Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Micki's Lab- Species KUQ by Micki.

Artist Micki. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 53 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Micki's Lab- Species KUQ

Postby Micki. » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:54 am

Honestly, I hate the way this turned out. I really cannot draw at all. My shading also sucks. <.< But maybe some of you might find this species cool. Please comment and send PMs telling me what you think! <3

I'm writing a series about a lab and the experiments they do and what those experiments create. This was one of the species they created. I'll be drawing more of the species they created soon. ;3

Species KUQ

This was a cross between raccoon, fish, snake, and wolf DNA. The scientists were trying to create a more efficient guard dog. The wolf for the size and main looks, the raccoon for the night vision and nocturnal instincts to stay awake at night, the fish for spikes, and the snake for venom, fangs, and a long tongue used to scent better. However, a fellow scientist bumped into the scientist in charge as he was adding the raccoon DNA, causing the raccoon DNA to overwhelm most of the other DNA.

This experiment may be a mistake, but it was decided to make the best of it. It maintains the size, ears, and paws of a wolf, the body/overall basic looks of a raccoon, spikes and sails of the fish, and the venom, tongue, fangs, head, and tail of the snake. The tail of this species is supposed to be feather-like in appearance, but it is a cross between the head and tail of a snake.

The scientists altered this species with several different sets of eyes (the things on the back legs and on the face) in hopes that they would see better, but things did not work out as planed. Instead, they made the creature loose complete sight in all eyes, even the eyes of the snake head on the tip of their tail. Because of this, the scientists had to increase their hearing and sense of smell (hence the sensors in the second set of nostrils and second set of inside ears). They also left the creatures toe-less because they believed it would help their efficiency if they couldn't get something stuck in between their toes.

Scientists also put metal underneath their paw pads to decrease their venerability and sensitivity. Because both fish and reptiles are cold blooded, they had to add a heating pad underneath the creatures skin. It was not supposed to be visible, but it is. The creatures are often moody and violent, so to avoid any more casualties scientists also added a small mood gauge to tell which creatures needed to be left alone and which could be handled.

Adoptables:

• Red Dot means the owner will be chosen randomly.
• Yellow Dot means the owner will be the first one to post saying they want it.
• Blue Dot and a watermark covering the image means the pet is a custom that has not been paid for yet.
• Black Dot means it's a custom that's already been paid for.
• Green Dot means it revolves around a small contest-type thing.
• Purple Dot means the owner will be chosen based on creativity.
No Dot means it's already taken.
I'll be making some designs of these guys for free, but I'll also be selling customs if anyone is interested. The customs can be paid for with wishlist pets or uncommon/rare/very rare pets from 08/09/10 that I don't already have.
If enough people like these then I'll also be offering breeding for the same price as customs. ;3

Timer is: Off. I dunno how much, but it's off.
Art/Species/Lab (c): Me.
I'd tell you not to steal, but I honestly don't think they're even worth stealing. <.<
    x
    Micki • she / her • slytherin • shy n stressed
    young adult • college student • EST timezone

BLM donation adopts !!

sig forever a wip bc lazy
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Micki's Lab- Species KUQ

Postby . Delirium . » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:04 pm

I hope you make some! :3 They're cute! :D
~Shawna
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Delanie's Box wrote:▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Caffine is my blood.

ImageImage

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
. Delirium .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Micki's Lab- Species KUQ

Postby Micki. » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:20 pm

Lol thankies, but these are old. I'll make a few for you if you'd like, though.
    x
    Micki • she / her • slytherin • shy n stressed
    young adult • college student • EST timezone

BLM donation adopts !!

sig forever a wip bc lazy
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups