Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

H.A.L 9000 by jillybean711

Artist jillybean711 [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 59 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

H.A.L 9000

Postby jillybean711 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:39 am

" Affirmative, Dave... I read you."
- H.A.L 9000, aka "Hal,"
2001: A Space Odyssey

Oh goodness. Where do I start with this? How do you start at this subject matter? Its pretty hard. Like, wow. I just watched the first and second Space Odyssey a couple of days ago, and guess what? I'm making it official. I'm joining the very Philosophical and Intellectual fandom of a Space Odyssey. First of all, I guess I ought to described what this dude in the picture is, his name is H.A.L 9000, 'cept he likes to be called Hal. Understandable. Like, if my name was that long, I'd be doing a same thing. Anyways, he's a robot, in the simplest form. That's all I'm going to say about what he is, anyways, because, spoilers. xD I wont be revealing any. All I'm going to say is that he's creepy. Like, his voice is just unsettling, and his endless, never-ending stare. But I have heard he can play a wicked game of Chess, and probably Checkers as well. Who is Hal referring to in the picture an why? You'll need to watch the movie. Anyways... after watching it, I declared rectangles to be my worst enemy. Why? Spoilers. That's why. Once you watch it, it'll make sense to you. Anyways, " 2001: a Space Odyssey," & "2010: A Space Odyssy," are two very enduring movies, that have to be some of my new favorites. Also, watch it with somebody that has already watched it, there are some confusing parts that'll need a little explaining. Trust me. You might be able to figure it out, but it needs a bit of prodding. Unlike the titles say, the first one wasn't made in 2001. Trust me, I made that mistake for the longest time. The first was actually made in 1968. The gif image off to the left, is a shot from that movie. No, I'm not lying. That was made in 1968, with handmade models, some nauseating camera angles, and gorgeous paintings for the background. As you can probably guess, it took commitment, an took up a lot of money, along with some undoubtedly talented individuals. It was clearly way ahead of it's time, and because of that, along with a very amazing storyline, it was a hit, and most likely made millions. The second one, wasn't made in 2010, but in 1984, answering all the questions the first left behind. You can see a pattern here, because it's taking place in the future. xD So ye. This is a rather intellectual and emotional story-line, so be prepared to be on the edge of your seat, hugging your dog sitting next to you like I was, *cough cough* As you can guess, it is indeed a sci-fi movie. I'd highly recommend it to anybody above 12-ish, cause it does deal with some intellectually challenging subjects, that's all, and there is a long sequence of slowly flashing colors, so maybe those suffering from epilepsy might not be able to watch it...? I don't really know, I'm not a doctor. xD There is also a book, which I plan to buy and read eventually, after I finish all of my classics, which will undoubtedly take a long while. So yeah, amazing movies, it's definitely something somebody has to watch in their lifetime, anyways, i'll stop ranting. xD Sorry.

(c) " 2001: a Space Odyssey," Stanley Kubrick, Arthur C. Clarke ( author of the book(s?) ), and the undoubtedly extremely talented people that helped make it happened.
(c) " 2010: a Space Odyssey," Peter Hyams , Arthur C. Clarke ( author of the book(s?) ), and the amazing people that helped make it.
(c) Art, jillybean711
ImageDeviantart

Hello I'm Jilly! I am an artist, writer, gamer, and I love creating characters. I am a nerd at heart about literature, films, and bugs! I'm now mostly active on deviantart, but on rare occasions I visit Chickensmoothie to look around.
jillybean711

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: H.A.L 9000

Postby jillybean711 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:06 pm

Bump
ImageDeviantart

Hello I'm Jilly! I am an artist, writer, gamer, and I love creating characters. I am a nerd at heart about literature, films, and bugs! I'm now mostly active on deviantart, but on rare occasions I visit Chickensmoothie to look around.
jillybean711

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunah05 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:07 pm

yesss homestuck
[He/Him]
Lunah05

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jillybean711 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:30 am

Lunah05 wrote:yesss homestuck

Actually, The Hal I drew here, is from a different fandom. :3
ImageDeviantart

jillybean711

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby diana, » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:40 pm

im sorry dave, im afraid i cant do that...

. .
═══════════════⋆⋅★⋅⋆═══════════════
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xi"deep into that darkness peering, long i stood there wonde
xxxring, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx"all that we see or seem isxxxx"and so being young, and
xixxbut a dream within axxxxxxxxdipped in folly, i fell in
xxxxxxxxxdream."xxxxxxxxxxxxlove with melancholy."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
diana,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jillybean711 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:54 am

petals wrote:
      im sorry dave, im afraid i cant do that...

. .

" Open the pod bay doors, HAL."

XDD
ImageDeviantart

jillybean711

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby danibo » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:50 am

I feel like I'm being watched.
      now watch me w.i.p