Aphelio #14 - Closed; Winner! by Panne

Based on Click to view
Artist Panne [gallery]
Time spent 53 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Aphelio #14 - Closed; Winner!

Postby Panne » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:47 am

Finally had time to color in another Aph! (and also oekaki was cooperating so xP)

I wanted to do some darker colors, but I kinda failed cause I added a lot of orange and red.. Ah well xD

I think I wanna make this one a writing contest. No form skeleton, just be sure to include Name and Gender in there somewhere.

I want to see your writing! It can be poems, a short story, a song(made by you!). Anything that you write! I want to see how well you can portray this Aphelios personality/history in under 500 words! You may pretty up your form if you wish, but I will be judging on creativity and ability to tell a story through wiritng nvn!

Ends November 14th @ rollover! Good luck!
Last edited by Panne on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Aphelio #14

Postby gyu » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:28 pm

I walked out of the house, the winter air blowing on my face. My cheeks were red and my hands were freezing. I shoved them into my jacket pockets. I was taking out Buster my dog that day, until he managed to tug the leash out of my hand, he went off barking running in the woods. ' Don't ya dare go inda' woods! ' Mum would say, she told me stories of these alien creatures she saw as a child.
I look around, when I knew it was clear I ran for Buster;

" Buster! Buster! " I yelled, I could hear howling in the distance. I smirked, and knew where he was at. The big oak I could see from my window pane. I panted and slipped in the frozen lake right in front of Buster, he woofed and looked up. I looked up and could see a black, and orange creature just like mum had told me about. " K-kill it! " I pointed at it and backed up, " K-khee! " it make a hiss like sound. Its tail lashing, my eyes followed the light that swung on its tail. I whistled softly, then after clicking my tongue, trying to create a sound to get its attention to call it over.

Its ears perked up and crawled near me, I make the same sound, it came closer then rubbed on my knees. " Daww, your nothing like mother said.. " I placed my hand on its back, then scratched it. It kicked its right leg, thumping it on the ground. I picked it up hugging it softly and rubbing my cheek against its fur. " Buster, come. " I walked home and took it into the back yard, its jumped on Buster trying to play roughly, Buster ran behind me and I giggled and grabbed the creature, I whispered " Welcome home, Avook. "
Last edited by gyu on Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
gyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ede » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:04 pm

OOH MARK
ede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chamomile. » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:36 am

Mark!
🔥 rowan/cham/tripp 🔪 he/him 🔪 not coming back 🔥

You can transfer/resell any designs i have made up to 2/22/22
x
x

chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenlittlesoldierboys » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 pm

One day, I was lonely. It happens quite often but there are some days where the loneliness feels like a dark curtain covering my sight. Like I am trapped in a room without a single window. When these times occur, I like to walk through the forest. I've always liked the forest, because it is full of beautiful creatures but it's still so calm.
    My favourite place lies in the middle of the forest. The trees clear and there's a place full of moss, mushrooms and tasty berries. I really enjoy going there during the day because nobody is disturbing my peace and all the forest dwellers keep me company. I share berries with the birds, the squirrel shares its nuts with me and I tell stories to the badger and the rabbit.
    But I especially love going there when the darkness comes and moon and stars guide my ways. In the night, when most creatures sleep, the forest only starts to live. The trees start to whisper and I can hear the fairies sing. At night I sit there and watch the stars pass by as the earth moves arount its orbit. At night I sit there and think about this universe and all the others that I've already been to.
    Just as I did this one day. While the sun was just about to disappear behind the hills I got lonely. Not because I had no one to talk... Earth is full of amazing creatures - small and big birds, cats and dogs, horses, sheep, pigs, cattle... sometimes loneliness comes from deep inside. Sometimes you need more than just one to talk, but I hadn't quite figured out what that was.
    While the last rays of the sun touched my fur I made my way to the forest. I could hear the creatures greeting me - the owl, the fox, the deer and even the woodpecker. I went on going to my favourite place but when I reached it the dark curtains still blocked my sight. I was lonely and not even my little forest friends could cheer my up.
    But then someone came. It was you. I've heard many stories about the human race. Their wars, their ghosts, their miracles, their kindness. I looked at you, you were surprised seeing me at first but maybe you've heard the stories about my kind, because you came, sat down near me and offered me a piece of nice tasting chocolate. We sat there in silence for a moment.
    Then suddenly you started talking, telling me random things about your life. And I listened and felt how the dark curtains lifted and loneliness was a word I might have known in the past.
    My name is Timothy, by the way. I hope you'll allow me to be your new companion.

