Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Halsey, Third Oekaki by sincerely_sparrow

Artist sincerely_sparrow [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Halsey, Third Oekaki

Postby sincerely_sparrow » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:46 am

Okay, so this is based off of Halsey's album called "Badlands" :D which I love. So I figured I'd make an Oekaki based off of the album cover. And BTW it didn't take this long, as I took a break to eat. Experimented with layers and used a reference photo. Comment what you think? Constructive criticism always helps. ;) :mrgreen: :thumbup: :clap: *listens to Badlands* *pulls out earbud* BYE FELLOW MUSIC/ANIME/MANGA/WARRIORS/ALL BOOK FANS ESPECIALLY DIVERGENT AND THE HUNGER GAMES see ya soon :) :) :lol: :mrgreen:
Hi! I'm Evan.
sincerely_sparrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Halsey, Third Oekaki

Postby redhorizon » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:07 am

Great job with the layers <3 I love it! Have you tried lock alpha yet? It makes your life one trillion times easier. And then some. And then there's opacity and smoothing... You may have encountered smoothing. It makes it so you don't have to use the straight line tool to make smooth lines. Then there's scattering (Which is really fun and pretty when you use it with opacity really low!). I almost always use the pencil tool for sketching and lines, but most others use the pen tool. I would say, always use the pencil for coloring and rarely use the bucket fill. I only ever use it to color backgrounds or if I'm feeling especially lazy. The patterns and such at the bottom are super fun to play with and make cool things with x3

I know you probably know a lot of this, I just wanted to tell you everything so that I don't miss anything <3 I hope this was helpful for you, I know I wish someone did this for me when I first started with oekaki! Also, if you'd like, I can make you a custom character or two to help you start off your collection <3 Free of charge. Here's and example (NOBODY STEAL MY BABY OR YOU ARE STEALING MY HEART xDD) of my art. I made lil' Brechin like, a month ago, and he's a candidate for my new sona, though Arachnid is still up there.

http://caesarhorsecharacterz.weebly.com/brechin.html

And my current sona is Roman.

http://caesarhorsecharacterz.weebly.com/roman.html
Artist unknown

Sooo yeah <3 Lemme know, lovely <3

Boosh unless we're friends ♡ He/him ♡ Trans/Bi ♡ ASD ♡ Partner (12/15/2019)

Artist/Designer
Linecook
Flutist

Harry Styles & Horizon #1 Fanboy

My partner, dog, rats and comfort games ARE my life

PFP by me, sig by Onlyhalfpigeon
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes