Aphelio #13 // Winner by Celozon

Based on Click to view
Artist Celozon [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 40 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
20 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Aphelio #13 // Winner

Postby Celozon » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:46 pm

Aphelios are, simply put, aliens. They resemble canines, but have features typical earth dogs don't have. Two short, stubby antennas sit atop their heads, glowing a brilliant luminescent color. Most Aphelios have split ears and squirrel-like tails. Variations are possible, but rare. Most notably, every Aphelio seems to be magically bonded to an orb, that attaches to its tail in some way. these orbs contain a miniature version of a universe. Each Aphelio is a deity of their own galaxy, planet, or even universe; no one is exactly the same. It's believed they've been around for eons, perhaps before time even existed itself... but who can say? Aphelios are curious, charismatic, and unique creatures, and rarely do they not explore the universe around them. Follow the stars, look ahead, and wait... as the mysteries unfold around you, and maybe even an Aphelio will be curious enough to watch you. Because you are one of billions, what makes you different?

BlueRocketMouse wrote:Name: Snips; "little bits of things"

Background/History:
Snips never really felt satisfied around his family. His parents kept him on a tight leash, constantly fretting over his health because of the mysterious ooze that dripped from his orb. Though Snips understood their concern, he couldn't help feeling smothered by their overprotection. The ooze was an oddity, to be sure, but it caused him no pain or even discomfort. Time went by and though the dripping didn't stop, there was no indication it caused any ill effects either. Yet, Snips's parents remained reluctant to loosen their grip on him.

As is natural for a young Aphelio, Snips's desire to explore only grew over time. Eventually, he decided to take matters into his own hands by sneaking away. Things didn't go exactly as expected. Initially, Snips had planned to sneak away for only a few hours, enough to just take a quick visit to the nearby planet of Earth. Hours turned into days, then days into weeks. Earth offered so many new things to see and do. Snips just didn't want to leave. And if he's being honest, he still doesn't. He's certainly not looking forward to explaining why he left so suddenly to his parents.

But he'll burn that bridge when he gets to it.

Personality/Character Traits:
You could say Snips's name is one of the most apt words one can use to describe him. Though it's common for a person to subconsciously pick up mannerisms from someone they spend a lot of time with, Snips puts a much more deliberate spin on that concept. Whether it's a particular character trait, speech pattern, or simple quirk, if something about a person catches his attention, don't be surprised to see him "borrowing" it in the near future. Understandably, others often find it a little off putting when Snips suddenly starts mimicking them, but he truly means no harm by it. People are simply so intriguing to him, and this intrigue manifests itself through imitation.

Perhaps it isn't surprising to learn that Snips absolutely adores acting. He's very good at it too—so much so that it can sometimes be difficult to tell whether he's being sincere or just playing a part. Halloween has become one of Snips's favorite Earth holidays largely because it gives him the freedom to really become a whole other person for a night without attracting any funny looks. Admittedly, he finds it quite strange that something as harmless as wearing a costume is only considered acceptable one day out of the entire year, but Snips just sees it as one of the planet's many interesting quirks.

When/under what circumstance do their markings appear & glow?:
The markings appear when Snips gets really into character, or whenever he's struck by inspiration and gets a new idea.
Last edited by Celozon on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:15 am, edited 11 times in total.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Aphelio #13

Postby bite sized kuiper » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:37 pm

ahh
i dont have the inspiration for this guy
ahh im srry cell qwq
Last edited by bite sized kuiper on Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
bite sized kuiper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueRocketMouse » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:56 pm

Name: Snips; "little bits of things"

Background/History:
Snips never really felt satisfied around his family. His parents kept him on a tight leash, constantly fretting over his health because of the mysterious ooze that dripped from his orb. Though Snips understood their concern, he couldn't help feeling smothered by their overprotection. The ooze was an oddity, to be sure, but it caused him no pain or even discomfort. Time went by and though the dripping didn't stop, there was no indication it caused any ill effects either. Yet, Snips's parents remained reluctant to loosen their grip on him.

