Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Nano Tyranus by Tundra

Artist Tundra [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Nano Tyranus

Postby Tundra » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:55 pm

This is just the first of several Predator/Prey Species that are apart of Another race soon to join the CS community. Only little snip bits are known so far. No, This is NOT the race itself. This is one of the apex-predators of the world in which the species is based in. Little details about the species will be released with each reveal of another creature of the world. Though not all named will have refs, only the major creatures.

Species Name: Nano Tyranus - Toxic Rex
Species Orientation: Quadrupedal
Intelligence: Low, easily fooled, tunnel visioned
Habitat: Desert/Oasis biomes
Food Chain: Apex-predator, carnivore, largest carnivore in world
    Common Prey:
    The sentient species
    Others of its kind
    Triconarius - A trike/3-horn species, blade like spikes extending down back, on shoulders and apart of tail(Kentosaurus like?)
    Brontos - small size bronto, hydra like, 3 tails, 2 heads
    Dalamimus - A raptor spices, two tails, feathered
    Holotoranus - Small rex, carno size, large crest + horns like a trike
    Demimotis - A teradon/flying species, brightly colored
    many more small prey/pred species
Social habits: Males - Loners, Females - Packs of 3 not including young
Tamable: No(a feature to be implemented later on, but NONE of the large predators will be tamable)

Information: Nano Tyranus stands around 30 ft long and, 15 ft tall, larger then most trees in its main biomore.. Usually dark colors, shades of green/brown and red but always has a skull mask marking on the face. Rarely seen in shades of white or black. Moves around slowly but isn't to be taken lightly. Rising off its arms, it can reach speeds of up to 30 mph when perusing its target. Smart enough to know how to deal killing blows to any of the creatures within its diet. It also consumes little water, seeming to not need it despite its massive size. When threatened by another predator/being hunted by a creature of any sort; it will release a massive gaseous cloud around it. Throwing its head and shaking its body to disperse the cloud a distance from its body. This cloud slowly kills the offender, dry downing them within minuets. Unless its another of the Nanos species, in this case it will fight to the death. Upon death, the creature will expel all gas within its body, the area at is death remaining contaminated for days after death. However, if one manages to kill the rex quickly, it is unable to do this.

Situations like this is often how the bones are obtained by the sentient species within the area. Its hide is extremely thick, little flesh actually existing beyond the hide itself. When the creature is harvested, the meat itself must cure for 3 days before finally being able to be consumed, either cooked or raw. Sentient creatures avoid the head, ribcage and back meat to ensure they do not consume the toxin hidden within the bones. The other predator species of the area wont touch the meat, leaving it to slowly rot away leaving only the husk of the flesh and bones.

Hunting tips: Avoid..Just avoid, don't even try. If attempting to kill this creature, kill quick. Weak point near the neck, and behind the skull. Run if rex begins spraying its toxin. To pierce its hide, one has to use their blade well, or their claw precisely, slipping between the scales to actually wound the flesh. Threat zones consist of its mouth, teeth, front arm claws, and back.
ImageImageImageImageImage
To re-size your pet groups to show more pets on a single, add this &pageSize=(# per page here) to the end of your groups URL
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Nano Tyranus

Postby HappySpider » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:58 pm

I can't wait until this is finished!
I like video games, horses, wolves, dragons, Pokemon, cookies...om nom.
HappySpider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mortikat » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:53 am

owo This is what I think it is, ehehehehe.
Signature under construction.... Hard hat required
Mortikat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tundra » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:48 pm

Mortikat wrote:owo This is what I think it is, ehehehehe.

Slowly but surely yes, and your the only one that KNOWS what it is XD
To re-size your pet groups to show more pets on a single, add this &pageSize=(# per page here) to the end of your groups URL
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tundra » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:09 pm

Ok...so I didn't like my original design so I'm remaking it XD

Last bumped by Tundra on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:09 pm.
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me