Based on Click to view
Artist ElementStar [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

{{ RPW #900 - - winner! }}

Postby ElementStar » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:37 pm

---------- What is a RPW?
Well it’s easy, it’s a canine that both resembles a wolf and a dog, but prefers to be called wolf. It’s tail acts like a paintbrush, paint and all! Paint strangely grows from its fur and in order for the Paint Wolf to get rid of it; it needs to paint! They range around the size of your average Labrador, and come in many different colours, but not just of the Rainbow! They can be bright in colour, dark in colour, and even black, white and grey. They also come in albino colours, but that is extremely rare. Sometimes they even have powers with their paints, but it depends on how rare they are. Paint Wolf’s eat anything they feel like really, meat, fruit, fish; it’s all up to them! During mating season, the males will show off their paintings to attract a female to them. Their mateship is painting a picture together to show their love for each other is eternal and will mark each other their paint. The average litter size for a Paint wolf is 1-2 Pups. Also between the Paint Wolves there isn’t much of a gender difference.

RPW #900 is here!

[ Custom lineart - Sleek fur type with partial fluff - Torn dragon ears - Fan-out tail - Rare red-orange-yellow paint ]
[ UNIQUE TRAITS -- This RPW has unique vents lining it's sides! These vents radiate heat, and expel smoke from somewhere within the body. They are naturally warm, and the insides of their vents share the colors of their paint. ]

This RPW has a few different themes! And guess what B)
You're gonna have to use the themes in your forms.
This RPW is inspired by: "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" and fire!
They are unable to speak, their hearing is damaged, and their eyes cannot see like the average eye.
However, it is up to you to determine the details of their senses and just who they are.

ElementStar wrote:Sorry for the delay! I've been busy due to several factors, but I've finally judged this RPW.

There were only two completed forms, but it was interesting to see all of your ideas. ; o ;
The winner of this RPW is aviate!
The background and info was intriguing, and it's cool to see more characters who communicate with ASL. The art was lovely and connected to the given personality/info, and I thought that your ideas for their senses were very fitting.
I hope you enjoy Ves!

This will be a limited impress-me! You can have up to 1,500 words, and 7 pieces of art.
Extras are encouraged! Prettying up your form is allowed.
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]How do they communicate, if at all?[/b]

Feel free to PM me with questions!
End date is :: December 20th

bonus points if you ::
- add in how they see (colorblind, blind, sensitive to light, etc)
- add a story about their mouth stitches
- create or order art!
Last edited by ElementStar on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwe watch from the stars
ImageImage
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════╗
[ Just your friendly Element, here! I'm an aspiring digital artist, and
my work is mainly posted on my dA. Contact me there if you are
interested in my work! Art above by Peace&Colby and foreign.potato
Art below by Sixbane, Leodrolf, and TrollishTheTroll on DA ]
[ links tbd ]
ImageImage
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Image Image Image
ElementStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

burning.

Postby hypnowave » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:39 pm

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

x

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ come tell me ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

▰ ▰ ▰ Image

░░░░░░░░ to somebody way out there ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

username
aviate

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

x
x
name
vesuvius krakatoa faraday - 'ves'

personality
harmless - empathetic - faint-hearted - benevolent - diffident

way of communication
ves uses ASL as a method of communication,
as they cannot speak nor rely on their hear-
ing since it pains them greatly. they have a
functional, albeit limited eyesight. however,
since not many rainbow paint wolves under-
stand sign language, vesuvius will rely on
others to translate for them. when they're
alone, they tend to point at things and try
their best to convey things without words.
it's very inconvenient, but it's better than
nothing.

how they see
their eyes are sensitive to light as well as
being unable to discern red from green. it's
something they tend to think little about.

how they hear
they have limited hearing, loud noises sound
like static to their ears and often echo in
their head, making them very disoriented.

their history
no one knows where they came from except for themselves - they were literally 'born' from a volcano [ not mount vesuvius nor krakatoa, though ] and grew up wandering away from it. technically, they aren't biologically possible either; with their vents and such and because of how they are, it makes them wonder if magic brought them together somehow. it's also worth wondering if they're here for a reason, and they question this a lot on a daily basis despite how unnecessary it is.

