Sleeping Beauty?

"Sleeping Beauty?" by Vermilion Ink

Dressup entry

Sleeping Beauty?

Postby Vermilion Ink » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:54 am

The table was full of laughter as the diners shared gossip on current events.
"My prince proposed to me last Sunday!" Squealed Princess Rose. "We were taking a walk
through Father's garden, and he dropped to one knee right in front of my favorite rosebush!"
"That's sooo romantic!" Sighed Princess Melody.
"Congratulations, James and I are going to celebrate our anniversary this weekend. " Princess
Catherine cooed, fingering her wedding ring. The table suddenly went silent and their eyes landed
on Princess Ryn, quietly picking dirt from underneath her nail.

"When are you going to get a guy Ryn?" Princess Melody inqured innocently. Ryn disliked her the
least, but that didn't change the fact that she had the IQ of a small rock. She shrugged and went
of working on her nail, but when Princess airhead didn't change her look of expectant innocence
she sighed and took her feet off the table. "I'm not interested." Melody looked confused. "But...
don't you want to find your true love?"
"Not at the moment, and possibly not ever. It never really appealed to me."
"She just needs to find the right man." Princess Rose said. "Someone... special. Like you." Ryn
burned with anger under the princesses apraising gaze. She was no doubt taking in her half
shaved head and black painted nails. "Who asked you?" Ryn snarled.

Princess Catherine decided to intervene. "Now dears, no need to act unladylike. I'm sure Ryn just
needs time. I've always said it's best to be friends first, and the let nature take it's course. You
haven't met anyone interesting lately?" Gross. "No, not besides the lunatic that broke into my
tree house and nearly killed my dog." Kai, her wolf mix was napping at her feet. Ryn reached
down and scratched behind his ears. "Really?" Gasped Melody, all three princesses had their full
attention on her. "Yeah really, I was fast asleep. I keep at mattress at my tree house for when it
gets late and I don't feel like taking the trek home. My parents are cool about it." All eyes were on
her, and though it made her uncomfortable, she kind of enjoyed the attention. "I woke up and there he was, climbing through the window, sword and all. Naturally I screamed, and my good boy here had him backed into a corner by the time I got to my knife. The guy was going nuts! Swinging his sword and ranting something about saving the princess from the evil shape-shifter. I had to call Kai off before he got his ears cut off. And you wouldn’t believe what happened next! He had the gall to such forward and throw me over his shoulder! He was still screaming about saving my life, but when he felt my blade on his neck he shut up real quick. I told him off and when I released him he left, silent as a lamb. He was obviously touched but at least he knew when enough was
enough."

“Now why did you do that?” Catherine whined.
“Excuse me?”
“He was just trying to save you, you should have congratulated him for his bravery!”
“Save me from what? My pillow? Are you crazy?!”
“Well! What do you expect? A lady your age gallivanting about the forest. Alone, covered in mud,
and in the company of such a beast! He must have assumed the worst. You’re lucky someone
cared enough to check in on you. It’s obvious your father doesn’t!”
“How dare you!” Ryn didn’t know what else to say, her grip on her chair tightened. Catherine took
her silence as permission to go on.
“I don’t know why you are being so ungrateful, it’s obvious Edward had your best intentions in
mind.” Suddenly her face fell, heat rose to Ryn’s face.
“Edward?”
“I-I mean his name could be..”
“Oh my gosh it was you! You put him up to this!” Catherine seemed to regain her confidence, and
straightened in her chair, outraged. “Well what did you expect us to do? I thought that once you
saw that someone actually cared for you, you’d come to your senses. But obviously we were
wrong, you are still an ignorant little girl!”
“Us! You were all in on it were you?”
“We were concerned you’d been brainwashed by your father. If you didn’t want true love then he wouldn’t have to worry about his little girl leaving him!” Rose interjected. “Yeah, you don’t have to believe what he says!” Melody piped up.
“How dare you say such things about my father! I respect him, but that doesn’t mean he rules my life. I make my own choices on what’s best for me! And since when is falling for someone who nearly killed your best friend a good choice?”

The Princesses started to argue again.
“How can you be so ungrateful!”
“”We were only trying to help!”
“You’ll see, one day you’ll see”
But Ryn didn’t hear them, she was already marching toward the door.
“You shouldn’t call such a beast your friend!”
She paused, her hand on the handle. He voice dropped to a low, scathing growl. “Don’t you ever try something like this again, or i’ll show you who the real beast is.” And with that she left the room, leaving the shocked princesses behind her, their ignorant assumptions unchanged.

Moral: Sometimes people are jerks, they won't like who you are. They may even try to change you. Don't listen to them. In the end you usually know what's best for you, and you should never let someone change who you are."

You are beautiful! Thanks for reading. <3

Last bumped by Vermilion Ink on Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:54 am.
Vermilion Ink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me