Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Ma's by maninkari

Artist maninkari [gallery]
Time spent 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Ma's

Postby maninkari » Sat May 28, 2016 6:21 am

This is my dog Ma's. When she was younger she was going to be used for dog fighting, I'm not sure exactly what happened but somehow my uncle (a major dog lover) ended up with her. The people who owned her before had already cropped her ears, and not cleanly, It looked like somebody just took a pair of scissors and cut them off. She has scars all over her, especially on her face, clearly from other dogs. She's the sweetest dog you could meet though. My uncle gave her to my grandma, who absolutely hated pit bulls but took her in anyways. After a month they were inseparable, Ma's slept in my grandma's bed despite the fact that she swore to never ever let any animals on her bed, and now whenever I see her she just goes on and on about how misunderstood pits are and how much she misses Ma's. She had some aggression issues, and we made progress after a lot of socializing, but she still had problems with male strangers. She loved kids, kittens and was a great mom to her puppies, and she's one of the reasons I rescue dogs today.
Not sure why I typed all this, it just felt right,
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ma's

Postby Hubble » Sat May 28, 2016 6:44 am

I love this art and the story behind it. I'm glad you rescued her. I hate that people even think of using dogs in dog fights. It is so terrible. I am so happy that Ma's and other dogs have been given a second chance so that they can live their days in peace instead of a cage. <3
emptying this account out for art // voskhodd on discord, if you need me.
Hubble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ma's

Postby maninkari » Sat May 28, 2016 2:02 pm

Thanks <3 Yeah, I'm always glad that at least some dogs get out and can live the rest of their lives. I wish dog fighting wasn't even a thing in the first place.

Last bumped by maninkari on Sat May 28, 2016 2:02 pm.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me