Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

10/10 happy birthday by SilverSamurai

Artist SilverSamurai [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

10/10 happy birthday

Postby SilverSamurai » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:27 am

Happy birthday to Sakata Gintoki~

This dumb character has been my role model (well kinda haha) for years and I love him so much oml
He's so different from every other main character I've ever seen and he's just so relatable.
I don't draw people because I can't but I felt like I had to draw him for his birthday

When I found this anime/main character, I wasn't really sure what I was doing with my life. I
just didn't have any direction, and was lost. And then suddenly here was this character who
was exactly what I needed to see. Someone who has no goal in life and just barely got by, yet
held his head high and laughed it off. He wasn't perfect, and he didn't try to be. He didn't even
have a job or try to get one. What little money he has is quickly gambled away or used towards
his alcoholic habits. I was amazed at this carefree character, and I quickly began to admire him.
He would never start fights or blame people or judge anyone (he even works in a gay bar?? what)
and straight up knows that it's impossible to protect everyone and everything. He's been through
a freaking war and ran from it, suffering PTSD and suicidal thoughts for years (almost succeeding).

Suddenly, here was this character who was more relatable than any other character I've ever seen.

Gintoki wrote:The country? The skies? You can have them. I'm busy protecting what's right in front of me. I don't know what will happen to me in the future, but if something has fallen at my feet, then the least I can do is pick it up.

Gintoki wrote:Everyone's carrying something that matters. You just don't realize when you're carrying it. It's only after it slips out of your hand that you realize how heavy it was in the first place. So many times I thought that I'd never carry a load like that ever again. And yet, before I realized it, I was carrying it again. I'd feel so much better if I just got rid of it. But I just can't bring myself to do it.

Gintoki wrote:Trying to shoulder the burden all by yourself? Don't be a stranger. Weep and ask for help. Lean on me with your runny nose. Cry when you feel like crying. Laugh when you feel like laughing. When you're tearing up with an ugly face, I'll give you a good cry with an uglier face. When you're laughing so hard your stomach hurts, I'll laugh in a louder voice. That's how it should be. It's far better to get dirty while living true to yourself, than to throw away yourself and die a clean death.

I'm not gonna go on anymore, because I could write an essay haha..
Timer is waayy off because I was playing a game with friends and i got super distracted oml

Happy birthday Shiroyasha/White Demon, Silver Samurai, Sakata Gintoki~

Yo, I'm Silver and like talking with people and making new friends.
I enjoy music, birds, anime/manga, video games, and art. Feel free to send over a message whenever if you'd like to chat!

A lot is happening right now, but I'm doing my best

"I fell apart, but got back up again,"
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 10/10 happy birthday

Postby Nightcrawler. » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:06 am

Ooo this looks niice

RabidRhys

Nightcrawler.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverSamurai » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:03 am

thankss

Yo, I'm Silver and like talking with people and making new friends.
I enjoy music, birds, anime/manga, video games, and art. Feel free to send over a message whenever if you'd like to chat!

A lot is happening right now, but I'm doing my best

"I fell apart, but got back up again,"
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nightcrawler. » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:10 am