the sun to my moon ☀️🌕
they/them or he/him
teacher and writer from Austria
die-hard horror enthusiast
computer game obsessed
literature, film & tv-nerd
Viscets - toyhouse
tenlittlesoldierboys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby madness, » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:19 pm

User: MaddieMoozle7

The young Aphelio wandered aimlessly about his planet. There was nothing to do here, except watch. Watch all the chaos. There was fire and volcanoes everywhere, going off at all times. No one knew when they would start erupting. They just would. You could just be sitting happily, not a care in the world, and then, BOOM! Lava shoots up out of the ground and up into the sky. Venom didn't like the planet that he ruled. There was too much fire. Everything was chaotic, and there were no other creatures to keep him company. He wanted to be on a planet that was mostly peaceful- with no flames or volcanoes, but with lots of things to do and someone to keep him company. After walking around for about an hour, Venom decided what he was going to do.

He was going to go to a different planet.

No more loneliness, no more chaos, just somewhere happy. Somewhere that he would like... his happy place. He packed up his stuff and began to travel around space, looking for the perfect planet.

The first planet that Venom came across was black and white striped. He landed on it and began to explore. All of the trees were made out of a blue jelly-like substance. The leaves were all pokey and there were ginormous insects everywhere. Some, which Venom found were the biggest, were even eating the strange trees. Venom tried to ignore all the weird things about this planet and focus on the good- but he just couldn't. So he went to explore more of space.

The next planet that Venom came across was a blue one with swirls everywhere. He went to that one, and once again, began to explore. There were many, many things on this planet- huge one-eyed creatures, things that he thought were other Aphelios but weren't, weird terrain. It wasn't the place for him. Venom was beginning to lose hope. Was there really such a place as a peaceful planet? He didn't think so, until, off in the distance, he saw a blue and white covered planet which was specked with green. This was by far the most interesting one. He went to explore it.

He landed in one of the green parts. The green stuff under his paws felt weird, but strangely wonderful. He wandered around some more. Wait- was that movement? It was. A tall, pink, skinny figure ran right in front of Venom. But that wasn't the only one- there were more. Hundreds. Thousands. Millions. He walked up to one. It looked down at him. At first, it looked frightened, but then, the creature picked him up and carried him to a large, open space. The creature lied down and motioned for Venom to come to it. He did. And then, the creature did something that he had never seen before. It began to stroke him, hug him, give him the attention he deserved. He had finally found his happy place.

Hehe, sorry that was so long. It was only 2 words below the limit. ._. But anyways, hope you liked it! :D Thanks for giving me a chance to win this Aphelio! He's so cute!! :D
madness,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellebore » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:50 am

Wip.
CHARACTER CLEAROUT
⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Please let me know if I overpay a lot in trades!! I probably don't know!
Only returning for trades
Chronically ill but sword in hand
Armed but warm-hearted

xxxxxxx about | my : sweets
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
playing HZD between naps ██████★
bats | flowers | moths ★█████
▬▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hellebore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➳ e m m e t t ➳

Postby Con-fused » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:58 pm

| male | demi-heterosexual | image credit |
btw the story is written from the perspective of his girlfriend <3

"Uh. . . " I say. He's standing in front of me with a huge blindfold and an even larger smile.

Emmett adjusts his glasses, a little nervous habit of his that I love. "You don't have to," he says sincerely. "I know it's weird, but I want this to be a surprise..." He looks at me in a hopeful way, and holds the thick black bandanna out towards me.

"Fine," I say, smiling at Emmett. "You know I trust you."

He grins back and leans forward to tie the bandanna around my head. His scent, a mixture of fresh baked goods and coffee, envelops me. I warn him playfully, "Make sure I don't fall on my face!"

"I won't," he murmurs sincerely. Gently guiding me with his nose, he leads me forward, occasionally voicing a warning.

I've been to this planet of his before, so I know we're probably walking in a pine forest, and the ground is covered with a soft, moss that's comfortable to walk on. I can see why this is Emmett's favorite planet, because not only is it comfortable on your paws, it's filled with tasty tidbits that he loves to incorporate into dishes for his dream restaurant.

