once in a red moon - foodhog - winners announced! by Ovacalix

Based on Click to view
Artist Ovacalix [gallery]
Time spent 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

once in a red moon - foodhog - winners announced!

Postby Ovacalix » Mon May 16, 2016 6:26 am

In a galaxy far far away there is a planet known as Ankmor. This planet is an organic hot spot, its ridges and peaks conquered by towering trees and dense foliage, much like our own planet, but doubled if not tripled in size. Ankmor is guarded closely by sister moons that drift along with the mass as it cycles its central star, Sol. Even though today Ankmor has grown a few city states and become a neutral zone where all manner of life forms land their ships to rest, refuel, and trade, the planet still retains the natural and feral beauty that it had grown into. The dominant race of Ankmor is an elven like race of people called the Morians, and the second dominant race is the Foodhog, which have evolved to be the stalwart companions and guardians of the Morians. Their combined intelligence and sentience allowed to them to thrive and prosper on Ankmor, all the while ensuring their planets health and prosperity.

Hey yall! This is the first official Foodhog to be up for adoption.

Both of these foo's have levitating orbs, they do not have the power to make them levitate though : c

" For this competition you need to find a friend! They do not have to be familiar with Foodhogs, but they will be your partner for this competition. [no holding anyone against their will tho]

all that is really required is that you describe what the relationship is between these two foodhogs. Are they siblings? Mates? Enemies? Why? How did they meet? write it like a story!

Im looking more for the story than anything else, but you can add anything else you want.

Post partnerships here so I know who is working with who please! Or just do it on the forms I dont mind XD"

Code: Select all
username;;
Foodhog name;;
gender;;
story;;
link to partner form;;
Last edited by Ovacalix on Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ovacalix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: once in a red moon - foodhog

Postby Evils » Mon May 16, 2016 7:04 am

link to partner form;;
Bettalong ❤

»»-------------¤-------------««

username;; Evils
Foodhog name;; Halika (Hah-l ih kuh)
Nicknames;; Kaa (Kah) , Hahl (Hah-l)
gender;; Male

Personality:
Kaa is pretty awkward to say the least, and his clumsiness doesn't help him when he tries to prove he's not. Luckily for him, that was what he was like when he was just a child, now that he's older, he is protective, loving, kind, loyal, and most importantly good natured. Despite having grown out of his awkwardness, he can still be incredibly clumbsy at times to the point of it being a problem. This doesn't stop Kaa from helping those in need however; some say this proves he is a brave and caring foo, while others say this proves he is insane and desiring acknowledgment. Having so many foos talk behind his back has really gotten to him in a way, he has grown wery of others and doesn't seem as interested in making friends. However, things change don't they.

story;;

The clouds were dark but comforting for Halika. Nothing in the world could bother him now. The foo walked alone in the night, a journey he was destined to take; the journey to the moon festival. He looked to the sky to view the vibrant blue moon, a gem of the Earth... A gem so beautiful that someone must've been blessed with its orb. Looking down at his tail, the red orb that floated within it glowed faintly but kindly. "Someone must have the other if I am to have the red." He assured himself as he looked back to the path he traveled. Something moving within the shadows caught the tan foo's attention, curious, he walked closer to get a better view of the figure. Surprise hit him when he saw that it was another foo; the foo who was blessed by the blue moon. The two of them stared at each other with nearly the same expressions; shock.

"You too?" The two of them whispered in unison, startling Halika and the foo across from him. Looking at the foo's orb he lost his thought, his mind wrapped itself around the blue gem and he grew silent, unknowing of how awkward the situation had become. "Im sorry. Please don't mind me and continue wherever you may have been going." The other foo squeaked shyly. Halika looked to the sky and thought, "What is a foo like her doing out here in such weather?" Then it came to him. "Are you visiting the moon festival too?"

"I am. I need to be there, and I'm guessing you need to attend as well?" The foo replied rather meekly. Before Halika could reply, droplets fell from the sky, they began to fall hard but lightly upon the mountain path and the two foos' faces.

"i do need to attend as well. I'll admit though, I'm still surprised to know you are the foo who possesses the blue moon's blessings." Halika grinned softly as the rain licked his face.

"Yeah, I apparently do. And you possess the red moon's blessings I think?" The red foo replied briefly. The rain progressively grew heavier as Halika eyed the area for a possible shelter for the night. The trails looked as though they were to flood at any moment, so he tried to think of a quick escape, but the rain pelted at his eyelids taking away much of his focus. He let out a sigh just before his vision caught sight of a small cave hidden within the shadows on the mountain.

"I do! I'd think it to be a good idea to take the conversation somewhere sheltered if you want to discuss that though!" He trotted rather calmly towards the cave; noticing it was rather small, he huddled himself into the farthest corner to give the other foo room away from the rain. The other foo seemed to hesitate before entering the cave, shaking her fur harshly like a dog.

"What a wonderful journey..." She remarked as she settled herself onto the ground and looked outside into the pouring rain. Halika didn't seem to sense her sarcasm, he really did enjoy his travel, the rain was a comfort but a curse, but having such a chance at an adventure made him smile.

"It is!" He chuckled and the other foo turned her attention toward him, her expression bewildered.

