Based on Click to view
Artist Raleigh [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
61 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Staff Plumerian - Raleigh - Closed

Postby Raleigh » Tue May 17, 2016 3:34 pm

Welcome!
          Today marks the beginning of my stay as an artist for this species.
          Even though I haven't been around for too long,
          I'm glad to be here, celebrating the life of this community with you guys.
          Here's to 2 years!

Really happy to be part of the artist team along with Finn and Colli.
          Thank you so much for having me.
          I hope you'll all enjoy our designs!
          ٩(。•ㅅ•。)و

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

To adopt:
          Tell me about the beginning of their own journey.
          It may be in art form, writing form, or both!

You're free to do whatever you
          want with your form as well,
          but are allowed only 1 extra section.

Limits:
              ○ Art - 1 piece
              ○ Writing - 1000 words
              ○ Extra writing may be only 300 words at max.
              ○ Quotes/Lyric snippets do not count toward the limit.
              ○ No offsite forms for this competition, please!
              *NEW ○ Animations or .GIF images are allowed.

Feel free to PM or ask me any questions you may have!

END DATE @ JUNE | 06 | 2016

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Code: Select all
Username;;
Name;;
Gender;;
Once Upon A Time;;
Last edited by Raleigh on Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Raleigh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Staff Plumerian - Raleigh

Postby mellifluous » Tue May 17, 2016 3:35 pm

Username;; Mellifluous
Name;;
Gender;; male
Once Upon A Time;;
dude. yes.
Last edited by mellifluous on Tue May 17, 2016 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mellifluous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby casiopea » Tue May 17, 2016 3:35 pm

res!
🍀 (cas)iopea / mercu(rio)
🍀 it/nya+ ☆ adult
🍀 Image Image Image
🍀 semi-active. only here for
xxoekaki and pets TBH

casiopea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Butter Dragon » Tue May 17, 2016 3:37 pm

Marking ;.;
x
Butter Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mal du pays » Tue May 17, 2016 3:38 pm

marking to watch uvu congrats on becoming an artist oDo

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(The figure opens its mouth...)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Michael (Mal) - He/they/it - adult
the world's most normal petscop enjoyer
I like Deltarune, drawing, warrior cats, and sonic the hedgehog.
werm time

DeerKiri
click my magistream guys pease

Kalons - Storkies
My OCs - My Kalons - Storkies Archive - Stars Archive
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(and speaks.)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fish out of water » Tue May 17, 2016 3:39 pm

fish out of water // svinsko 'vince' // male

swinsko's groove

You would think that naming a newborn ‘pork’ would mean hating your child… Or perhaps being too hungry to think straight after hours of labor. But nothing but pride filled the parents as they held their son for the first time. Svinsko was his legal name, the Bulgarian word for ‘pork’. If anything, Svinsko thought his name appeared as if his parents had simply slammed one of their heads into a typewriter. Ironically, this was exactly what he was about to do. He was applying for his eighty-fifth job in a year. While everyone was impressed with his writings, (including him) sadly, as soon as they saw his name they would laugh and say

“Kato che li az sŭm go otdavane pod naem!”
As if i am hiring him!

Because there was no way for him to afford an apartment, he stayed with his parents. Lucky for him, that meant free housing, free meals, free laundry. His parents truly did love him, but he would always have a bitter place in his heart etched out and chiseled away saying “Narekil men tova” (They named me)

Looking over at his desk, Svinsko plucked a stapler off of the dusty phone book laying next to him. He flipped through the pages, dragging his fingers across the lines until he found it. He raced to the telephone across the room, taking the book with him and copying down the numbers with urgency. He pulled it up to his ear.

“Zdraveĭ? Koga sledvashtata si Tsepelin izlitane?”
Hello? When does your next zepelin take off?

His bags were packed and kept on his bed as he paced slowly around his room, making mental notes about what he would need. His typewriter in its case next to him. The room was just empty, aside from a few office supplies that belonged to his parents and the telephone which sat atop the phone book. Finally, the clock struck twelve. He jumped when the doorbell rang, sounding that the cabby was here to pick him up. The older man assisted him with his bags while he said a brief goodbye to his parents, promising to write.

He felt somewhat out of place. The mass of people were quite rich, judging by their fur coats and fine suits. People drank like fish in the back and a few smoked in the corner of the room. Svinsko scratched the top of his head for a moment, surveying the people who were also escaping Bulgaria to New York. His obeshtana zemya (promised land). It was the only way, he told himself otherwise he would be doomed forever, his failed applications like stepping stones in his future crafted in a circle so that he would never continue on. Then he got it… He could change his name.He pulled out his typewriter, laying it on his lap as he tapped lightly at the keys.

Svinsko

Svin - Sven ?
Sko - sky?

He crossed them out. But three letters peaked his interest. He reached down and typed slowly.

Vin - Vince

It would do him just fine.

The Zeppelin landed in New York City later that night. It was easy to tell who had been in the city before and who had not. Those who flocked to the windows and cooed about the lights were most obviously new to the city. Those who rushed to get their things and leave had. He grabbed his typewriter and his bag and left on his way to the city.

The nightlife of the city alone was more interesting that finding a hotel to stay in. Prohibition was more of something he had felt rather than seen first hand. The economy had taken a hit but he had never truly understood it until this moment. Men and women flocked to what appeared to be a barbershop-turned-speakeasy. He joined the crowd, clambering inside.

It was elegant. A large chandelier in the center of the room above a dance floor, a few various flappers standing about. The room was thick with smoke and filled with people dressed like fake royalty. Their eyes would skim over him for a moment, looking over his bags and their attention returning to the others. He walked slowly around the room, looking for a table, a small, tan girl sat on her own in the corner. “...Mind if I sit here?” He asked, carefully. She glanced up at him, one of her curls falling into her face. “It's not going to affect me in any way.” She mumbled, grabbing her glass, filled with cola. “You’re new around here.” She said, flagging down a waitress. “Get this man something to drink, put it on my tab.” She said, glancing up at her. The girl put her hands on her hips, her dress shifting as she moved. “Sure thing.” She said. “Anything else, Antoinette?” She asked, leaning forwards slightly, but she simply waved her away. “You’re name is... Antoinette?” Vince repeated slowly, receiving a small nod. “My name’s Vince.” He mumbled, leaning back in his chair. “What brings you to New York?” Said a gruff voice behind him. He turned quickly and looked over the man sitting behind him, fixing his tie silently. “Work?” He said softly, the man let out a deep laugh. “A mini me.” He said, clasping his shoulder. “The name’s Berry.” He told him before he was quickly distracted by a small group of people. Vince swallowed as the flapper girl strode back to their table, placing the glass in front of him. “Thank you.” He breathed. “Anything, sweet.” She said, touching his arm softly. “W-what’s you’re name?” He asked, “Marquis.” She said swiftly, reaching up to fix the little strand of pearls in her hair. “I guess I’ll see you around, then?” He said softly, receiving a small nod in return. His new life wouldn’t be so bad. But after all, It had only just begun.

|| words : 991 / 1000 || special thanks to Eternal_Flame and Mimi
tryout || 85
Last edited by fish out of water on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
fish out of water

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaatlove » Tue May 17, 2016 3:39 pm

Res
ImageImage