I remember the day when he revealed that he had found and purchased a location for his little eatery- about a month earlier. Of course, we were both ecstatic about this, especially this was a long-time wish for Em, but sometimes I can't help but feel that due to all the preparations for it, we haven't been spending much time together.

And spending time with Emmett is my favorite thing in all the universes.

My thoughts are interrupted as Emmett says happily, "Here we are. . . Let me unpack everything. You stay right where you are. . ." I nod in what I think is the direction of Emmett's voice and settle down in the soft moss.

I hear the sounds of something being unpacked- lots of clanking and clattering. At last, silence falls, and I feel Emmett's paws gently untie my blindfold.

I blink from the sudden brightness, and glance around at my surroundings. A gasp escapes from me as I look them over- we're in a little hollow, with a bubbling stream at the edge cascading into a small pool at my paws. A few pawsteps away, a feast is spread out on a large slab of stone. Fresh bread, salmon, soup, grilled bell peppers, and other appetizing dishes- Emmett has truly outdone himself!

Emmett smiles at me, his eyes uncertain. "What do you think?" he asks hopefully.

"Oh, Em," I whisper. "It's perfect!"

He grins widely and draws me closer with his sunset-colored tail, and I rest my head on the little snake marking on his chest, given to Emmett-along with his forked tongue- by his grandmother, a powerful Aphelio with snakelike charm.

"I'm glad," he whispers back, full of emotion. I smile, my heart brimming with love. At that moment, nothing could ever draw us apart.

word count; 497 words c:
"It was a strange
happiness that was
sometimes so big
that it felt like
sadness."---
Lights off

art credit: x x
viscet adopts
Con-fused

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby steamplonk » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:42 pm

thunder
a song by yours truly
(written from the pov of one of Jay's friends, directed torwards Jay)
(Jay is male)

when it feels like you doesn't matter
and the tears drip down your face

i hope that you remember this one simple phrase
there is thunder there,
in your deep orange eyes

people like to feel good,
i know it doesn't seem that way,
but in my eyes you are perfect,

and i love the way you say,
"we are young and alive,
but it sure doesn't seem that way."

there is thunder there,
in you soul,
without a doubt,

and i know it doesn't seem like this,
but i love it when you shout
"my dreams are wild,
and i don't care what you think."

for you have thunder,
in your heart,
and i know it doesn't seem like this,

but in my eyes

you are perfect.
quittin'
blease don't msg me asking for stuff
tysm
steamplonk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wucaian » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:57 am

Name:
D'Artagnan "Dartan"
Pronouns:
He/Him

Star Light, Star Bright
Dartan had been watching over his planet for many centuries. He circled his corner of space for a long time, keeping neat to his planet for they were both still young. Though it came when he was slipping between the moons of his planet that he decided it was time to explore more of the galaxy. He often looked out towards the wider expanses of space, looked towards the lights of millions of stars, and wondered what they looked like up close. Every star, every planet, and nebula was unique and he wanted to see more of them. So Dartan set off to explore far beyond his planet for the first time. He roamed without a destination in mind through the vastness of space, suns and comets reflected in his eyes. His step was light; his path was lit by stars, his fur warmed by their blazing fires, his heart warmed by his excitement. Sometimes he walked, sometimes he ran, and sometimes he flew. Dartan saw planets and stars, nebulae and asteroids. He walked upon a moon of black and red rock whose face was pitted and cracked. He danced in a nebula, surrounded by its blue and pink light. He dipped and twirled among the purple and orange clouds that were his silent partners in his dance. Dartan soon came to a dusty pocket of space. There he stopped, a feeling of expectation tumbling through him. It was almost as if the whole area were holding its breath. He circled the dust cloud, riding the currents created inside it. The cloud shone with green, yellow, pink, orange, and blue light and the wispy shapes the dust formed streamed by him in the winds. He waited and waited, and then, the cloud began to collapse. With a flare of heat and a burst of light, a star was born. Its light streamed forth, bathing the planets in a new light. Like the rising sun the star’s light bathed him and dazzled his eyes. Never had he gotten to witness such a wonder up close. He laughed and flew and danced; the deepness of space the backdrop, the whole of the galaxy a witness to his delight. When Dartan returned home from his years of exploring, the light of the baby star still seemed to shine in his eyes.

I don't know a lot about space and stars so I'm sorry if I got science wrong in the story.
Image Credits: xx

Currently missing:Image
Bounce, bounce, bounce...
wucaian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me