Leafie #83 - Winner by Balmino

Based on Click to view
Artist Balmino [gallery]
Time spent 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Leafie #83 - Winner

Postby Balmino » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:09 pm

This guy's tail reminds me of a space dimension... Perhaps this guy is from an alternate planet or maybe he's a real big space lover!
To win him, write a story which involves this Leafie and space!

There is no skeleton form, but remember that you'll need to include:
~ Name
~ Gender
~ Story (max. 450 words)

You may also have 3 extras which are optional.
Good luck!
Ends - 20th August

hyperthymesia. wrote:
→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→

Username
• hyperthymesia. •

Elyurias Vulcan • Male • He/They
Elyurias Vulcan is a fascinating name given to an equally fascinating Leafie. His name is actually very interesting on it's own: Elyurias is a made-up name used in the anime No.6 - it was a god that the Forest Folk worshipped. In this case, I think that the name is perfect for him because of it's interesting sound - you really have to wrap your tongue around the word, though I find that quite easy. It's pronounced somewhat like: 'eri-yoo-yeh-ras', but that's the closest I can get to what it sounds like via typing.

'Vulcan', on the other hand, is a hypothetical planet whose existence was disproved in 1915. I wanted something beginning with a V or W for Elyurias' surname, and this seemed just the right fit! It also makes one question Elyurias' existence altogether..
Hmm, I wonder...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Personality, Tendencies and More
Elyurias - often named 'Yuri' or 'Eri' - is quite a courteous, friendly Leafie who is usually quite nurturing and enjoys spending time with others. He is gay, but that kind of homo that is really quiet about his sexuality and barely flirts with anyone (although personally I like to think that he has fallen quite hard for #85 over there) *wink wonk*, unlike the majority of his outgoing friends; specifically Kimbre, who's very over-the-top and brave. Contrary to this, Yuri is more introverted, and is very bashful - though he likes becoming friends with others, he is socially awkward: bringing attention to himself causes him to flush bright red and to look to the side in silence (and embarrassment). He's honest and loyal, and is most certainly the most observant and logical out of all of his friends - of which there aren't very many to begin with. However, he has a very possessive streak when it comes to friends, and can get jealous rather easily, specifically with crushes.
His main role is the 'Mother Hen' to his little 'sea of children', even though he is the youngest of them all. He's very neat, and likes to have everything in order - object-wise, that is - so you could say that he's quite the perfectionist, which also assigns him a lot of other roles such as cleaning the messes that his limited amount of friends make. Speaking of which - though his friend amount is rather low compared to that of others*, he values each and every one of them and supports them through the majority of the decisions they make. He's very loving and affectionate, and hugs will often cause him to blush lightly, but deepen the relationship even more.

A few tendencies of his are things such as biting his lips when he is nervous or when his anxiety plays up - which isn't often, but when someone makes a decision such as 'Let's jump off of this cliff into the water!' or someone suddenly proclaims; 'There's an unexplored cave over there!', this is a common occurrence in Yuri's life. When stressed, however, he mutters a lot - mostly it's garbled carp, but on occasion it will be him ferociously repeating physics formulas, over and over again. He's a 'Physics-Phreak' - nicknamed by the ever-loving Kimbre - and is fascinated with the Star Cycle; he has learnt the whole cycle off by heart and loves to prattle on about the cycle to anyone who is interested.
He is also prone to trying to figure out how things work - he is fascinated with physics and machines, and is always full of questions and bright, shiny eyes when he goes on exhibitions of these kinds. He has a telescope of his own, and on occasion will start taking it apart and putting it back together without realising; he claims that it's relaxing and therapeutic, anyhow, although he tends to do this to any sort of machinery that he has access to - which increases his skill in the area of being an engineer of sorts.

A fear of Yuri's is something quite trivial - bees. He is just horrified by them - their buzzing causes him to shake, their sight fledges a full-blown panic in him; their beady little eyes make his knees go weak and head go woozy - and not in a good way either. Usually he will hide behind the nearest person if a bee is so much as heard, be it a smaller, younger, taller or older one.

Now onto something light and happy - his hobbies and favourite things. Star-gazing is absolutely on the list, but he also likes having tarot-readings or tea-readings given to him: they make him feel at peace, as if he knows how to sort out his life. Which is usually quite neat, as previously mentioned. Surprisingly, another hobby of his is glassblowing - though it isn't very science-y, he likes to create little models and litter them around his house and give them to friends as gifts - when picking gifts for friends, he likes to choose something that he feels they would have a connection to: or remember him in some sort of way. Usually, he gives presents that he made himself - such as his famous glassblowing models - so that they can feel the effort and love placed into making the object. He likes to have the emotional bond to a friendship, and values this deeply above a lot of other things - friends are his sanity, his love, his family. And he likes it that way.
His fondest wish is to create a masterpiece - and right now, he claims he is working on a time machine. No one is sure as to whether he's being serious or not - he tends not to crack jokes, so whenever someone mentions it, awkward and slightly nervous laughter ensues.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Story

Click
(It's too large to post here and have a nice layout, so enjoy some images instead:)

Special Abilities and More

Now, Elyurias may not have special abilities such as vanishing in a blink of an eye or producing jelly out of thin air, but his markings do herald a spiritual sort of power. If he concentrates hard enough, he is able to lift certain objects off of wherever they are. He gets the cutest expression on his face, but his markings and leaves glow a bright neon-green and fascinate anyone around. This also happens when he is angry or jealous, so it is pretty easy to tell his moods apart, dependent on whether he is a glowing ball of fury or not.
Returning to lifting objects - he can manipulate metal with a flick of his tail, which is very helpful when he is in the process of making something new to hang in his hallway or on the stairs. He can also sense any metallic objects or elements nearby, so finding gold is very easy for him - he decided to stop doing this when he started getting blackmailed by others before he moved to his new residence where he met proper friends.

He also has excellent eye-sight and hearing, and is long-sighted - not much of a special ability, but still! - meaning that he can see planets that are even further than the human eye can see - or his telescope, but he keeps the latter for comfort. It's his 'object-best-friend'.

¬He can sense supernatural creatures, and for months has been receiving messages from an ominous, talkative ghost, who he has lovingly dubbed 'Chatta'.
¬He doesn't know this, but he was created through the swirls of outer-space meteorites, fire spirits, and a lone, ill leaf.
¬He leaves out presents for ghosts, ghouls, spirits and other supernatural beings - and is friends with almost all of them. They are very dear to him, and helped him grow to be the Leafie he is today.

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→

*personally, I have around 60 or more friends who I see a lot of. So. And I'm not even popular - we just meet at anime-cons and such!!

Congrats hyperthymesia! Elyurais is all yours! There's so much detail in your form and in your story! Enjoy!
Last edited by Balmino on Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✯My DA✯
✦I am not active on this site - messages will take a while to get back to!✦
✯My Art Shop✯
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
ImageImage
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
♥♡♥♡♥♡
♥♡♥♡
♥♡
Balmino

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Leafie #83

Postby Goostarion » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:11 pm

Amazing Leafie, Marking!
I had an idea but it just was poop.
Last edited by Goostarion on Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:17 am, edited 10 times in total.
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FluffyBirdie » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:37 am

Username: FluffyBirdie
Name: Nixo
Story:
Nixo gingerly placed a paw on the odd soft ground, carefully looking around the scene. He had been observing Earth for a while, and surprisingly, there was a species just like his, going as far as the leaves on their body and the tail and even the soul-leaf! How bizarre. He believed they were called 'Leafies', and since they looked so much like him, Nixo decided to see how this 'Earth' was like. His own planet was in no danger of destruction, but a mission to find other planets is a mission. He smiled, flicked his tail, and set off confidently. It can't be that hard to learn how this 'earth' was like, right?

Diary entry No.1 ~ Location: Earth, Milky Way ~ Time: 1890 swirls
First entry. Earth doesn't seem too bad, there's actual grass here and even dirt! Dirt everywhere! What a wonderful place! They have small things called 'trees', I believe. These 'trees' are so much smaller than ours, it doesn't even touch the sky at the absolute least. Where do they live then, if not in trees? And 100 swirls ago I met a 'Leafie'. They were not as bad as I thought, and really, our appearance was so similar I felt like I was in a parallel world. And they speak the same language! Literally, a parallel world! Their technology is not as advanced as ours though, I don't think they've been into space yet. Ah, the amazing things they could have seen....

Diary entry No.2 ~ Location: Earth, Milky Way ~ Time: 9307 swirls
Second entry. There is still so much I need to learn. So much foreign things, too! The Leafies seem surprised that I am from another galaxy, but they take it in their stride. A lot of patience, they have, too. There is 'rabbits' and 'deer' everywhere, and an amazing amount of wildlife. Pity there are no Farieaz, or Dearao. Not even a Qiue, and we all know how common they are! There is flies everywhere, though smaller than the ones back home. Seems like the pests stay, pity indeed.

Diary entry No.3 ~ Location: Earth, Milky Way ~ Time: 6038 swirls
Third entry. I declare myself officially knowing all there is to know. I wish. Did you know there's rain here? From the clouds? It only rains when there's a green or white moon, but here it's random! Bizarre! And the water is always cold when you enter. For us, we have to cool it, for them, you have to heat it...This Earth is very special indeed, I may never know all there is to know about it. Well, I'll report later, a Leafie is calling me to look at this thorn bush. Thorns! I know!

Last edited by FluffyBirdie on Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

──── ────
|| Kalons || TH ||
★★★
Selling OCs, lf art/c$!
Pixel animation shop

──── ────

click on art for credit! avatar credit
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

you are a star. i can gaze at you all day and night.

Postby ahirked » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:39 pm

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→

Username
• hyperthymesia. •

Elyurias Vulcan is a fascinating name given to an equally fascinating Leafie. His name is actually very interesting on it's own: Elyurias is a made-up name used in the anime No.6 - it was a god that the Forest Folk worshipped. In this case, I think that the name is perfect for him because of it's interesting sound - you really have to wrap your tongue around the word, though I find that quite easy. It's pronounced somewhat like: 'eri-yoo-yeh-ras', but that's the closest I can get to what it sounds like via typing.

'Vulcan', on the other hand, is a hypothetical planet whose existence was disproved in 1915. I wanted something beginning with a V or W for Elyurias' surname, and this seemed just the right fit! It also makes one question Elyurias' existence altogether..
Hmm, I wonder...

Elyurias - often named 'Yuri' or 'Eri' - is quite a courteous, friendly Leafie who is usually quite nurturing and enjoys spending time with others. He is gay, but that kind of homo that is really quiet about his sexuality and barely flirts with anyone (although personally I like to think that he has fallen quite hard for #85 over there) *wink wonk*, unlike the majority of his outgoing friends; specifically Kimbre, who's very over-the-top and brave. Contrary to this, Yuri is more introverted, and is very bashful - though he likes becoming friends with others, he is socially awkward: bringing attention to himself causes him to flush bright red and to look to the side in silence (and embarrassment). He's honest and loyal, and is most certainly the most observant and logical out of all of his friends - of which there aren't very many to begin with. However, he has a very possessive streak when it comes to friends, and can get jealous rather easily, specifically with crushes.
His main role is the 'Mother Hen' to his little 'sea of children', even though he is the youngest of them all. He's very neat, and likes to have everything in order - object-wise, that is - so you could say that he's quite the perfectionist, which also assigns him a lot of other roles such as cleaning the messes that his limited amount of friends make. Speaking of which - though his friend amount is rather low compared to that of others*, he values each and every one of them and supports them through the majority of the decisions they make. He's very loving and affectionate, and hugs will often cause him to blush lightly, but deepen the relationship even more.

A few tendencies of his are things such as biting his lips when he is nervous or when his anxiety plays up - which isn't often, but when someone makes a decision such as 'Let's jump off of this cliff into the water!' or someone suddenly proclaims; 'There's an unexplored cave over there!', this is a common occurrence in Yuri's life. When stressed, however, he mutters a lot - mostly it's garbled carp, but on occasion it will be him ferociously repeating physics formulas, over and over again. He's a 'Physics-Phreak' - nicknamed by the ever-loving Kimbre - and is fascinated with the Star Cycle; he has learnt the whole cycle off by heart and loves to prattle on about the cycle to anyone who is interested.
He is also prone to trying to figure out how things work - he is fascinated with physics and machines, and is always full of questions and bright, shiny eyes when he goes on exhibitions of these kinds. He has a telescope of his own, and on occasion will start taking it apart and putting it back together without realising; he claims that it's relaxing and therapeutic, anyhow, although he tends to do this to any sort of machinery that he has access to - which increases his skill in the area of being an engineer of sorts.

A fear of Yuri's is something quite trivial - bees. He is just horrified by them - their buzzing causes him to shake, their sight fledges a full-blown panic in him; their beady little eyes make his knees go weak and head go woozy - and not in a good way either. Usually he will hide behind the nearest person if a bee is so much as heard, be it a smaller, younger, taller or older one.

Now onto something light and happy - his hobbies and favourite things. Star-gazing is absolutely on the list, but he also likes having tarot-readings or tea-readings given to him: they make him feel at peace, as if he knows how to sort out his life. Which is usually quite neat, as previously mentioned. Surprisingly, another hobby of his is glassblowing - though it isn't very science-y, he likes to create little models and litter them around his house and give them to friends as gifts - when picking gifts for friends, he likes to choose something that he feels they would have a connection to: or remember him in some sort of way. Usually, he gives presents that he made himself - such as his famous glassblowing models - so that they can feel the effort and love placed into making the object. He likes to have the emotional bond to a friendship, and values this deeply above a lot of other things - friends are his sanity, his love, his family. And he likes it that way.
His fondest wish is to create a masterpiece - and right now, he claims he is working on a time machine. No one is sure as to whether he's being serious or not - he tends not to crack jokes, so whenever someone mentions it, awkward and slightly nervous laughter ensues.

Story

Click
(It's too large to post here and have a nice layout, so enjoy some images instead:)

Now, Elyurias may not have special abilities such as vanishing in a blink of an eye or producing jelly out of thin air, but his markings do herald a spiritual sort of power. If he concentrates hard enough, he is able to lift certain objects off of wherever they are. He gets the cutest expression on his face, but his markings and leaves glow a bright neon-green and fascinate anyone around. This also happens when he is angry or jealous, so it is pretty easy to tell his moods apart, dependent on whether he is a glowing ball of fury or not.
Returning to lifting objects - he can manipulate metal with a flick of his tail, which is very helpful when he is in the process of making something new to hang in his hallway or on the stairs. He can also sense any metallic objects or elements nearby, so finding gold is very easy for him - he decided to stop doing this when he started getting blackmailed by others before he moved to his new residence where he met proper friends.

He also has excellent eye-sight and hearing, and is long-sighted - not much of a special ability, but still! - meaning that he can see planets that are even further than the human eye can see - or his telescope, but he keeps the latter for comfort. It's his 'object-best-friend'.

¬He can sense supernatural creatures, and for months has been receiving messages from an ominous, talkative ghost, who he has lovingly dubbed 'Chatta'.
¬He doesn't know this, but he was created through the swirls of outer-space meteorites, fire spirits, and a lone, ill leaf.
¬He leaves out presents for ghosts, ghouls, spirits and other supernatural beings - and is friends with almost all of them. They are very dear to him, and helped him grow to be the Leafie he is today.

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→

*personally, I have around 60 or more friends who I see a lot of. So. And I'm not even popular - we just meet at anime-cons and such!!
Last edited by ahirked on Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:59 am, edited 9 times in total.
ahki - they/he - black trans lives matter - free palestine
art by -ewie- of my werm, Pip
ahirked

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starstruck ★ » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:08 am

Username - yukine

Name - Vagari

Name Meaning - Wander (Latin)

Gender - Female
---
╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Vagari flew through the air, flying as fast as she could possibly go. The
deafening echos of explosions fading farther and farther away as she drew
farther away from her home plant of Yamaren. The young alien clenched her
eyes shut, not daring to look back at the once beautiful planet that she had
called home for so many years. She knew that soon there would be nothing
left but dust, and being the only survivor, she knew she had to leave. She
knew she had to stay alive, and nothing was going to keep her from doing
just that, no matter how much grief and heartache she had to endure.
Vagari was going to survive. Vagari was going to find a new planet. Vagari
was going to find Earth.

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

ImageImage
┌──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┐
hi, the name's em. i'm an
art student and i use she/her pronouns.
i've been here on cs for eight years!
i love anime, fashion, and classic rock.

└──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┘

ImageImageImageImage
starstruck ★

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hyllin » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:43 pm

Mark
Hyllin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Balmino » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:04 pm

bump!
Last edited by Balmino on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
✯My DA✯
✯My Art Shop✯
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
ImageImage
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
♥♡♥♡♥♡
♥♡♥♡
♥♡
Balmino

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ahirked » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:51 pm

bump?
ahki - they/he - black trans lives matter - free palestine
art by -ewie- of my werm, Pip
ahirked

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: you are a star. i can gaze at you all day and night.

Postby Balmino » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:15 pm

hyperthymesia. wrote:
→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→

Username
• hyperthymesia. •

Hmm, I wonder...

Story

Click

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→

Congrats hyperthymesia! Elyurais is all yours! There's so much detail in your form and in your story! Enjoy!
✯My DA✯
✯My Art Shop✯
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
ImageImage
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
♥♡♥♡♥♡
♥♡♥♡
♥♡
Balmino

My pets
My items