All True Creatures - An Irish Book Tribute

"All True Creatures - An Irish Book Tribute" by Freezair

Dressup entry

All True Creatures - An Irish Book Tribute

Postby Freezair » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:03 am

For St. Patrick's Day, I thought I'd do up a little tribute to one of my favorite books of all time. But this isn't just some random tribute! This book is actually about Irish mythology, and when I was a child, it got me interested in all things Celtic.

The book is called The Hounds of the Morrigan, by Pat O'Shea. It's about a boy named--of course--Patrick (but most people call him Pidge) and his little sister Brigit. Patrick discovers an ancient serpent, Olc-Glas, sealed inside an old book, and the Irish goddess of war, the Morrigan, wants to steal that serpent and use it to make herself invincible. But the God of Good, Dagda, sends Pidge and Brigit on a quest to discover a drop of the Morrigan's blood, spilled by the legendary hero Cuchulain, which they can use to destroy the serpent themselves so she can never use it. They are aided in their quest through Tir na nOg by all true creatures.

This dressup features Pidge and Brigit's fox friend Cooroo, their pigeon friend Raidarc, the message candies that they use to communicate with their allies in secret, the magic nuts that give them gifts they need to get through problems, the kite that they fly on, the safe house where they shelter from a blizzard, and the shadow of one of the titular Hounds.
Freezair

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me