Ask Cecil Winter Event! by Panne

Based on Click to view
Artist Panne [gallery]
Time spent 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Ask Cecil Winter Event!

Postby Panne » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:59 pm

I wanted to give people a chance to get some snowflakes without having to dedicate to a stream, since I know that isn't really some peoples fortes. So, here is a fun little activity that everyone can enjoy, plus you get a little reward!

Cecil loves helping people learn about his species, so he is opening up to questions concerning anything about Aphelios. You can ask about planets, mating, habits, traits, etc. Every question is welcome! Each question will earn you 3 snowflakes, and you can ask a maximum of 3 questions for snowflakes. You are, of course welcome to ask more, but you will not be rewarded further. If Cecil particularly likes a certain question enough, he will give an extra snowflake or two for your efforts. If you write a short story or draw a sketch of either your Aphelio or you asking Cecil a question, you will be rewarded with 6 snowflakes! However, you only get awarded for this once. That means you can potentially earn 12 snowflakes!

I will try to answer with quick sketches of cecil, though I can't promise all of them will be like that depending on my schedule.

This ask thread will be open until a week before the shop closes, on January 5th.

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ask Cecil Winter Event!

Postby magpie! » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:17 am

Lilo approaches Cecil slowly and gives him a patient smile.

“Hello there! My name's Lilo. I was wondering how exactly he orb combination process of Aphelio mating works?” Lilo shifts his weight then speaks again.

“Also… since the two parent’s orbs are identical after the process, is the child’s orb the same too? Thank you!”
they/them
magpie!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Con-fused » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:23 am

Yrd! Snowflakes!

Hi Cecil! I have two questions for you:

1. Well, so since Aphelios are technically aliens, have there been any incidents on Earth where people or countries' governments saw an Aphelio and thought that they were a threat to their/the countries' safety?
  2. How do Aphelios commonly communicate and share things with other Aphelios long-distance, like their equivalent of calling or texting on earth? I mean, after all, they all are in charge of their own planets/universes/stars/etc., so they aren't exactly within shouting distance of each other.

I'm going to do a lil story later on for my third question, but in the meantime have these questions 8^)

"It was a strange
happiness that was
sometimes so big
that it felt like
sadness."---
Lights off

art credit: x x
viscet adopts
Con-fused

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TipsyBearTender » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:51 am

A blue Aphelio approaches towards Cecil, the blue furry creature smiles and sits down.
"Hi there my name is Blue. I was wondering if you could clear some of my doubts about our species.... Well it goes"

1. "I've heard about this planet called earth that is not to far from ours as I understand. There some tall two legged creatures with nontail live there...humans perhaps? There have been interactions between the species but how do we communicate with them... How do we sound for them? And how do they sound for us?"

2. "Are or could Aphelios be a sub species of an earth species? Or one of them be a sub species from us? How if so?"

3. "How and where would Aphelios live in non-civilized conditions? Would we be wild animals?"

"Thanks"
TipsyBearTender

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenlittlesoldierboys » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:49 am

A yellow-ish brown Aphelio approaches. His red eyes shining like stars at night. With a wide, friendly smile on his mouth he begins to speak:

And next to him another Aphelio appears. He seems kinda shy and almost a little lonely, obviously not so sure if he should dare to speak or not. There's a minute of silence, but then a soft smile appears on the mouth of the other one.

the sun to my moon ☀️🌕
they/them or he/him
teacher and writer from Austria
die-hard horror enthusiast
computer game obsessed
literature, film & tv-nerd
Viscets - toyhouse
tenlittlesoldierboys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panne » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:58 am

bitterpigeon wrote:
Lilo approaches Cecil slowly and gives him a patient smile.

“Hello there! My name's Lilo. I was wondering how exactly he orb combination process of Aphelio mating works?” Lilo shifts his weight then speaks again.

“Also… since the two parent’s orbs are identical after the process, is the child’s orb the same too? Thank you!”

"Oh!... Um...
    Well you see, mixing orbs is a very intimate act. Even though they aren't hidden, we Aphelios do not really... pay much attention to each others orbs until we form a bond with someone. So the act of mixing orbs, well, it's pretty important. It's essentially like.. erm.. its very close to human marriage, I guess? Mixing orbs is actually taking each parents world and creating a new world from those.
    When the Couple mates and has children, the orb will not be the same as the parents, but it will be somewhat similar. In fact, each offspring, if there is more than one, will have a slightly different variant." +4 flakes!

shimmer~star wrote:Yrd! Snowflakes!

Hi Cecil! I have two questions for you:

1. Well, so since Aphelios are technically aliens, have there been any incidents on Earth where people or countries' governments saw an Aphelio and thought that they were a threat to their/the countries' safety?
  2. How do Aphelios commonly communicate and share things with other Aphelios long-distance, like their equivalent of calling or texting on earth? I mean, after all, they all are in charge of their own planets/universes/stars/etc., so they aren't exactly within shouting distance of each other.

