Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Rocky Foxes Nursery by salmondragon

Based on Click to view
Artist salmondragon [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Rocky Foxes Nursery

Postby salmondragon » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:28 am

heMain ThreadheheArchivehe

Rocky Foxes are mountainous foxes that live in very rocky or mountainous areas like northern Canada, the Himalayas, Russia or Scandinavian Countries. They are very friendly, and easily domesticated. All Rocky Foxes have a long fluffy tail, and like a snow leopard, they will wrap it around themselves to keep themselves warm. Domesticated ones have been found to try and look after their human or even animal companions by curling around them and wrapping their tail around them. They come in natural colours like white or brown, and usually have very distinct markings.

This species is realistic, but obviously in roleplay etc they are sentient and can speak to each other like any other character would. You are free to do what you like with them, as long as it follows the rules and you do not edit the design, steal/claim the species as your own and sell it/trade it etc

How does breeding work?

How do they work?

In breeding, the artist numbers and 'rolls' for traits. One roll per trait per parent, per pup (its a lengthy process)
The number of pups you get determines what number (out of 2) is rolled. A minimum of two for parents owned by different people, minimum of 1 for parents owned by the same person.
1 in 5 chance of getting a common trait from an RF.
1 in 10 chance of getting an uncommon trait from an RF
1 in 20 chance of getting a rare trait from an RF
1 in 30 chance of getting a very rare trait form an RF
1 in 50 chance of getting a random mutation, not inherited through parents.

I.e
Rolled for 2 pups.
Father; Round pupil(1), different ears(4, no mane(19).
Mother; Heterochromia (sectoral, 3), backfur(8)

The traits are then rolled for;
Pup 1 -
Round pupil; rolled a 3 (failed)

Pup 2
Round pupil; rolled a 1 (success)

This determines that pup 1 does not get a round pupil (so they would get oval), and pup 2 gets their father's trait.
And the same would be done for the other traits.

The artist would then roll to see which pup gets a mutation.

Roll are done on this random number picker website

If both parents have the same trait, all pups will get that trait.
Last edited by salmondragon on Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
salmondragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Nursery

he Rules he

You must fill out the appropriate form in the post below when asking for a breeding.
You cannot ask for specific traits, gender or try to 'customize' the adopt after or before it is made.
There is a two week 'cool down' between breedings of RF owned by two different users, a 3 week cool down if owned by 1 user.
pleaseDo not try to abuse this as I will be keeping personal tabs on who breeds when with who.
pleaseIf you'd like to know how long you've got left of your cooldown, please message me.
You do not have to grow* your RF yourself, you are allowed to get others or ask myself to do it as long as the design is not altered in anyway*
please*You can grow your RF at any time
please* the design may be simplified slightly but must still be recognizable against the pup version.
You can put these up for adoption, gift* them or keep them or trade* them
please*Please tell me when you are going to do this and tell me who they are going to/who you are receiving. You may also only trade for another RF
In the case of a breeding between two different users, please provide evidence* of both users agreeing to a breeding
please*as in screenshot or the other user replying to the post saying it was agreed on or some other means
Do not create your own RFs, they must be created by an artist
pleaseif an artist is doing their own breeding they must get another artist to do it
1 litter per user(pairing).
pleaseSo even if there is two of you, you both are un able to ask for another breeding until the breeding is complete. The same applies if there is only one user involved.
Do not complain if you do not get all the traits/any traits from the parents.
You can only try for one orphan at a time however.
Last edited by salmondragon on Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:09 am, edited 7 times in total.
salmondragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Nursery

Breeding between two different users

Code: Select all
[b]Mother's Owner's profile link[/b];
[b]Link to mother's page[/b];
[b]Left or right pup?[/b];

[b]Father's Owner's profile link[/b];
[b]Link to father's page[/b];
[b]Left or right pup?[/b];

[b]Proof of agreement[/b]:

Breeding with two of your own

Code: Select all
[b]Link to your profile[/b];
[b]link mother's page[/b];
[b]link father's page[/b];
Last edited by salmondragon on Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
salmondragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rocky Foxes Nursery

Postby salmondragon » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:27 am

he Orphans he

Sometimes, RF pups get separated from their parents, or their parents die, however, RFs are often very friendly towards orphan pups and will take them in as their own. Same-sex couples are the usual ones to do this, although sometimes couples who can breed will adopt anyway. Sometimes humans will just adopt them and they will be raised without parents, or they may be raised by single parents.

Orphans can be adopted by anyone, and you don't have to own an RF already to get one.

You can only try for one orphan at a time however.

Usually, pups may have permanent/temporary scars or burns on them, but not always. These may fade or disappear when they are grown, but some scars may stay forever.
salmondragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me