Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Tiny Horses Artist Comp - CLOSED by Merlin's Heir

Based on Click to view
Artist Merlin's Heir [gallery]
Time spent 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Tiny Horses Artist Comp - CLOSED

Postby Merlin's Heir » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:13 am

Merlin's Heir wrote:I have something of a not-so-good announcement to make.

I realized today that I've opened this artist search a bit too prematurely. Tiny Horses V.2 has only just started back up again, and I don't think it would be a good idea to add in new artists before I can get everything into a good rhythm. Tiny Horses needs to settle into its new pace before I can think about bringing new people into the team. Not that there's anything wrong with more artists. It's simply that, in this early stage of V.2, I'm juggling a ton of stuff all at once ― fixing new issues that arise, trying to fix up a Christmas event, working out all the kinks, and so on ― and throwing in another thing to juggle wouldn't be good for Tiny Horses (or me) at this time. I'm really, really sorry, but I'm going to have to close this artist comp.

However, there is a bright side. As a "consolation prize," everyone who has entered gets a semi-custom of sorts. Choose one of your normal/unusual/unnatural (sorry, no magicals) entries, and I will make a Tiny Horse based off of the design (not exactly the same, but very similar) for you. They will all be Standards, but you get to choose the gender and which of your entries you want your semi-custom's design based off of.

PM me your choice, and, once you have all chosen, I will release them all under the same litter (to make things simpler).

Tiny Horse Artist Search
I'm looking for one or two artists to help me out with Tiny Horses (link above in the banner), my adoptable. If you'd like to be part of the Tiny Team (as a Tiny Artist), here's your chance! First, make sure you read the Tiny Horse info (click on the banner) and contest rules below. Then go create your tiny entries!
Only one Tiny Horse type will be used for contest entries - the Standard type. Also, the foal ("litter cover") is not included. This is just to make thing simpler.

Rules
-- Entries are not to be used as real Tiny Horses (except the ones awarded as prizes)
-- Do not steal/use lines for anything but this contest
-- You need to read all the info and rules on the main thread (click the banner) before you enter
-- At least three entries per person (one normal, one unusual, one unnatural), but you can do more if you like
-- You can, but are not required to, make a magical TH as well
-- It would help if you put your entries under a cover, so I can see all of your entries together
-- Don't enter if you won't have the time to adopt out Tiny Horses (doesn't take much time, though, since they're so tiny)
-- Have fun!

Winning, End Date
Basically, if I pick you as a winner, you get to be an artist, and you can keep one of your entries as a custom if you want to. That's about it. It doesn't need to be super-complex. It's tiny.
For the end date... let's say January 14th. I may close it sooner or later, but if that happens I'll let everyone know beforehand.

Being a Tiny Artist
If you become a Tiny Artist, there are some things you'll be expected to do. Just so that everyone knows what that entails before they become an artist (we don't want any surprises, now, do we?), I'll list the Tiny Artist "duties" here. If you become a Tiny Artist, I'll PM you anything else you need to know ("top secret" stuff, y'know). So, here are the things you'll need to do if you become a Tiny Artist. You must...

-- Make at least two litters a week (unless you have a good excuse, i.e. vacation, family stuff, crisis, etc.)
-- Grow the foals of each litter after all foals are adopted or a week after the first foal is adopted
-- Be able to create unusual and unnatural Tiny Horses
-- Be an awesome Tiny Artist that contributes great tiny awesomeness to the Tiny Community
-- Being a breeding artist is optional; if you choose to do so, let me know and I'll give you more info on that
-- Creating/breeding magical THs is also optional
Last edited by Merlin's Heir on Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Merlin's Heir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tiny Horses Artist Comp

Postby Kiwilady » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:46 am

Mark
........ ...... ........................
Hi!
I'm Kiwilady but you can call me kiwi!
I am a qualified Vet Tech!
I am a horse kinda person who loves
science and drama!
Come Visit The New CWHR!
I have a flight rising, a howrse, an aywas and many other websites and i love offsite trading!
Kiwilady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby silver ~ » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:55 am

marky!
(links) not very active here anymore
silver ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:14 am

Entered!

OMG these are so fun to design!!
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

The Pumpkin Queen | ∑a∂ µa††er | DolphinGirl4Ever
Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Merlin's Heir » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:45 am

I have something of a not-so-good announcement to make.

I realized today that I've opened this artist search a bit too prematurely. Tiny Horses V.2 has only just started back up again, and I don't think it would be a good idea to add in new artists before I can get everything into a good rhythm. Tiny Horses needs to settle into its new pace before I can think about bringing new people into the team. Not that there's anything wrong with more artists. It's simply that, in this early stage of V.2, I'm juggling a ton of stuff all at once ― fixing new issues that arise, trying to fix up a Christmas event, working out all the kinks, and so on ― and throwing in another thing to juggle wouldn't be good for Tiny Horses (or me) at this time. I'm really, really sorry, but I'm going to have to close this artist comp.

However, there is a bright side. As a "consolation prize," everyone who has entered gets a semi-custom of sorts. Choose one of your normal/unusual/unnatural (sorry, no magicals) entries, and I will make a Tiny Horse based off of the design (not exactly the same, but very similar) for you. They will all be Standards, but you get to choose the gender and which of your entries you want your semi-custom's design based off of.

PM me your choice, and, once you have all chosen, I will release them all under the same litter (to make things simpler).
Merlin -- Adult Female -- Byzantine Catholic -- Engaged <3 -- Reader, Writer, Artist, Math Lover -- College Class of 2021 -- Tolkien
Adopted Characters wrote:ImageImageImageImageImage
New Camelot -- The Book of Equids -- Dark Frigate -- Sunrose Stables -- Aicale Castle
ImageImageImageImage
Edge of Eternity -- Mythos Stables -- Sky Afire -- Wind River Ranch
Merlin's Heir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tiny Horses Artist Comp - CLOSED

Postby Ruby-Skylark » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:50 pm

Don't stress about the contest, Merlin, if you're not ready, then you're not ready?
No one will get on your case, and you know that we all love you and your adopt so we're not going anywhere.
But if this reduces the amount of stress you're under, then that is a good thing *hug* :thumbup:
Ruby-Skylark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tiny Horses Artist Comp - CLOSED

Postby higgle » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:38 pm

Mark for when you open again!
a pathological people pleaser