As is natural for a young Aphelio, Snips's desire to explore only grew over time. Eventually, he decided to take matters into his own hands by sneaking away. Things didn't go exactly as expected. Initially, Snips had planned to sneak away for only a few hours, enough to just take a quick visit to the nearby planet of Earth. Hours turned into days, then days into weeks. Earth offered so many new things to see and do. Snips just didn't want to leave. And if he's being honest, he still doesn't. He's certainly not looking forward to explaining why he left so suddenly to his parents.

But he'll burn that bridge when he gets to it.

You could say Snips's name is one of the most apt words one can use to describe him. Though it's common for a person to subconsciously pick up mannerisms from someone they spend a lot of time with, Snips puts a much more deliberate spin on that concept. Whether it's a particular character trait, speech pattern, or simple quirk, if something about a person catches his attention, don't be surprised to see him "borrowing" it in the near future. Understandably, others often find it a little off putting when Snips suddenly starts mimicking them, but he truly means no harm by it. People are simply so intriguing to him, and this intrigue manifests itself through imitation.

Perhaps it isn't surprising to learn that Snips absolutely adores acting. He's very good at it too—so much so that it can sometimes be difficult to tell whether he's being sincere or just playing a part. Halloween has become one of Snips's favorite Earth holidays largely because it gives him the freedom to really become a whole other person for a night without attracting any funny looks. Admittedly, he finds it quite strange that something as harmless as wearing a costume is only considered acceptable one day out of the entire year, but Snips just sees it as one of the planet's many interesting quirks.

The markings appear when Snips gets really into character, or whenever he's struck by inspiration and gets a new idea.
Last edited by BlueRocketMouse on Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ImageImage.......
deviantART

"Our long bygone burdens,
mere echoes of the spring,
but where have we come,
and where shall we end?
If dreams can't come true,
then why not pretend?"

Characters

......Image Image

BlueRocketMouse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby quisicorazon » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:41 am

Name: Osseus
Background/History: WIP
Personality/Character Traits: WIP
When/under what circumstance do their markings appear & glow?: WIP
Flight Rising

ImageImage
Pet's name: Zaeed 🐺
quisicorazon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nome senpai » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:12 am

Name: Vaner pronounced V-uh-near. When her split personality comes out, she goes by Jinxx.
Background/History: Vaner grew up alone, she didn't have a mother or a father to guide her. But she is a very strong Aphelio. She's brave and kind. Growing up alone she had to defend herself and learn to take care of herself. She's made few friends along the way, so she has a split personality called Jinxx. She has a habit of talking to herself and lieing at times. Jinxx isn't very kind but warms up to people. Anyone who can handle Vaner's split personality are rare to find for Vaner, but Jinxx is a part of her, and if no one can accept that, they don't deserve Vaner as a friend. Vaner loves night time and the moon and stars, that's why her glowing marks glow brightenst when she looking at the night sky.
Personality/Character Traits: Vaner is a funny and kind heart Aphelio. Because she grew up alone, she knows a lot about the world, having to fend for herself. She loves helping other, but is bipolar because of her split personality Jinxx. Jinxx is rude and not very nice. She has a bad habit of lieing and makes Vaner seem like she is talking to herself. But Vaner and Jinxx are one in the same. If you are friends with Vaner, you are friends with Jinxx, who, I'm do time with warm up to people and so she is soft hearted as well!
When/under what circumstance do their markings appear & glow?: her markings glow most when the moon is at its fullest and highest, also they glow slightly when she is lying which she has a bad habit of doing. When her split personality comes out. When this happens her markings glows dimly. Her split personality isn't pleasent.

(It's so pretty I can't not try out!!!! I am happy with this ^^ my mind was turning as soon as I saw her, I hope you like and good luck to everyone c:)
Last edited by nome senpai on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Slowly getting back into the swing of things!!
Image Image Image
~ Come Join us as an Artist ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby suneater » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:42 am

Name:

aaah reserve
only on to collect occasionally
feel free to pm on other sites

contact me
discord: leaf me aloe#0342
deviantart (inactive): spacehuskiies
toyhouse: spacehuskiies

was previously leafie.
https://www.deviantart.com/liticaharmony/art/Sleepy-Fox-705063920
suneater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TipsyBearTender » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:19 am

