DoD No.1 | Open [extended again] by King of Crows

Based on Click to view
Artist King of Crows [gallery]
Time spent 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

DoD No.1 | Open [extended again]

Postby King of Crows » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:31 am

This is the very first DoD Nocturnis to be put up for adoption! This lovely Noc is based on a Northern Saw-Whet owl. To apply for this beauty you will need to write out a story about their first time hunting. Keep in mind they would not be fully-grown yet, so the most likely prey species would be rabbits, hares, etc.

Writing should be spell-checked and grammatically correct. Judging will be done based on how engaging the writing is, and how well the characterization is done. Please fill out the below form to apply.

Oh, and for reference this is a Fire Nocturnis!

Prettying up is fine, but no extras, please.

End Date: September 12th October 1st November 20th

Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Sex:[/b]
    [b]Pronoun:[/b]
    [b]Story:[/b]
Last edited by King of Crows on Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DoD No.1 | Open

Postby Cooluser1615 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:40 am

Marking.
Cooluser1615

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DraconisSumeris » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:43 am

mark owo
DraconisSumeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bunny!! » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:07 am

Username:
Name:
Sex:
Pronoun:
Story:

Res X3
Bunny!!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Feather Rose~ » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:40 pm

Username:~Feather Rose~
Name:
Sex:
Pronoun:
Story:

Res ^•^
Last edited by ~Feather Rose~ on Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please don't tell me why I'm wrong about something.

Tell me why you're right about it.

I Believe In (And Practice) Magick
WARNING: BEWARE RABID FANGIRL

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3149625
^^My Homestuck RP, please feel free to join ^.^
~Feather Rose~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cardinal. » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:30 pm

Username: Cardinal.
Name: Yuna
Sex: Male
Pronoun: He/Him/They/Them
First Hunt

Yuna emerged from the nest a sprite young dragon, bright eyes scanning the horizon for many months, learning the layout of the area around him. Although, the sight of his parents hovering over The horizon was definitely a sight to behold. Yuna enjoyed watching them and all their grace as they hunted nearby. Generally, Yuna would be following close behind and watching intently. Even if his clumsy antics got in the way. Although, the gentle breeze was enough for him to stretch and cool the underneath of his wings, the young and nearly fully fledged dragon cooing with excitement. Shifting in his place, a shadow flew low over head, the familiar scent of his mother filled his nostrils and a shrill call echoed from his feathered chest. In the excitement, Yuna knocked a few of the nests twigs off as his wings flapped and his claws clung to the nest, snapping several of the materials in the process. However, his own feeling was met with disappointment. His mother had not brought back food for him to share and eat. Instead, he was met with a live hare. It squirmed and called in his mothers grasp as she hovered. Yuna didn't quite know what to make of this new creature. He had seen many dead and some what eaten but never fully furred and alive. Tilting his head, Yuna hopped about in his place, the rabbit stilling, eyes wide in fear. Confused with his mothers intentions, his gaze lifted to give a confused tilt of his head. A gentle call from the large figure meant for him to follow her confused him further. Yuna followed diligently none the less. Beating his wing rhythmically before taking a leap of faith from the nest and falling a short way before catching the wind underneath his wings and following his mothers disappearing form.

Gazing over the landscape, the trees danced and the grass waved as he flew high above them. His mind wandering from his mother. The mountains could be seen to the east of their location, the snow tipped peaks practically glowing as the sun brightened the world they lived in. Below he could see the panicked forms of deer rush back into the thick forest, as alarm calls continued to echo through the evergreen firs. Yuna shrieked with anticipation, his wing beats slowing temporarily before increasing his speed to catch up with his mother. In the distance, Yuna spotted his father looming over the forest, before diving down and landing. Dust flying up as he did so. Beating his wings harder, little Yuna landed clumsily, losing his balance for a short time before finally regaining it. Walking slowly and unnaturally towards his fathers figure, Yuna greeted him with a soft coo before lifting his feathers in contentment.