"How? It had been only intense heat, rain, dirt, and the same tiresome walking." The foo said sharply, obviously agitated. "There. Is. Nothing. Good. About this journey." Halika couldn't help but smile slightly at this, was she really this upset?

"For me there is. The journey is a good adventure! There's beauty, refreshing weather, and the thrill of racing against time! You can't have an adventure without some obstacles?" His voice was friendly and honest.

The red foo closed her eyes and let out a sigh. "Twelve more days. You can't seriously find any joy in that, s-" She paused as if thinking, curious Halika waited for her to finish her sentence. What was she thinking of? As quickly as she paused, however, she continued, "I'm sorry, but..." she started,"I don't think I ever caught your name?"

Embarrassment swept over Halika, "Did I really forget to ask??" He thought as he mustered up the strength to reply. "Oh! The name's Halika, but you can call me Kaa for short, if you'd like." His mouth tried to stay in a smile, but his cheeks were growing hot and he could feel it.

"Huh. Well... It's nice to meet you Halika..? I'm Kazu, and my nickname is Zii if you desire calling me by a shorter name." The red foo responded. Silence swept the cave once again, something had to be said. Thinking of the journey ahead of them and possibly behind them, Halika spoke.

"It's a hard journey, though." His statement seemed to have caught the other foo off-guard. "There are a lot of obstacles after all."

"What if..." Kazu inhaled deeply, "we made the journey together to the festival..? I think it would make for an easier time if there's a difficult obstacle that cannot be passed alone?" Not knowing how to respond, Halika gave a simple nod, he knew how difficult the journey was going to be and was actually relieved she gave the idea. Laying his head down he watched his new traveling partner, she watched the rain pour down before she too lay her head to rest.

"Good night, Kaa."

"Good night, Zii."

Halika found himself awake before the sun awoke itself, a morning person at its finest. Something that the foo hated, but was grateful for this day. Realizing he was stuck between Kazu and the wall, he got up carefully and stepped quietly over his companion. "Breakfast." He thought as he walked around the still darkened land, soon the sun started to rise, revealing a bush full of lush fruits. A smile grew on the foo's face as he wrestled two bunches from the thorns, "I bet she'll love these." He told himself as he made his way back to the cave, carefully making his way back into his spot, hiding the berries behind him. Soon Kazu awoke and stretched before glancing around, noticing her liveliness, Halika stretched as well to make it seem as though he, too, had just woken up. "Good morning, Zii!" He yawned as he shook his shining coat.

"Good morning, Kaa." Kazu replied briefly, looking back outside the cave. "Time to get going, hm?" Halika had his chance.

"Not before breakfast?" He replied casually, his voice soft and silky.

"Not before breakfast??? We're racing against time! We don't have time to go and get-" Halika pulled out the bunches of berries from behind his back before she could finish her sentence, a smile on his face. "Oh. So, you... Already got breakfast?" Kazu asked slightly dumbfounded.

"While you were sleeping, yeah. I was waiting for you to get up!" Halika noted cheerily as he handed one bunch to Kazu. She devoured it quickly leaving Halika no time but to do the same; As he watched her eat, he couldn't help but feel comforted by her presence, something about her made this travel feel as though it was going to be so much simpler with her around.

After the two ate, Kazu and Halika headed out onto the mountains once again. True to the idea of traveling together, the journey's obstacles became significantly easier to overcome. The two foos traveled across the cracks and precipices together - though there were occurrences in which both foos would have to help each other out of potentially dangerous situations. There were ugly nights that passed quickly, and there were nights that appeared to have an everlasting beauty. The blue moon, however, would progressively get more vibrant as it moved closer. "Four more days..." Kazu worriedly noted as she looked to the moon.

"We're getting there." Halika responded as the two rested under the stars. The journey with Kazu had, so far, been a productive one. It had also been more light-hearted, too. The two foos would hold casual conversations during their journey, which would provide for an adequate amount of amusement. Additionally, there were times the two would play games with their eyes when they lacked something to talk about. For example, the two would often play "Eye spy" and even do staring contests when the terrain was smooth and predictable. But every night was the same; Kazu would worry about the time left, while Halika would tell her that they'd be sure to make it on time.

The following day, Kazu and Halika woke up to a pleasing sight; Hot air balloons of tropical colors, some with embellishments of the moons. Kazu ran to the balloons, "Kaa, let's go!!" She laughed as she bounded off. Halika stood up swiftly to catch up, his heart happy and full of joy, they were so close! These balloons, they were from the festival. Looking back at his companion, he noticed she was getting rather close to the edge.

"Zii!" he shouted as he began to run toward her, but she continued running, worry filled his heart as she grew closer to the edge. "KAZU!!!" He screamed to her, his legs sprinting quickly to her, his mind raced as she placed her foot at the edge. Time seemed to slow down as he leaped toward her, her feet slipped out from under her and a gasp escaped her lips as she twisted to grab the edge. The pounding of Halika's heart was all he could hear as kazu began to fall, he tripped as he attempted to reach his hand to her, but she was already too far away. Clawing at the air, Kazu fell into the darkness below.

"No..." Halika whispered, his heart welled up with sorrow. "N o..." He refused to believe what had just happened, he was so close to her, but he failed. No. She was not dead. Tears streamed down his face as he kneeled at the edge. Standing up, Halika noticed a path down the chasm, a terrible path full of drops, but a path he was willing to take. Determination filled his soul as he bounded down the rocks, his footing slipped and he jumped from the rocks onto the ground below. Catching his breath, he glanced around frantically for any sign of his companion, then he spotted her. Running to her, he linked his hands underneath her arms and dragged her to shore.

