Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

I'm Trying... by venus.

Artist venus. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

I'm Trying...

Postby venus. » Tue May 17, 2016 12:16 pm

This is my second Oekaki on CS...

I'm better at pencil and paint drawings, so at least I have some art experience. Computer drawings are a lot more difficult for me, though. This is currently a WIP.

Any Tips?
venus.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I'm Trying...

Postby cvpidxpng » Tue May 17, 2016 12:18 pm

second?
Boi, I have like millions and is suck!
This is beautiful
❤❤
cvpidxpng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I'm Trying...

Postby Nodell » Tue May 17, 2016 12:39 pm

Ahh, this is really good. ;o; <3

As for tips, the layers and smoothing are your greatest friends. This guide goes over both (specifically right here). If you are using a mouse or track pad I'd recommend you use a higher smoothing setting. If you're using a tablet (Wacom Bamboo or other) you might not have to use as much smoothing, depending on how steady of a hand you have (I normally use about 60-70% smoothing with my tablet, and 80-90% without it). I also wouldn't recommend using the paint bucket tool to fill in the lines on the same layer (it gives a white ring around the color). Instead, make a layer below the lines and put your color there. That way the coloring doesn't interfere with the lines. ( don't know how much of this you know, just wanted to go over some of the basic Chibipaint things just incase) qoq

If you need a live example, I'm always willing to do a JoinMe and show you more in depth. (as useful as the guide I showed you is, some people just need hands-on learning, kind of like I did I"D) <3
Nodell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me