Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Snow by Samael_3

Artist Samael_3 [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Snow

Postby Samael_3 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:36 am

It is finally snowing so I decided to draw this, but I am probably going to regret posting this though cause its really bad. Criticism is allowed and if you can give me some tips that would be helpful.
ImageImage
Samael_3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Snow

Postby pikianoa » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:44 am

i have no tips for this cause it is perfect! way better than i could ever do!
"We don't make mistakes; we just have happy little accidents."-Bob Ross.
" I like you just the way you are."-Mr. Rogers.
"The more you find out about the world, the more opportunities there are to laugh at it."-Bill Nye.
Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Learn.
pikianoa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MusicOverMatter » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:46 am

First off, don't be soon hard on yourself! Having an awareness of your skill level is good, but it's important to enjoy your art at whatever level you're at. :)

The colors and technique you used on the skirt is really pretty, it has such a dreamy, playful look to it. I really like it!

The one thing I would definitely say for anyone is try studying anatomy. Learn about to curves of the head and neck and shoulders. It will start out not making any sense and looking weird, but after that awkward stage you'll start to have something that looks human! ^.^

Don't be afraid to experiment and make your humans bigger and more detailed. Smaller is good for basic shapes, bigger helps you to get the meaning of the shapes.

Another thing that helped me a lot was doing little sketches in real life. I worked as a cashier and when things were slow I'd whip out a pen and rip off some clean receipt paper and just start drawing! The early attempts were... laughable. But they got good! I even started posting them on Deviantart 'cause I liked them so much!

Lastly, keep an eye on things you like from your favorite artists. I'm not saying rip them off by copying their pieces, but for example if you like the way one person does their eyes, try doing it that way until you hit a technique you are comfortable with. Eventually your art will become it's own style, and inspirational will start to come from you!

Keep it up! There's no magic that's gonna shoot you straight to where you want to be, but as cliche as it is: practice makes perfect!
MusicOverMatter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapphic psychic » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:48 am

MusicOverMatter wrote:First off, don't be soon hard on yourself! Having an awareness of your skill level is good, but it's important to enjoy your art at whatever level you're at. :)

The colors and technique you used on the skirt is really pretty, it has such a dreamy, playful look to it. I really like it!

The one thing I would definitely say for anyone is try studying anatomy. Learn about to curves of the head and neck and shoulders. It will start out not making any sense and looking weird, but after that awkward stage you'll start to have something that looks human! ^.^

Don't be afraid to experiment and make your humans bigger and more detailed. Smaller is good for basic shapes, bigger helps you to get the meaning of the shapes.

Another thing that helped me a lot was doing little sketches in real life. I worked as a cashier and when things were slow I'd whip out a pen and rip off some clean receipt paper and just start drawing! The early attempts were... laughable. But they got good! I even started posting them on Deviantart 'cause I liked them so much!

Lastly, keep an eye on things you like from your favorite artists. I'm not saying rip them off by copying their pieces, but for example if you like the way one person does their eyes, try doing it that way until you hit a technique you are comfortable with. Eventually your art will become it's own style, and inspirational will start to come from you!

Keep it up! There's no magic that's gonna shoot you straight to where you want to be, but as cliche as it is: practice makes perfect!

agreeing with this very much.
don't be so harsh on yourself. you're really quite talented, even if you don't see it. if this isn't where you want to be, you can work there! take chances, make mistakes! quoting the wise words of ms. frizzle.
she/he/they | (disney) adult | perpetually tired | wyll lover
━━━ ❧ ━━━━━━━━━━━━
sapphic psychic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Pen and Ink* » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:04 am

The skirt and background is beautiful, like a sparkly dream land, tips for drawing anatomy, draw what looks like a skeleton to start out just about, not detailed like a real bone structure, but a structure, then play with it and see what you like, make the arms big or the head small, be creative!! your already doing a fabulous job, you will go far!!
*Pen and Ink*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me