"zii..? Kazu?" Halika whispered as he tried to hold back a river of oncoming tears. Suddenly, the red foo coughed up water violently. "...K...Kaa?" She asked as she opened her eyes. Rain began to drizzle down as Halika hovered over her, unable to contain his emotions of shock and happiness, he smiled brightly but worriedly.

"K...Kazu?" He asked as if calling her name would do a thing.

"W...Where did the balloons go? We need to go after them..." Kazu whispered, her voice in pain despite trying to sound strong.

"It doesn't matter." Halika started, his voice shaky. "There's enough time left for us to make it to the festival, but you can't travel in this condition, okay?" His voice displayed great concern as he waited for Kazu's response of a weak nod.

The sun shone brightly, but the two foos remained at the bottom of the abyss waiting for Kazu to regain enough strength to make it to the festival. The sun passed as both foos silently rested, and the blue moon shone itself once again in the night sky. While both of the foos watched the night sky, Halika thought of the events that lead them to the bottom of this cliff. What was it that called him to help her after she fell? He thought and thought but the answer was in front of him the whole time. She was a friend. he blushed as he thought of their journey together, a friend that he truly would do anything for. He turned his head to look at Kazu, he admired her eyes; so beautiful and blue. He sighed as he closed his eyes, his mind swimming with happy feelings and peace. Soon, the calm pushed him to sleep.

Halika found himself awake before his companion once again, "Zii? You feeling better?" He asked as Kazu began to wake up.

"Kind of. We're going to continue the journey now, right?" The red foo asked anxiously as she stood up, her legs shook from the fall she'd taken.

"Of course!" Halika responded, handing Kazu a bit of breakfast that he managed to grab before she woke up. "We should arrive there late today or before night time tomorrow, at the very least." Halika said reassuringly.

"That's good..." Kazu responded as she finished her food. The two foos gradually made their way out of the chasm, and they continued along the path towards the festival. The day went slowly, but the two foos walked beside each other. As the night came to pass again, the foos noticed even more signs of the festival. They could hear music from afar, see balloons (including hot air balloons like the ones they saw before), and bright lights. Whats more, the red moon was now visible as well. Both moons, in fact, were in the sky - apart from each other, but slowly coming together.

Their journey was coming to an end.

After an eventful night- hearing so many glamorous noises come from the festival, the two foos moved forward once more. Kazu and Halika's hearts beat with excitement and satisfaction. This would be the last of the dreadful walking. Their feet were killing them, they felt as if they were boiling internally, and they lacked water. It was during during the evening when Halika and Kazu were panting out of exhaustion... When the terrain under them turned into grass.

"Grass???" Kazu squawked, looking at her feet. Halika looked down at his feet as well, then back at where they had just come from. The mountains, they were finally free from their grasp. A huge smile took over the foo's face as he snuggled his feet into the wet grass, it was beautiful! Absolutely stunning, looking over to Kazu he saw something even more beautiful; his companion smiling, her feet moving swiftly in the grass.

"What did I tell you??" Halika grinned at Kazu, his voice loud and excited. "We made it!!"

True enough, they had made it. The festival was bustling with life - Morians and Foohogs were celebrating, partying, eating, sleeping, and waiting- all alike. It was beautifully decorated, too, but everyone was here primarily for watching the moons. The two foos sat by each other upon the grassy cliff of which was perfect for sightseeing. It would only be a matter of a few hours that the moons would join each other again, and that the two foos who have been blessed with their now gleaming orbs would see the planets together as they are. For now, the foos would rest and think back upon their journey to the festival.

Something was different. Something had changed. The journey had been long, but it wasn't done alone. Prior to the journey, Halika lived alone and away from others. He was tired of their stares and bad judgement, he had waited nearly his whole life to find the holder of the blue orb. Now, he was sitting right next to her, a blessing greater than any other. He glanced quickly at Kazu who was looking at him, the two smiled at each other as Halika put his hand upon Kazu's. There were crowds of Morians and other Foodhogs alike - watching the two moons pass by so closely, but the two foos; the blessings of the moons, were never to part.

"Once in a blue moon."

"Once in a red moon."

Last edited by Evils on Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:18 am, edited 15 times in total.
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." - Edgar Allan Poe
Evils

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Medd-Lee » Mon May 16, 2016 9:47 am

username;; Meddled.
Foodhog name;; Astennu
Meaning;; God of the moon, Egyptian
gender;; Male
story;;

link to partner form;; BubbleUniverce
Last edited by Medd-Lee on Tue May 17, 2016 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
unnessecary links wrote:Characters(old, LOL)
My SMWs(closed)
Flight Rising(idk why)
3k+ Chickens(active!)

Hi! I'm Medd! They/them please.
I am sometimes hard to reach on CS! If you need me quickly try Toyhouse(Medd-Lee), thanks!
Most links are outdated, sorry guys!
Medd-Lee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachpit » Wed May 25, 2016 11:58 am

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Tui and La are twin sisters, hatched many, many years ago
from nearly spherical eggs. Each foo is accompanied by a small, levitating
orb of unknown origin. Despite being twins, Tui and La are quite different.
La is a strong individual, good at fighting with both her claws and her
words. The cream-colored guardian is much more loving towards her
family and puppers than she is to others, despite the many irritations
her sibling causes. Tui is much the opposite, preferring flight
to fight and quickly running away at signs of danger or trouble. The
reddish brown female is constantly jittering around and causing some
form of annoyance for La. Tui can prove to be an asset in battle situations,
despite the fact that she flees. She is a great tactician and can provide
split second decisions for her sister’s fights from afar. In daily life, Tui is
much less talkative than the other foo and will lay down and take abuse
instead of standing up for herself. She depends on La to keep her safe
from the world and others. Since they were puppers, La has been the more
dominant of the two, always protecting and rescuing Tui from bad situations.
Because of her nature, La is usually calm, but without a plan she can quickly
become frazzled and stressed. Tui is there because even though she’s
constantly moving and jittering, she’s always calm for her sister and can
make a plan in a snap. Tui has a better sense of humor than La, though the
humor mainly boils down to tasteless pranks and leaping onto
the other from behind. Neither sister is necessarily 'good' at humor, but
La’s dry take on it doesn’t impress, while Tui’s enthusiasm
gives others the impression that she’s at least trying.

La reserves much of her frustration to be released against Tui in small
sibling skirmishes about pranks Tui has pulled or the reddish foo running
away during a stressful battle. These fights tend to be short and vicious,
as Tui isn’t afraid to fight back against her own sister. What each sibling
lacks
in one category the other has mastered. La has the strength that Tui lacks
while Tui has the speed. Each foo uses their given strengths as best they
can while catering to their own interests. Due to many of their decisions
not
involving the other unless they’re cooperating, the siblings clash a great
deal off of work and the field. They get along quite well between fights,
but their relationship is ever-shifting, to say the least. Even throughout
all conflicts, the pair acknowledges the fact that they are siblings and
under everything they do love and care for each other. Like any sibling
relationship, they do most definitely have their ups and their downs,
but these two have a tendency to roll out of it fighting, even if said
fighting is against each other.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
╔══════════════════════╗
--Username|| Goofball217

--Foodhog name|| La

--Gender|| Female

--Link to partner form|| D.J.D Vᴏs
╚══════════════════════╝
"Tui....."

Those on anymore know of the existence of twin foodhogs. A pair of sisters who fight and bring balance to the planet. Rarely seen and never communicated with, the pair were dismissed as fiction throughout the ages. When the two were rediscovered, it was decided that they would be honored as guardians.

These sisters are Tui and La, the keepers of the moons. Long ago they hatched as normal puppers to parents who knew exactly what their babies were destined to be. Each child had an orb begin to follow them soon after their emergence. One red orb, one blue. The existence of these orbs acts as a measure of each twin’s life. The Glow indicates their health, and if a orb in broken, the sibling who is attached to it will fade away. The pair grew up, playing and often fighting. Each turned into a foil for the other. Tui became jittery, timid, and pacifistic; refusing to fight with anyone other than her sibling. La, on the other hand, became a powerhouse. The cream colored foo was a talented fighter and speaker who found her sibling’s jittering and flight response to be incredibly annoying. 

The pair found that working together would benefit them both, and that Tui was more useful in battle than they’d previously thought one fateful day. At the time, each sister was nearly fully grown. They were exploring the nearby forest, sating the intense curiosity of young adults in a new place. Several hours passed in blissful safety, with the pair stopping once to rest near a particularly massive tree. Tui slept in the shade of the massive boughs while La took the time to drink and keep an eye out for anything in the surroundings that could be considered dangerous.

When something flashed through the trees nearby, La went on full alert, her gaze snapped to every movement. The source of the movement soon exposed itself, another foo. The large six legged female stood tall in front of the red moon, her four eyes glowing in the shadow of the tree. The dark foo gave a hiss, threatening La without the use of words. La growled in response, shifting her weight and fluffing up her pelt to show that she most certainly wouldn’t back down.
This display only got a chuckle from the hunter, “You believe that looks threatening?” she snapped. Her words woke the blue moon, who snapped her head to her sister before bolting straight up into the tree, to safety. La gave an angered, exasperated snarl. She’d always known Tui would be no help for fights, her sister was never good for combat. La turned back to her opponent, only to see and feel the hunter slam into her flank. She flailed for a moment before getting her claws to sink deep into a hind leg. The pale foo flung her enemy to the side, only to hear her sister calling from the tree. 

“Get the eyes! Look for a blind spot!” 

La snorted in astonishment, momentarily distracted by her sister’s suggestion. Thankfully the dark foo was too busy getting to her feet to notice La’s distraction. La turned her gaze back to the problem at hand while circling around in an attempt to find a blind spot as her sibling suggested. When she did, it was directly behind the large foo. Taking a chance, La leapt directly onto her back, wrapping forelegs around to claw at the four sensitive eyes. The attacker was quickly blinded and wailing, thrashing and bucking to try and fling La off. Tui was screaming encouragements and suggestions from her safe perch in the tree. La, considering the success of her twin’s first suggestions, quickly took them in mind. It took what was probably only a few more moments of combat to drive the currently blinded assailant away.

