Komainu #1 by danheng

Based on Click to view
Artist danheng [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Komainu #1

Postby danheng » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:06 pm

What is a Komainu, anyway? wrote:A Komainu is a lion or leopard like big cat living in the Alaskan Mountains, that lives off of icy river flows and game. These furry carnivores use flat, flexible front paws to shovel out snow and create dens, while their back paws are strong and sturdy. They live and sleep in snow so they have incredibly dense and fluffy fur around their neck and paw areas to keep them warm and keep their blood moving. They have special tongues that protect them from cold, as their only source of water is the freezing rivers and snow around them. Another adaptation is because they build their dens in snow drifts, they must be careful not to be trapped if another animal walks over their den. They have large, fox like ears that rotate to pick up noise, even when asleep. Even the slightest noise will wake a Komainu.
In the seasons when the snow melts, they go to live in the meadows and valleys, to be safe within their herd. During these seasons Komainus become incredibly social and dependant creatures. They hunt, travel, and feed in these packs, raising young together and thriving. The warm seasons are also mating season, and when most cubs are born.
Komainus are generally withdrawn creatures when not in the warm seasons, and aren't very welcoming to anyone but their family. Humans are welcome to try and befriend one but there is a little chance a Komainu will let you near.

Our very first Komainu.
    For this babe, I took all different aspects of animals and mashed them together.
    To win them, mark this thread! There will be a raffle.
    (Ends 28th)

-uncommon crystals
danheng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Komainu #1

Postby danheng » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 am