Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

XenoDrake Adoptions{OPEN TO POST} by Steamturtle

Based on Click to view
Artist Steamturtle [gallery]
Time spent 22 seconds
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

XenoDrake Adoptions{OPEN TO POST}

Postby Steamturtle » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:36 pm

What are XenoDrakes?

They are an interesting species. Scientists aren't quite sure where they came from, but most are in consensus that they did not come from Earth. They are a very smart Canid-like species, and very old. They have dog-like paws and fur, and their biology isn't too dissimilar from our own...when they are born.

Unfortunately, they all seem predisposed to a potentially fatal birth defect. It does not bother them until they reach adolescence. This is why they have bioglass "globes" on their chests - they have somehow perfected a very intensive surgery that helps them live with the defect. They live relatively normal lives with the bioglass implants they are given.

Other interesting aspects about them are - as you have probably noticed - the slits down their sides and their lack of mouths. The slits on their sides help them breathe. While they do have nostrils, those seem to be no more than scent receptors, and are not connected to the respiratory system. The slits are responsible for all breathing, and when they are sick their slits run just like a human's "runny nose." They do not have mouths because they do not eat - at least not in the conventional way we think of. They live off of sound waves; this is what scientists believe made XenoDrakes come to Earth. They seem particularly in love with our music, and it provides them all the nourishment they need. This is also why their ears are so large.

As a species in general, they are about the size of a Caucasian Mountain dog, and roughly the same weight. They are very calm, and will only ever defensively strike out at something/someone. They are not aggressive. They are very intelligent, seeming much more humanlike, but almost treat humans like pets. You cannot train a XenoDrake; if you treat them kindly, you will be shown kindness back. This is not a dog or cat though - they can eat and drink on their own, can use the toilet, and even turn on the TV if they are so inclined. They will mate and breed if they want to, but do not take a life partner.

They can live upwards of 70 years, so it is better to think of them as your brother/sister than as a pet.
Last edited by Steamturtle on Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Last edited by Steamturtle on Wed Oct 13, 3933 5:45 pm, edited 42 times in total.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Steamturtle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: XenoDrake Adoptions{DO NOT POST}

Postby Steamturtle » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:37 pm

RULES:

BE KIND.
If you are rude, not only will you make the artists hate you, you will not be able to adopt. Keep it nice.
ONLY 5 XENODRAKES.
I don't want people hoarding. This number may be raised if the species becomes popular enough.
NO RUSHING.
We are all human and we all have lives outside of CS.
DON'T BE A SORE LOSER.
I know it is hard when you work really hard on a form and it's not chosen, but it is artist's - and XenoDrake's - choice.

CREATOR:
Steamturtle

ARTISTS:
Steamturtle
{Artist comp. Coming soon!}
Last edited by Steamturtle on Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Steamturtle on Wed Oct 13, 3933 5:45 pm, edited 42 times in total.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Steamturtle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: XenoDrake Adoptions{DO NOT POST}

Postby Steamturtle » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:37 pm

Where the ARCHIVES will go ^^

Steamturtle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: XenoDrake Adoptions{OPEN TO POST}

Postby Steamturtle » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:06 am

Alright open to posts ^^

Steamturtle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Steamturtle » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:14 pm

Bump ^^

Steamturtle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Steamturtle » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:13 am

Gonna get three more adopts up today ^^

Steamturtle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby petrikov » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:27 am

Ahh so cute, marking!
xxxImage