Breathing hard and scraped up, La looked at her sister as she climbed down from the tree. Tui always stopped hiding once danger was gone. It was one of the things about her that ticked La off the most, but now… Now maybe Tui would be some sort of useful in a fight. The Blue moon seemed to know what she was saying. La’s irritation faded away completely when Tui came up and started looking over her wounds, cleaning them. Despite everything that her sister did to annoy her, La did love her sibling, and Tui very much loved her back.
Last edited by peachpit on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
--------------------------
Image-----------------------------------------------------

she/they - bi
you guys are cool ily
valentines + lovecore obesessed
toyhouse - my kalons
discord - smittencupid
peachpit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Wed May 25, 2016 2:43 pm

username;; starry-knight
      link to partner form;; -Willow

Foodhog name;; Elara

Meaning of Name;; Elara is the name of one of many moons orbiting Jupiter in the milky way galaxy. Though not the largest moon, the significance of this moon is not to be ignored. Like all the moons orbiting Jupiter, Elara has a perfect view to observe the massive gas giant it circles. The resemblance in colors of Jupiter to Elara made her name so much more fitting when the young foodhog was granted a title for her own.
      gender;; Female

Relationship to Blue Moon;; Twin Sister

Elara's Orbs Name;;
        Deimos, the second of 2 moons orbiting mars. Deimos means at it's purest definition "Panic". Elara named her orb Deimos, knowing full well the meaning and purpose behind the name. In a way, Deimos embodied the panic and fear both her and Kore shared even while far apart. The small orb however, became a companion to her, and a reminder of Kore whom she missed more than anything else in Ankmor...or even the universe.

Elara's Morian;;
        Elara and Kore were both adopted and raised by a young male Morian by the name of Calder. Calder is the son of the discoverer who salvaged the two orbs Elara and Kore both possess. Easy going and patient, Calder made for a good friend and companion to the girls from the moment they started walking, to the giving of the orbs and even now as he watches over Elara and keeps her company in her lonelier hours. Though Elara wished Calder would have gone with Kore instead - the foodhog does enjoy his presence and friendly conversation.

Elara's Theme Song;; Dead Hearts; Stars

personality;;- As Elara aged from a young Foodhog to an adult, certain traits and aspects of herself evolved, dissolved and added new additions to form the version of her everyone on Ankmor respects.

- Inquisitive - Obedient - Adventurous - Protective - Compassionate - Driven -
        Young;;- As a pupper, Elara was the brighter of the two sisters. Quicker to respond when called, and more obedient when given orders. Her intellect drove her to be more exploratory to the city ports and the world around her. Having no trouble, Elara embraced new experiences, but was convicted whenever her twin Kore did not share the same bliss and excitement. Protective of her sister and her soft heart, Elara took on the supportive role. Always trying to ensure her sister was okay, and providing moral guidance and esteem whenever necessary to boost Kore's confidence. Individually Elara was more knowledge driven, tapping into her emotional pools only to console her sisters woes. Her passion stemming from personal success, and the pursuit of greatness captured her heart very young, and drove her to certain decisions in her future...and for Kore's.

- Passionate - Adventurous - Patient - Protective - Persistent - Driven -
        Teen;; - As a teen, Elara really began to blossom. Her size nearly doubled from her younger years and her intelligence and drive even more so. Her love for adventure and travel had peaked her imagination, seemingly captivating her every waking thought to worlds beyond their own. However, her grounded heart for Kore never quite let her thoughts soar too high. Patient and loving as ever, Elara watched over her twin sister Kore who's heart always seemed to be troubled and lost in a time long past. As much as Elara tried, Kore could not be convinced their future would be brighter than their past. However, this never stopped Elara. Her persistence and drive pushed and prodded Kore to keep up and enjoy the simple things the two had come to embrace.

- Adventurous - Wise - Patient - Troubled - Lonely - Indifferent -
        Adult;; - Wiser and much older Elara has found life has no meaning without family. After being separated from Kore for guardianship, Elara never quite broke the heartache and loneliness that plagued her mind. Her drive for adventure and knowledge kept her busy and content in her later years, but her mind yearned for her twin and loving sister despite it all. And as she aged the burden grew heavier. Elara preformed the tasks required without hesitation or insistence, but it was completed with a half hearted and closed minded view of the world. Sure, she had Deimos and Calder the Morian from their childhood but that piece of her that was taken no time could truly repair.
      story;;
          Intro;;
          A lot has changed since Elara and Kore were cast into the position of orbs' guardians. Forced to be split apart forever to preserve the safety of their planet and it's inhabitants. No matter what that meant for the two of them. Both wandering beyond the boarders of their heart. Both cast into a desolate place of isolation within themselves.

Change that Pulls the Heart;;
          The first to arrive through the doorway was a tan female who’s eyes were just as red as the magnificent splotches of it that lay on it’s coat. She was the ‘brighter’ of the pair, following instinctively after the voice that beckoned. The second, now scrambling to keep up was her sister. Deep reds across her pelt and littered with little blue dots that entranced any eye for a small peak her way. Slower to respond, this young Foodhog was much less agreeable to be with than the other, and her temperament never ceased to unnerve even the most easy-going of spirits.

Both girls were but a year old, learning their way around the cities of Ankmor and their duties to be given precedence upon their aging. However, now they were but tender and tiny souls, enjoying the bustle and noise of the inner city ports.

