CHWR: Bay by SilverBell90

Based on Click to view
Artist SilverBell90 [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

CHWR: Bay

Postby SilverBell90 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:48 am

It pained me to set this one up for adoption, but I thought meh, why not? He's based off of Joey in the movie 'War Horse'.
Good movie if you haven't seen it already :I.
So, to adopt him, you have to tell me about a rough point in his past. It doesn't have to be in this time either. I'm a sucker for longer descriptions, so write at least a paragraph. More descriptive means more likely to be chosen.

Owner;; Arrows
Show name;; A Shattered World
Barn Name;; Joey
Gender;; Stallion
Height;; 16.2hh
Breed;; Thoroughbred x Irish Draught
Age;; 6 years
Color;; Bay

Code: Select all
[b]Owner:[/b]
[b]Show name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] Stallion
[b]Height:[/b] hh
[b]Breed:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Color:[/b]
[b]Story:[/b]

Genes: EE/AA/Ff
Last edited by SilverBell90 on Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilverBell90

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CHWR: Bay

Postby monochrome. » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:02 am

Owner: AnnaROUaT
Show name: Sink or Swim
Barn Name: 'Zip'
Height: 15.5hh
Breed: Morgan
Color: Bay
Story:
Zip could feel the heat crackling against his chocolatey colored coat, every drop of liquid in his mouth dissipating within seconds. Willing himself to open his eyes, Zip could feel his ears pin instinctively against his head, a shrill whinny escaping his mouth. Flames danced in front of him, their orange light coating any and everything. A reassuring hand reached down from his rider and rubbed the stallion's neck, doing very little to provide the bay courage. "The ambulance is on its way, okay boy? You just need to get us close enough so that we can get people out." Eric, Zip's rider, murdered. And Zip looked upwards, watching ash float through the New York sky as if it were snow.

Just years ago, Zip had been in training to be a police horse. It had been his destiny, his fate, since the day he was born. Many thought mounted policemen were useless, old fashioned, too traditional. But Zip was born and bred to do this. To carry an officer through the streets of New York, to bound straight into danger. And this memory - a memory of his last day of training - seemed more distinct than ever before.

Today Zip would graduate. Tomorrow he would be a field horse - one who patrolled the streets of Central Park with his owner and partner. Snow - a rare sight in New York - fell against the ground, causing the stallion to shake the gentle white flakes off his coat. Zip utterly adored snow. He'd only seen it a few times, but each time it seemed more and more magical. Today, however, it was a nuisance. Today, Zip would be put in a recreated mission. His nervousness was obvious as he shifted from foot to foot, and he felt his rider tighten his grip on the rings. A shrill bell rang from above him, and Zip could hear an admin announce, "This is Officer 10049, 'Eric Hanson', riding Equine Officer 70082, 'Sink or Swim'. If EO 70082 completes this trial, his pending admission to the EO program will be approved immediately." The bell rang once more, and Zip could feel his rider shift forwards in the saddle, squeezing his legs against the Morgan's chubby stomach. Leaping into a gallop, Zip could hear simulated street noises, yelling, and honking escaping a speaker. Someone dressed as a 'bad guy' dashed away in front of them, but he had no chance against Zip. Another officer pulled a car directly into Zip's path, and Zip veered, not shaken. He continued to pursue the target, jumping over set up trashcans and rounding low hanging branches. The target ran into a large 'crowd' composed of Eric's family and friends, forcing Zip to weave quickly through the thick group of people. This was Eric's test just as much as Zip's. And as Zip rounded a corner, veering around a lamp post, Zip gained speed, his pace even with the target. When the stallion turned sharply, cutting off the "target", he could hear Eric cheer from his back, the crowd clapping their congratulations. And Zip gazed upwards, flecks of snow coating the beautiful world that composed his home.

And now, as the ash floated around the Morgan horse, resembling snow in every way possible, Zip took off. Into the apartment fire to do what he was fated to do from day one. Save lives.

