Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

So Original by Elywin

Artist Elywin [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
30 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

So Original

Postby Elywin » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:56 pm

Hah so yes, if anybody here owns an Instagram account then they've undoubtedly come across several artsy fartsy accounts in their explore feed. Not that I have a problem with art accounts, but a lot of them are literally the same things recycled from the most famous of Instagram artists. I've figured the trend out, and so has the little lynx kitten I've drawn. If you can't read the speech bubble, he's saying:
"Look! I'm a popular, creative, original Instagram artist since I:
- Draw things based on social media icons
- Draw Disney characters
- Draw colorful stuff
- Draw emojis
- Use sparkles
- Own copic markers
- Draw "Cute" things"

Like literally it's all the same reused ideas, I just think it's kind of hilarious.

I'd love to hear if anyone relates to this or if everybody thinks I'm insane. ^-^
FRISBEE INTENSIFIES

Elywin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: So Original

Postby Bettalong » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:07 pm

ahhh this is so cute!! ;v; While I don't have an Instagram (or at least never use the one I made super long ago r.i.p.), I have seen many similar scenarios as this oml. It really is kind of annoying, in my opinion, but I suppose that's how those sites work. |'D aside from that, though, you're a really amazing artist! :0 Keep up the fantastic work! <3
Bettalong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby charmy. » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:32 pm

Honestly.
This can be true, but for me the art accounts I follow aren't like this at all, and are quiet diverse, but may include one of the things you listed, but rarely. Art accounts can be just as creative and diverse as any other instagram account out there.
You just have to find them.
Good art by the way, very cute.
charmy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elywin » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:41 pm

山Yama wrote:Honestly.
This can be true, but for me the art accounts I follow aren't like this at all, and are quiet diverse, but may include one of the things you listed, but rarely. Art accounts can be just as creative and diverse as any other instagram account out there.
You just have to find them.
Good art by the way, very cute.

Well yeah, most art accounts aren't like what I've listed. But there are a select several that follow a very similar trend. Sorry if you thought I was trying to define every Instagram artist!
FRISBEE INTENSIFIES

Elywin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaspurr » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:06 am

THANKYOU. I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE IN THE WORLD WHO HAS NOTICED THAT.
I may have gotten to the wrong end of them, but honestly the majority of the ones I saw are the smallest, 30-second sketches with little detail or time taken and they get hundreds of likes because of how much like4like events they do. It's really getting to me. While the real artists who post every month or so some really amazing masterpieces from their sketchbook get like 50 likes. This is all I've seen. All it's taught me is that the instagram motto is quantity over quality.

Last bumped by Elywin on Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:06 am.
Kaspurr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me