“Kore come on catch up!” Elara the lighter female begged, turning her head to catch sight of her twin who seemed to be once again lagging behind.

“Kore!” The tan sibling shouted, now realizing her sister had been entranced by a small family of Morians walking by. Her eyes shone big with interest and desire, only to fade as Elara raced over in a hurry. “Come on Kore, we gotta keep moving. Calder is waiting on us….”Her voice soft as she realized Kore was unhappy about something.

“You’re thinking about them again aren’t you?”
          Elara asked, sympathy threaded into her tone.

Kore simply nodded, tears flooding into her eyes as she continued to reflect on the subject. Elara sighed, rubbing her head under her sisters consolingly. “We have a new family now Kore. Calder is our new family…..ok? He will take care of us.”

“Come on girls, we must keep moving.” Calder called, interrupting the conversation. “We aren’t far now, just a few more minutes.” The Morian walked over to the pair, both strikingly large for being so young. He bent over calmly, scooping both up into both of his arms before continuing the walk towards his home.

As they continued to move, Elara found herself enchanted with the ships that flew across the sky in marvelous displays. Her red eyes wandering to see Kore looking the other way, head down in dismay and discontent. Not able to enjoy the moment with Kore being upset, Elara finished the rest of their walk with her head down and her mind whirling over the change that had thrust them both into this new life. One neither girl had ever wanted.

Love after Duty;;
          The sun shone down hard that day, leaving the plants, the animals and the air gasping for breath. The ground itself boiled, every step taken ached with exhaustion. This was no different for the small party walking down the beaten path into the overgrowth. A troop of 2 foodhogs, and two Morians all deep in conversation as they trekked deeper into the unknown.

“Where do you think we are going?” The red female asked, concern laced within her words, “I mean, they said it was of great importance….but the way Calder talked about it…makes me nervous there is more to his words than that.”

“Whatever it is,” The pale female responded, “there is no use worrying about it yet….time to just enjoy the walk, Kore.” Elara finished, now realizing and remembering the blistering sun hovering up above. “Scratch that….the day is being less than agreeable.”

Kore gave a short chortle and grinned in agreement, gazing around as well at the heat cracked ground.

The group continued to make their way through the brush, until they came upon a worn down and decaying building. Etched and cracked stone held up by merely a wish and a prayer from collapsing completely. The two Morians, Calder and Brandt leading the way into the arch way of the building and into the dark room beyond. The two foodhogs remained at the entrance, taking in the sight for the first time.

“I have a bad feeling about this Elara.” Kore spoke, her voice a whisper.

“Calder has never shown any means of danger to us Kore. Nothing bad is going to happen here…okay?”
          Seeing Kore’s discontent upon her face, Elara pressed on.
          “Do you trust me?” She asked.

“Well of course I-"
          “Then there is nothing to worry about. Come on.“ Elara encouraged, walking first into the dark room, soon followed by Kore.

“Alright girls - I am sure you are wondering why we have brought you here.“ Calder began, breaking the silence in the dense and dusty room. “I have come to gift you both with a great honor, passed down from both my parents, Brandt’s and the Foodhogs tasked with this before you.“ His voice trailing slightly before he continued. “A long time ago my parents discovered two orbs with incredible power. They seemed almost - sentient….and able to think for themselves. It was an amazing find, but one my parents couldn’t quite understand until Brandt’s family agreed to research them. These- These orbs are linked to the two moons circling our planet. We don’t know how yet - or why. But, we do know that when brought together….these orbs pull the moons towards each other in a collision course to each other.“ Calder opened his mouth to continue when Kore interjected.

“What does that have to do with us?”

“Well…….You both have been chosen as their guardians.” Calder said softly, knowing what promptly would follow.

“So you are saying, we are the next guardians of these orbs..? but they can’t be brought together…… Your-.. Your trying to tear us apart!” Kore blurted, followed by Elara’s quick response as she tried to console her.

“Kore, he hasn’t said everything yet - we don’t know that for sure….right?” She said, now directing her view to Calder who watched with sorrowful eyes.

“I am so sorry Elara…Kore. You both have shown so much potential for this. It is - is an honor.” He stuttered.

“So you are separating us then? We can - we can never see each other again…” Kore began, venom filling her voice. Tears flooded her eyes and now falling down her cheeks. Elara drawing close to her and sharing in her sorrow. No one else spoke for a while, the two twins remained their sobbing, holding one another tight and firm. Taking advantage of the little time they had left together.

After a few hours, Calder and Brandt broke the silence. “Come on girls. It’s time to go. The orbs are waiting for you.”

Elara pulled away first, her duty to Calder and their planet pulling her heart away from her other half. Sniffling, Elara stood up, Kore still holding onto her leg as she did so. “P-Please don’t go Elara. I don’t want to live life alone….without you.“ she begged, voice cracking as she sobbed.

“I am so sorry Kore….I-I am so sorry. This i-is not goodbye forever…only for now. I will see you again.” Elara cried, rubbing her head against Kore’s affectionately and passionately. Tears free flowing even more down both of their faces. “Goodbye Kore. Be strong for me…okay?” Elara asked softly, turning from Kore and walking to Calder’s side. Her tail finally parting from Kore’s soft red pelt. Kore took in her sister's sweet and comforting scent one last time, tears falling silently from her eyes.
          - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          Elara dared not look behind her now, feeling the burden of loss and an aching hole where her heart beat. Her legs trembling with every step, but determined not to cave into the grief she felt. So, she kept walking - Calder striding beside, his hand laying gently into her neck fur consolingly but other than that small gesture they did nothing else. Instead they continued out into the underbrush and the heat in silence. Leaving a piece of Elara behind to crumble and cave like the building they had so painstakingly stood.

The Brighter Side of Lonliness;;

The pale creature stared out into the bright wilderness that called and beckoned for her company. Her mouth curling into a small and sweet smile as she reflected on Kore and imagining her happy...wherever she dwelled. It was a strange feeling, thinking back to only a few weeks ago when both of their worlds changed and parted. She could only imagine and deep down knew how hard Kore was taking the separation. It pained Elara more than she would upfront admit, but never the less did it plague her. However, this did not stop the smile that protruded and stretched straight into her soul, imagining her sister at peace and enjoying the beautiful weather that sat upon the planet.

Her thoughts of Kore were fleeting however, and soon replaced with Deimos - the orb floating between the curling shape of Elara's tail. It flickered softly with radiant red rays, silently observing the world as Elara was lost in silent thought.

"Do you think Kore is managing?"
          Elara finally posed the question of the century upon her tongue. It had lingered there since the moment they were separated. And yet, today it seemed to be the day Elara really wanted that answer. She looked inquisitively towards Deimos, whose light flickered a little more frantically in response. The pale foodhog sighed, shaking her head in response to Deimos. -"We've never been apart for this long" Her thoughts now drifting from her initial question and into another realm of thought.

".......I remember the last time we got separated. Kore had wandered off, not too far of course. But far enough for me to notice her absence...." Elara grinned a little wider as she reflected back to that day. "She was in a daze...watching a family of Morians trod past, her eyes were so wide...so full of hope."
          Deimos drew in closer, now shining it's light right in front of Elara as if to hear better.

"We were only apart for a minute - maybe less. But, it was a moment I nor her shall ever forget....It was the moment we both realized we needed each other. That we could never be torn apart....separated...." Her voice now trailing into a sobering whisper.
          "I had promised her we had a new family and home. That everything was going to be okay - our problems and loss far behind us. But - But now when I look back onto that moment I realize how terribly wrong I was to promise her something that I could not keep." Elara was now trying to hold back the tears. Their separation had truly hurt her more than her words could ever express.

Deimos blinked once more. "I know it wasn't my fault Deimos." Elara said, letting out a large sigh before falling onto her back and staring up at her orb companion. "Not my fault for saying things when I was just a kid.....I just...deep down I hope Kore has found friendship with her orb....just like I have found it in you Deimos. I am not sure I could bare the loneliness I feel if it weren't for you..." She finished, wrapping her tail gently around her orb, red eyes glistening and watching intently until the day faded into dusk...

Broken Pieces;;
          Summer and Fall had come and gone on Ankmor. The birds and prey had fled and ran to rest and sleep for the winter that fastly approached. Before long, the first fall of snowflakes cascaded from the heavens and blanketed the forests and mountain tops of the planet. Washing the bright and green landscape with glittering white mounds of frozen ice.

Elara was out in it as the second fall of season came, and the snowflakes floated peacefully to the ground to rest. Her eyes were bright, her mouth open and wide in excitement as she watched the flurry around her. Instinctively she turned to see the expression on Kore's face, only to find the space beside her empty. Her joyful gaze faded slightly - that was until she spotted Deimos floating within the curl of her tail. "Deimos isn't this just.....splendid." Elara began, looking back up to the sky. "Have you seen the snow before?"

The little red orb flickered quickly, one flash after another in response. Elara smiling at Deimos's response.
          "Well now you have!" Elara said excitedly, "And I am glad I got to share it with you..." Her voice now trailing as she saw Calder approaching.
          "Elara! So nice to see you out and about!" The young Morian grinned as he ran over to Elara and hugged into her fur.
          "Calder!" Her voice filled with joy at the sight of him, she now pulling back to get a better look at him. "I haven't seen you in a few weeks, have you been okay?"
          "Of course my dear, I went into the city - doing more research with Brandt regarding the orbs...same business as usual." His voice trailing. "Are you ready to go?"

Elara nodded, taking a deep breath before exhaling a cloud of warm air into the frozen tundra. "Lets go".

With that the group of three began traversing the snow covered terrain headed towards a place they had been 10 long years ago. And, within half an hours walk, the trio was standing outside the decomposing building that Kore and Elara were given the news of their guardianship. At the sight of it, a shiver ran down Elara's spine. So much hurt lingered here....so much pain for both the twins harbored within. But, Elara had requested to come here. She wanted to face her fears - her anxiety and regret. It took her ten years to get to this point, but today she was finally ready to face her demons.

"Do you want me to come in with you?" Calder asked, looking at the pale foodhog with worry.
          Elara did not look at him, her eyes remained locked on the dilapidated structure. "I will be okay Calder...I need to do this myself."She said, her voice soft and light like the snow beneath her feet.

Slowly, Elara and Deimos approached the building. It was dark inside, the snow had covered the holes that once fed light into the dead space. But now, it was just a black hole, littered with small patches of white here and there. Each step made was delicate, and left a small crunch as Elara approached the spot where she held Kore for the last time. Instantly the tears began flooding into her red eyes - the feeling of Kore's fur against her, her smell, her warmth invading her thoughts as she stood where they stood. Buckling, Elara crumbled into the dirt and snow, trembling and weeping violently as the memories flashed back like a movie reel in her head. "Kore!" Elara yelled, "Kore - Where are you..." Her words breaking in between sobs.
          "I wish we were together again... I wish I could see your smile....hear you laugh. Embrace you in my arms.....Where are you now?" The pale foodhog asked into the void, her voice now nothing but a whisper. She sniffled, curling up into a ball and closing her eyes. Soon to fall into a light sleep.

Broken Pieces - Part II;;
          It was many hours later before Elara awoke. Her muscles ached, and her head was heavy from the tears she had shed earlier in the day. Night had practically fallen, the red moon shining a small bit of light into the dark building in which Elara lay. Cautiously, the foodhog stood, checking for Deimos who floated quietly right where Elara had left her. With a heavy sigh, Elara walked out of the building and into the moonlight.

The air was crisp and cold at this hour, even with her thick fur. The snow had lightened, allowing only a few individual snowflakes to drift in the breeze. Piles of the white ice had built over the hours, causing Elara to step knee deep into the snow just to move around. She started walking back towards the direction they had come, when she remembered Calder had accompanied her....but where was he?

Concerned, she began treading the snow faster and faster. Her steps frantic and distraught. "CALDER!" Elara called into the night, no response to be returned. "CALDER! Where did you go!" She called again, eyes darting from one direction to the next looking for any sign of him. Then through the underbrush she saw something move.

Without warning a figure emerged from the shadows and charged. The creature before her she did not recognize from their planet...nor from a species that visited here. Quickly, Elara got on the defensive - her ears had flicked back and her claws had latched onto the rocky earth that lay beneath the blanketed snow. The four creatures converged quickly, several attacking her head, while another snuck from behind...after Deimos. "Get away from her!" Elara bellowed, ramming one of the beasts away while slashing another with her long and sharp talons. But, her efforts were feeble at best. She wasn't a fighter, and it showed.

Unable to fight all four at one time, one of the creatures took the opportunity to try and grab the orb, only to scratch and send it flying into the air before crashing into the snow. Elara's eyes wide and fearful as she watched in horror as her friend flew beyond her reach. Then, suddenly the attackers stopped. One had walked over to where Deimos had landed - only to shake it's head in distaste. The beast picked her up, examined her quickly then chucked her aside back into the icy snow. The troop left quickly after that, leaving Elara and Deimos alone once again.

Elara could hardly move after the events that had just unfolded. Her body tense and her mind whirling. Shaking like a leaf as she stood stagnant and alone out in the clearing. It wasn't until a few minutes later that she found the courage to approach her little orb companion and assess the damage she knew had happened. Cautiously, Elara approached the flickering orb, her light was soft and hardly blinked from her spot. At first, Elara saw Deimos was fine and undamaged...it was only until she picked her up within her paws that she saw the crack that stretched from top to bottom.

"Oh Deimos!" She cried, her paw rolling gently over the crack that ran deep upon her surface. "I am so sorry. So sorry...." Elara said, now sobbing for her hurt companion and only friend.
          "I-I tried so hard to protect you I did.....and look at what has happened."
          The little orb flickered softly in response, it's response one of consoling nature.
          Elara smiled as the tears fell, "You liked the part where you flew did you." A small laugh escaping her lips as she repeated what Deimos had said.
          "I was so worried about you in that moment - and all you can say...is that you enjoyed flying!" Elara said with an exasperated laugh. "Lets not do that again okay....I can't lose you too." The pale foodhog stated calmly.
          Deimos flickered frantically in agreement, floating into the air once again to sit within the curl of Elara's protective tail.

Last edited by starry--knight on Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 25 times in total.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghoulbites » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:33 pm

You think
You can take me on? Come at me, I got fists o' fury
Don't let my face trick you. I'm 100% Pure BAMF! ~ Oliver

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

bearRivkah
Art by poffydog @ dA.
Icon by Vaughn
Oliver belongs to me
Lazy sig is still lazy

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
ghoulbites

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:50 pm

friendly bump! -also is there clarification for when this ends? -

Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ovacalix » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:58 am

final bump - ends june 25th!

okidoki, because it was requested and the end date is probably going to be a lot better for me, I've decided to give a three-day extension. So in stead of closing it for judging it on the 25th, I will close it for new forms on the 25th, and current forms will have until the 28th to complete their entries!
he/him | adult | artist and dork
inactive - if you need to get in contact with me, I am on dA
♦| best friend | ♦ | boombox |♦

Ovacalix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:18 am

At what time will this comp close mute?
I am currently at work, and just wanted to ask (:
Might try for some more art if this doesn't end till later this evening, but if it ends sooner I just want a heads up (:

Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ovacalix » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:01 am

I'll close these comps at midnight tonight.

There was some trouble with my luggage on the flight though so judging will be delayed, but you guys have until midnight EST to finish ^^
he/him | adult | artist and dork
inactive - if you need to get in contact with me, I am on dA
♦| best friend | ♦ | boombox |♦

Ovacalix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me