Last edited by monochrome. on Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
─ ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────── ♥ ─── ─

╔═════════════════════════════════════╗
    pretty much offline for crew season!
    i'm largely absent from this site as i work
    through personal health problems.
    I can be reached most reliably via skype.
    even then, please be patient with me.
    thank you!

──── ♥ ────

she/her | demiromantic asexual | an emotional wreck lol
    ap student | swimmer & 1m springboard diver | rower
    cystic fibrosis patient | est zone | from afar - vance joy
╚═════════════════════════════════════╝

jbds | kias | plumies | viscets | equines | canines | other

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

avatar and art by kavlri via deviantart
monochrome.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Timey » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:52 am

~ I'll spread my wings, and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky ~

owner: Timey
      show name: Early Bird
      barn name: Arch
      height: 16.1 hh
      breed: Thoroughbred
      color: Bay
      story: Arch's life was rough from the start; the poor guy was born premature. He was extremely small when he entered the world, and the vet gave him a really low chance of survival. To make matters worse, his own mother did too, and unfortunately, she rejected him. Arch had to be bottle fed by handlers because of this, and throughout his foalhood just wasn't as strong as the other colts. He was often extremely thin, with long spindly legs that didn't quite match up with the rest of his body. It was clear that if he ever got past this obstacle, that he was going to be quite the tall horse. Until then though, it only made it harder for him to move around, almost always losing balance. He was often ill too, and because of him the vet was a common sight around his birth ranch. Despite the hardships, Arch usually had a very sunny personality, and it took a lot to get him down in the dumps. Perhaps he knew what everyone else didn't; that once he turned two he'd begin to fill out and gain a bit of muscle, and by three years he'd be towering above all who doubted his survival, and beginning training in the one event that nobody ever would have thought he'd be able to take part in; racing.

~ Flight Training ~

The scent of apprehension was strong in the air, and it smelt strangely reminiscent of sweat. Arch was certain that this wasn't a coincidence, based on the rather thick lather that stuck to him like glue. Saying he was a bit nervous was a huge understatement; he was petrified.

This wasn't a good idea. This wasn't a good idea at all. What were they thinking?! What was he thinking?! A horse like him didn't belong here; he'd barely grown into his own legs just a few years ago, and is trainers had only deemed him fit to race recently, but even then they were still having their doubts. He couldn't stand to look at the confident smiles on the faces of those around him. Derik giving his usual smug grin, in his arms holding his 3 year old daughter, Iris, who was giggling madly and admiring all of the 'pretty ponies' walking around. Caroline stood to Arch's right, looking like a million bucks in her dark blue and white silks. The red head laughed at her young daughter's antics, sharing a loving gaze with Derik. Angela and Peter stood off to the left, Angela in a long black gown, Peter in a well tailored suit to accompany her. Arch's heart sank. All of his friends...Heck, his family, we're all dressed to impress, obviously putting too much faith into his abilities as a racer. He was only going to let them down, he knew it.

His stomach flipped as he felt Caroline climb into the saddle, and he almost felt like he'd just received a death sentence. He wasn't afraid of the mockery. He'd heard it all from the colts he grew up alongside. He'd even heard it from people, the one species he'd always considered himself to be closer too. Words couldn't hurt him anymore, however shame could.

"Arch is going to fly! Fly away!" Iris giggled. Arch couldn't look her in the eye.

'No Iris. This bird isn't getting off the ground today, he thought to himself.

The walk along the track was a complete blur, and soon Arch found himself being lead into the gate. He didn't struggle; he knew there was no turning back now, if there ever had been the chance.

In a flash he was in the gate, and then back out again, breaking away evenly with the rest of the horses, all young ones making their debuts, just like him. He tried to take off at an all out sprint, but Caroline held him back. He resisted for a minute, and then thought better. Caroline would know what was best. He allowed the rest of the colts to pass him up, slowly moving his way over to the rail as they ran along the stretch and began to round the first turn.