anyways, their stitches were something they were given to 'shut them up' when they were young, though they barely remember this. they were discovered by an age-old pack when they were first 'born,' but they were then left to die when the pack believed that ves was a dark spirit or something, some sort of dark omen. being the wonderfully caring pack they were, they stitched vesuvius's mouth shut so they wouldn't be heard crying or howling, and left them to die. a lone wolf by the name of castor discovered them, thankfully, roughly a century ago. they were on the brink of dying, but castor nursed them as his own, as one of many wolves he helped out when they were lost. he couldn't get rid of their stitches, so he improvised with less solid foods, broth, and went his way to crush various foods for them, slowly nursing ves back to life.

ves didn't seem to grow in size under castor's wing. besides, castor didn't like the idea of having to keep this wolf with him any longer; the problem was that he couldn't communicate with the wolf as they aged. he never truly felt attached to vesuvius, who was still nameless by then. he simply didn't have the heart to abandon them after what he'd done to take care of them. fortunately, a wolf named ishmael stumbled into the story with a gunshot wound and was healed by castor. after some difficult small talk and healing, ishmael took the still young ves into his hands with two promises. castor brainwashed vesuvius, telling ishamel to promise not to say anything about castor. with that agreement, ishmael set off with sleeping, amnesiac ves, leaving castor in the woods relieved to be alone.

ishmael named the wolf vesuvius krakatoa faraday - the last name was his own, and the first and middle names came from what ves reminded him of the most - volcanoes. ves responded quickly to the name they were given, and soon settled in with ishmael in what was almost a normal apartment life.

x
    vesuvius today
    even now, vesuvius has a young mind. mentally, they're about fifteen years old, since their life pretty much only began when they were taken in by ishmael. physically, they do grow, but do so very, very slowly. they're already over a century old, like castor was, and only grew to teen size throughout the many decades they lived with castor through. it's no surprise that they barely grew an inch taller when they spent time with ishmael. when they talk about it, ishmael brushes ves off by saying it's just the way they are.

ishmael actively educates vesuvius and is considering signing them up to get homeschooled since neither he nor ves liked the idea of a public school. it turns out that ves is hugely interested in history and literature, though mathematics and physics were their weaker points. they are always looking out to learn about the world around them.

ves tries their hardest to socialize despite their disabilities, but they know their mouth being sewn together usually rings alarm bells in others' heads. because of this, they usually wear a mask that covers the lower half of their mouth. they do have hearing aids that they wear as well, but for the most part they prefer to just block out all sound and speak with their hands. to them, the only way to show people they're not talking is to shove their hands into their pockets. sign language is their saviour at best.

relationships

ishamel sees ves as a younger sibling both then and now. he's the one who taught ves how to read others' lips when they spoke and how to use sign language, something ishamel had to learn himself. wherever they go, vesuvius keeps close to ishmael since they greatly appreciate his help in translating. ves is the one person that ishmael truly trusts and would never dare to hurt. the feeling is mutual, actually, and vesuvius is very dependent on ishmael. when he isn't there, ves tends to panic, and trying to use sign language on others who don't understand it ends up being daunting. ves currently lives with ishmael in his small apartment, where ishmael tries to provide ves with what they would need to get used to living as a normal rainbow paint wolf.

vesuvius and castor never saw each other eye to eye back then. now, ves doesn't even remember the wolf that saved their life and nursed them back to health. when ves was on the lifeline, castor only took them in because he knew he wouldn't be able to live with the thought that he left an innocent wolf to die. the many decades - yes, decades they spent together didn't do anything. castor thought ves would grow older. they didn't. they seemed almost timeless, causing them both to remain apathetic towards how many days and nights were spent together. castor couldn't feel anything towards vesuvius, so when ishmael came to the picture, he wouldn't admit how much loss he finally felt after that, but the deed was already done.
Last edited by hypnowave on Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:12 am, edited 6 times in total.
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: {{ RPW #900 - - OPEN }}

