I don't win her, Aleris is a character I know personally, and I love that.
Whoops, there goes inspiring speech, down, down the drain.
Anyways, I wish everyone else luck, because what I've seen so far is amazing.
Thank you for this experience Starry, if nothing else c:
~Blu
Blumoonwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me