Arch began to set into a comfortable, reasonable pace. Perhaps his loss wouldn't be as miserable as he had been making it out to be. There was no shame in 5th, right?

The other colts nearly managed to box him in as they hit the backstretch, however he made sure to prevent their advances. He wanted to at least have a chance.

He was glad to see that he wasn't getting tired on the backstretch. All those months and months of conditioning had done him well, and he suddenly felt stronger than he had ever had. This wasn't terrifying. This was therapeutic. Arch hadn't know how much he had needed this until now. Once more he tried to take off, but Caroline still held him back. He was getting frustrated. Didn't she see that he was ready to run?! To leave everyone behind and do Manteca Creek proud?

The backstretch flew by quickly and soon they were rounding the final turn. Some of the colts were beginning to fall behind. It was just him and the leaders now, and Arch knew he wasn't near finished yet. It was then he realized what Caroline was doing. She knew him far too well.

A little bit into the homestretch, Caroline finally released her hold on him, and Arch immediately exploded from pack. He galloped all out, hardly even touching the ground. Some of the other colts had the same idea, and they weren't too far behind, but after a while it was clear who the winner was going to be. Early Bird swept past the finished, barely able to contain his enthusiasm. He could hear the cheers of his family from up in the stands, and he looked up to see Iris thrusting her tiny fists into the air victoriously. Caroline looked up at her young daughter and mimicked her, a wide grin spread across the young jockey's face.

Arch eventually came to a stop, practically prancing along the track after his very first win. He gave a loud whinny, causing Caroline to erupt with fits of laughter.

Apparently, a new found self-confidence also smelled strongly like sweat.

Last edited by Timey on Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘
≿────────── ✘✗✘ ────────── -≾
Timey here! Fan of far
too many things to list.
Proud Fuze/Mute main.

≿────────── ✘✗✘ ────────── -≾
ImageImage
≿─────── ✘✗✘ ─────── -≾
HoC's xxxCWHR xxx ✘Link
✘Link xxx
© xxx ✘Link
≿─────── ✘✗✘ ─────── -≾Image
✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘
Timey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inupait » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:54 am

Owner: Inupait
Show name: Into Nomans Land
Barn Name: Namans
Height: 16.0 hh
Breed: Thoroughbred
Story: I'm a sucker for joey! I read the book years before it was a movie and I'd highly suggest anyone who loves the movie read the book 80000x better and more heartbreaking!! Wip on the story lol
Inupait

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby orse » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:00 pm

Owner: orse
    Show name: WWT When the Guns Fire
    Barn Name: Joey
    Height: 16.2hh
    Breed: Thoroughbred
    Story:

The Libyan Civil War - 11th October 2011
    Places like these were no place for a horse of any kind.

Especially for a foal who had no idea just how important he was.

Eyes open with a bang, the foal shuddered as he took in the murky surrounding. The walls around him were painted with shadows, the only light coming from a small opening high above. Nothing could stop the deafening sound of bullets rushing through the air not so far away. The mare, close to starving, gathered her energy to encourage the colt up onto his feet. He shivered, flinching with every crack of a bullet in the near distance.

A small boy rushed into the room, quickly shutting the door. He was carrying a pail of water, barely full. He offered it all up to his starving mare alongside a small handful of grain. The foal continued to struggle to reach his mother. Only minutes later, he was up and moving, his spindly legs flailing. The noise of the war around them continuted to intensify as people fled from the city. The small boy skidded around the room in a flying panic as the chaos creeped closer and closer. He quickly tied and cinched all his belongings to his mare, alongside what seemed to be a saddle with loops for his feet. He slipped ropes over her face and tied supports around her neck. He had sure planned this out.