Name: Radio
Background/History: He was a loner after his ruthless family abandoned him. Collected and loss a couple of friends in the past. One day he made a deal with a dark creature "To leave and never come back" The twisted animal sent him to a planet called Earth. Probably another dimension. He found some new friends as well here but was more careful with them.
-Envious
-Bold
-Aggressive and defensive
He hates being left alone now that he found friends. He can act like a bull but can be soft like a.... caterpillar.
He was fighting against a rabid dog on an old industrial factory. The dog pushed him against some containers. The word written on them was the last thing he saw before passing out. "Radioactive" It soon became his name.
TipsyBearTender

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenlittlesoldierboys » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:33 am

Name
    Edgar (Eddie)

Background/History
    Eddie is quite a young guy, he has only ruled over his own little planet for a few hundred years, 700 maybe. When he was born near planet earth they say that the moon was at it fullest and that there were people who celebrated a festivity for the spirits of the past, the dead, who were able to leave their world every year on this day and wander around. The spirits that roamed the earth and space on this day saw the newborn and he was gifted the ability to interact with them - this is where his glowing markings come from.
    Edgar grew up in a loving family.
    As soon as he was old enough to leave, Eddie decided to figure out where exactly his markings, that appeared from time to time, came from. His parents weren't able to answer this question, since they also had no idea, so he started to discover one universe after another. He has visited many galaxies and many planets. He has met many creatured and made lots of friends, he also started to get interested in spooky stuff before discovering earth. But earth was truly his most important destination. When he first came here, he was overwhelmed by all the things he saw. So many different plants, so many different creatures. From the little bug to the whale, he couldn't believe what this planet had to offer. And especially the people. The human race. He fell in love with them and their stories the moment he met them.

Personality/Character Traits
    No surprise, Edgar loves everything spooky, especially haunting-history. He studies about haunted houses, graveyards, churches, stone-circles, forests etc - whatever there is that has a history of haunting or anything related to spooky - ask Edgar, he knows about it. There is no single universe, galaxy, planet, continent, country, city etc. that has no history with aliens, ghosts and the like and Edgar always tries to discover and learn new things. [[Other interests include science, biology and archeology. But he is not quite fond of technology... he still has no idea how that stuff works and since the time he broke down the conversation-network of a whole country he better tries to stay away from that stuff]]
    He is a very cheerful guy, especially when it comes to his researches. He never seems to get tired of looking for new ghost stories. Also earth's stories are his favourite, because there are nowhere as many different horror creatures than on this planet.
    Other than that, he is very friendly. Not the outgoing type, he is actually quite shy when it comes to first contacts, but as soon as he gets to know someone, you can't stop him. He loves to listen to other creature's stories and to tell his own. He is also very caring, he would never abandon friends and family.
    He's therefore a very wise ruler, his galaxy is the most precious thing to him and he would protect it with everything he has.
    What he likes most about earth is the diversity it has to offer. The food, the horror stories, the people, the animals et cetera. He hasn't quite befriended winter yet, since he's not sure if he likes snow. Other than that, modern technology is not his best friend either. One downside of his company would probably be his love for spooky things, especially if you are someone who gets frightened very easily... it's not rare for Eddie that he starts telling horror stories in the middle of the night. It would also be wise to get him away from technology... he has no idea how that stuff works and always manages to break something.

When/under what circumstance do their markings appear & glow?
    Always when he discovered something new and interesting. As mentioned above, Eddie is a very cheerful guy and when he finds out things that no one before has ever discovered he gets happy like a little child on christmas day. And as soon as he gets all cheery and enthuastic, his marks start to glow, which occassionally freaks out people.
    They also glow when he interacts (or at least tries to) with ghosts/spirits etc.

the sun to my moon ☀️🌕
they/them or he/him
teacher and writer from Austria
die-hard horror enthusiast
computer game obsessed
literature, film & tv-nerd
Viscets - toyhouse
tenlittlesoldierboys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:14 pm

End date was added if anyone didn't see it, its the 10th, one week from today.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ellyenchanted » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:50 am

Name: Reaper
      Background/History:
      When/under what circumstance do their markings appear & glow?: The glow effect from his markings sort of serve as a warning system. Whenever danger is imminent, his markings emit the green light. The markings will glow when his life or the life of someone physically nearby (how he earned the nickname Reaper) is threatened.

Wip~
ellyenchanted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me