W.I.P
Last edited by Cardinal. on Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cardinal.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King of Crows » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:00 am

Bump.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magpiemochi. » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:44 am

Username:
Name:
Sex:
Pronoun:
Story:

reserve

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
magpie / she/her / adult
ImageImage Image Image
pfp & sig art by me
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King of Crows » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:52 am

I am extending the finish date due to lack of complete entries. It will now go on until October 1st!
Reality is subjective.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DoD No.1 | Open [extended]

Postby .Survivor. » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:53 am

Username: .Survivor.
Name: Tawny
Sex: male
Pronoun: He/him
Story:

Shadows dance across the forest as they seem to come alive with the dusky, sinking, dying sun as it fell slowly, oh so slowly behind the mountain range that surrounded this patch of paradise. As the invisible miestro named Time raises his ghostly baton, signaling the night chorus to appear in their places, a small, almost unnoticable cue is waived. The crickets begin their chirping, followed by a crescendo of fireflies dancing to a tango of their own minds as tree frogs croak out the bass line in the trees. Loons and owls sing their haunting song as bats begin to flutter from within their caves.

A silent stirring of feathers, fur and claws as a majestic beast awakens to the night. Golden, almost glowing eyes reflect the last shred of sunlit rays as he fully awakens. Massive wings move silently as he turns and shifts on his perch, tail swaying slightly to the beat of the Nocturne which was called life. The ancient dragon-like owl let out his own, mournful call as he remembered that he was alone. His parents killed, unmercifully as they made sure that he lived on. He knew he was still young, barely a flier at that, but that cruel being called fate had thrown his young life into disarray. A grumbling snapped him from his memories and scolding of the unfair being as he finished preening his flight feathers for the hunt. He had missed the day as he would have usually hunted with the light, but he had flown as hard as he could during the fleeting hours of the night, away from fate, away from his dying parents, away from everything he knew. He had finally settled here, a unknown, but safe place and rested through the day.

The great tawny beast stretched out his wings, testing them in the cooling air as he gave a single flap and raised his body in the air. He was still young. He knew this as he scanned the forest, looking for prey. He needed to eat. His sharp, golden eyes looked this way and that as he patrolled his new territory. His keen hearing caught the faintest trace of the sound a rabbit makes as it hops through the leaf barren ground, late for its mistress at its burrow but lagging because it knew it would get scolded for coming home after sunset. The rabbit meagered along from Bush to bush, so confident in its keen hearing and sense of smell to alert it to danger, that it had become a bit too bold as he stopped at a berry Bush for a late night snack.

The wind in His favor, The great beast locked onto the rabbit and watched every move until he saw a chance. The rabbits guard was down and he took it. Silence was what one heard as the wind glided between the tawny feathers and sharp talons as the great bird glided down, long tail balancing the outstretched claws as The sharp, life taking talons met their intended target with nothing more than a slight crunch as they gave the rabbit a quick death.

The bird knew there was no match for him here in strength as The biggest things here were rabbits. He knew. He was safe. And as the Nocturne of life rang in the trees, and the fireflies continued to dance their silent tango, the young bird feasted on his catch, a trophy defying fate. His first hunt had gone smoothly and without harm to him. He could make it. He would live another day. He would defy that monster called Fate.

*note*
A nocturne (from the French which meant nocturnal, from Latin nocturnus) is usually a musical composition that is inspired by, or evocative of, the night.
Last edited by .Survivor. on Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:12 am, edited 6 times in total.
do you suffer from panic or anxiety attacks? Come see the plushies I sell
Come join this discord warrior cat RP! We are having a contest!

I do get on occasionally.
xxxxxxSurvivorxxxxxx
I have had to take a couple years off of CS due to real life things. But im slowly getting back here now.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ImageImage
I was beaten, bruised, abused, and yet I survived. I spoke up. Let others hear your voice. Fight. Be a warrior. Be a SURVIVOR.Image
Image no one understands what Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is. Unless you have it yourself.
Please, be aware that not all wounds are visible.Image
[/left]
.Survivor.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me