I'm going to do a lil story later on for my third question, but in the meantime have these questions 8^)

"I've definitely heard of mixed experiences concerning the human government. I, personally have not had any bad experiences, but thats probably because of my... gentler appearance. I've heard of other 'odd looking' Aphelios giving humans a small scare. I think, for the most part, humans are quick to accept us due to our canine like appearance, though!

Aphelios can communicate using their antennas. Its sort of like.. a radio thing? e can't exactly 'talk' through it, but we can send different signals to let others know things. We can send distress signals if we're in trouble, or we can let another Aphelio know that we miss them. Once the receiving Aphelio picks up on those signals, they can travel to meet up and continue the exchange. I hope that makes sense, its sort of complicated to explain!!" +7 flakes!

NightSouls wrote:A blue Aphelio approaches towards Cecil, the blue furry creature smiles and sits down.
"Hi there my name is Blue. I was wondering if you could clear some of my doubts about our species.... Well it goes"

1. "I've heard about this planet called earth that is not to far from ours as I understand. There some tall two legged creatures with nontail live there...humans perhaps? There have been interactions between the species but how do we communicate with them... How do we sound for them? And how do they sound for us?"

2. "Are or could Aphelios be a sub species of an earth species? Or one of them be a sub species from us? How if so?"

3. "How and where would Aphelios live in non-civilized conditions? Would we be wild animals?"

"Thanks"

"Ooh ooh! Humans are super adorable, I love them to bits! We are a very intelligent species, so we can pick up on things very fast. Human languages are so simple, anyways. Even a young Aphelio could grasp most human languages within a month or so. Adults have a much easier time naturally, and can be speaking fluently in a matter of a week. Of course, Aphelios have a wide range of intelligence, so there are those at the low end of the spectrum that can't grasp human languages very well.. They, along with Aphelios who simply have no interest in other languages, prefer to communicate through body language, similar to domesticated dogs.

I do not believe that we have any connection to anything on earth, nor they to us.

As I explained earlier, Aphelios have a wide range of intelligence. The average Aphelio, while used to seclusion and self reliance, would most likely find a group of two or three others to survive with, creating shelter and whatnot. Other Aphelios would most likely behave very similar to Earth's wild animals. This is all theoretical, of course, because there is almost no way that we could possibly be stuck in uncivilized conditions long term, since we can simply go back to our planets. " +11 flakes!

tenlittlesoldierboys wrote:
A yellow-ish brown Aphelio approaches. His red eyes shining like stars at night. With a wide, friendly smile on his mouth he begins to speak:

And next to him another Aphelio appears. He seems kinda shy and almost a little lonely, obviously not so sure if he should dare to speak or not. There's a minute of silence, but then a soft smile appears on the mouth of the other one.

"I can't speak for every Aphelio, but I can't stress enough that humans are so adorable and fascinating!! I think what tends to pull us to earth is the fact that no Aphelio has control over it. It's quite a mystery to us, and we love it. Some Aphelios also love adventure, and seek out exciting new planets.

Actually, an Aphelio couple could theoretically have infinite children. However, that has never happened, and it probably never will. You see, right before the parent orbs combine, the genes are sent to the child(ren). this allows unique orb combinations that are similar to the parents. Usually there are 1-3 offspring!" +9 flakes!
Last edited by Panne on Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TipsyBearTender » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:13 am

Pleased by hearing all the answers, Blue smiles. Suddenly, another doubt hits her.

"Sorry to ask this silly thing but, can different gender Aphelios breed? It's not my case but there are many sexualities that could use this answer. Do the orbs have a "gender" if you talk about when they blend in make another one?"
Thanks
TipsyBearTender

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panne » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:32 am

Unfortunately Im out of my house so I wont be able to sketch answers for a little while!

NightSouls wrote:Pleased by hearing all the answers, Blue smiles. Suddenly, another doubt hits her.

"Sorry to ask this silly thing but, can different gender Aphelios breed? It's not my case but there are many sexualities that could use this answer. Do the orbs have a "gender" if you talk about when they blend in make another one?"
Thanks

"Any combinations of genders can breed! There are many genders out there, and since Aphelio biology is different from humans, any combination of genders is possible to breed! Poly relationships are certainly welcome as well, but Panne told me that for the sake of practicality, only two parents may breed at a time.

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucas. » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:52 am

a quick question popped into my mind, so i hope it's fine if i ask cecil! c:

i know there's a potion for growing your aphelio up if they're a pps, but is there a way to make a grown aphelio into a pps?
i've essentially quit when it comes to most cs things. i'll visit for events to gift away pets but that's about all. however, i may be on for adopts/etc.

current status: probably active.
lucas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panne » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:01 am

lucas. wrote:
a quick question popped into my mind, so i hope it's fine if i ask cecil! c:

i know there's a potion for growing your aphelio up if they're a pps, but is there a way to make a grown aphelio into a pps?

"We do have special items to do this! I will ask Panne about having it added, shw may have forgotten. (she seemed a little sleepy when she was pulling items out from the back)" +3 flakes!

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items