Postby nightshyne » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:41 pm

Marking to watch. qvq
Ele, you've done a lovely job. <3

screw it
    - About 19; very young but still and an adult
    - Adopted brother to Ri
    - Colourblind; Ri helps him cope with being 'different'.
    - He speaks form his vents with a very raspy, scary sort of voice.
Last edited by nightshyne on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nightshyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kayynine » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:45 pm

mark aaa excited to make an entry
ause you're a sky full of stars
and I want to die in your arms
ImageImage

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

That night, the stars whispered to Mother Lynx ;
" Tonight you join those you love amongst the stars. "

xxxxxxxxxxxl i n k s ↓

my wild mountain equids ; my plumerians ; kayy's tolts

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
cause you get LIGHTER
the more it gets DARK!
kayynine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowseph » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:49 pm

Possible reserve?

Don't use the following ideas, please:
- doesn't see visible colors, but rather infrared (see this)
- can hear, but hard at hearing
- cryptogender? Maybe?
Last edited by Snowseph on Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snowseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxxbreath » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:55 pm

Username: Water Witch
Name: Me
Personality:
How do they communicate, if at all?

resss
she's so perfect for a concept i've had forever oh my goodness

constant ringing in ears, hearing muted because of this. Similar to pre-passing out.
Eyes bleach everything out as well, think of a flash grenade. Around negative energy, it blacks out (again, pre-pass out.
Communicates with eyes, very subtle emotion changes. Eye dialation, squinting, furrowing of brow, etc.

--

Love,
is a burning thing.
And,
it makes a fiery ring.

---
      name; Me
      not myself, not i. just me, with
      not a soul around except you

gender; cis feminine
      there's been no reason to call my-
      self (me) by anything but
Last edited by foxxbreath on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    ImageImage
    𝕭𝖊 𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖘𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖘 𝖕𝖊𝖔𝖕𝖑𝖊

𝕭𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖆 𝖌𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖒𝖆𝖓

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
foxxbreath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chimericect » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:20 am

Mark, probably won't try but here are my ideas ;w;

Eyes; sees in 'auras' of others.
      black aura would be a negative or bad RPW
      Light colors would both determine feelings and show you're good and trustworthy
      Dark colors would indicate you aren't a very good person/someone to be trusted

Ears hear

Voice is more telepathic with those he's close to, otherwise he just kinda talks to himself

Lives alone on an island with a volcano, where he seems to thrive

History wise he was genetically engineered to be warmer, but when they added in the 'gene' for his vents it destroyed his senses.

He would constantly screech and hiss rather than talk, so they stitched his mouth shut to help with the problem. Over time he adapted to this and somehow developed telepathy.
Last edited by Chimericect on Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chimericect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby found. » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:06 am

Lovely bab.
Mark!

==============
DA • commissions open !! for usd/points :>

hi there !! i'm found, and i like musicals (deh, hamilton, newsies, etc.) and music in general?? (the beatles, peach pit, the walters, the smiths, foreigner etc.)

i don't get on too much?? but don't be afraid to say hi i need friends : ))
==============
found.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nymx » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:18 am

Username:
Name:

- add in how they see
- add a story about their mouth stitches - eavesdropped and somehow hurt them and stitched his mouth
- create or order art!
nymx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ill » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:48 am

Username:
Name:

-Izelliane
-Sees by hitting objects; when they hit an object, objects appear in black and white for a short time
-"Speaks" by hitting objects/stomping/scratching surfaces in certain patterns
-Lives in Falmea's lodge; came from a Weather Factory
-Stitched mouth shut so she couldn't tell anyone about the important confidential info she knows about the Weather Factory
-Lost most of her hearing thanks to a factory accident
-Relationships:
-Falmea: Super close, Falmea has a crush on her but she's totally oblivious to it
-Areluu: They're scared of each other
-Venolea: They act super awkward around each other; Venolea doesn't know if she's a monster or nah so she doesnt know how to talk to her
Last edited by Ill on Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
>Nonbinary Lesbian with BPD and lots of others but I think I’m pretty nice. I like DnD and OCs. I am an adult also!
>I take a while to reply, please don't rush me...
>PM me for ways to contact me, I check this site for messages occasionally
>Leaving the site. Keeping ALL my characters... if our characters were shipped, either contact me on DA or I’m assuming they’re broke off
Ill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me