Before the foal knew what was next, everything ran in slow motion. He was hoisted onto the wither of his mother, secured with ropes. The boy sprung into the saddle, jamming his feet down into the makeshift stirrups and holding onto the reins and ropes for dear life. His heart pounded as the mare sprung into action, flying out the door in a crazy gallop. The boy clung onto the foal for dear life as the brave and loyal mare ran down everything in her path. The boy protected the foal using himself as a shield from all the chaos around as they tore off to the hills, away from it all. The foal had to be protected, he carried so much strength and power in his tiny hooves. He was to be faster than lightning.

On the 23rd of October, it was all over.

I'm a million miles ahead of where I'm from, but there's still another million miles to come..
    - Trouble, Avicii
orse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arrows » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:31 pm

Owner: Arrows
    Show name: A Shattered World
    Height: 16.2hh
    Breed: Thoroughbred x Irish Draught
    Story: Joey was four when the gunshot sliced through the air, disturbing all peace. All sense of security.

For a long while, the small town had been on edge. They had been preparing for the inevitable battle to come. Men had been building barricades, training daily. A great force had grown up in the town. Joey didn't understand, not truly - the nerves and tightness that filled the community gave him knowledge of impending danger, but he could not know what was to come. In a quaint little red barn he lived, with many other horses, living his life in his typically-quiet little home.

Things had started changing a long while ago. Everyone had heard the constant gunfire in the distance - Joey had been frightened at first, but settled now. Then came more men, and lots of noises and the sounds of building filled the area. His owners, a kind couple with a large home, had been forced to house some of the men. Sometimes one would stroll through the barn, grungy and smelling of smoke, inspecting the horses. Often one would pause at Joey's stall, eyeing him particularly. It made him uncomfortable and uncertain. At one point, Joey's owners and a man had a large argument, which clearly involved Joey. He could pick out words, like 'sell,' 'take,' and other things. He balked at the thought of leaving home.

Late one evening, the gentle woman of the couple that owned Joey came to the barn in tears. He whinnied to her, as though questioning what was wrong. She walked to him and stroked gently at his face. "Oh, Joey, you won't understand," she said. "We must go. It is too dangerous to stay now. We must leave you behind, my darling. All of you." At this point she outright sobbed. Joey did understand, at least somewhat. He nuzzled her comfortingly, all he could do. He was helpless.

After his owners packed their bags and drove off, he remained in the barn with his companions. A young woman stopped by to feed and water them and fend off the soldier men from stealing one. The gunfire grew louder, more pressing. All became anxious. It felt as though something was ready to snap, and all it would take was one...

BANG! The sound shot through the night and aroused Joey and the other horses immediately. Chaos was upon them. Birds made a ruckus and all flew away. Outside, Joey could not see as the barn doors were closed, yet he could hear. Over all, there was the discord of deafening gunshots. Below, if Joey listened, was a different, even worse song. The cries of men, screams of war horses, the sobbing of women and children. He did not want to listen. Joey wanted to crouch down and shut it all it. Yet the danger could not even leave him untouched - it would grow much worse.

Listening to that noise, interminable and terrible, it took Joey a while to notice. It was the sharp crackle that finally jarred him to attentiveness. It wasn't long before he saw the source - brilliant red and orange flames danced up the corner of the barn, intruding upon the interior. In the old barn with brittle wood, the fire spread quicker than expected. His companions began to screech and kick madly, the flames throwing light across the barn so that you could see the fear reflecting in their eyes.

Joey felt dazed. Everything was a blur yet moved so slowly. He reared back, coming down hard on the door to his stall. He repeated the movement over and over, until a satisfying crack filled the air and the door splintered, allowing Joey to place his weight against it and shove it open. His stall one of the closest to the fire, the heat had grown intense and he could feel sweat dripping down his neck. Joey could not flee immediately, not without saving those he shared his barn with. He was able to yank on their latched until they loosened, throwing open doors. Horses streamed to the doors, crazy with terror.

The main doors had huge latches on them. Joey stared, and knew they could not open such doors. He looked back at the raging flames, noticing how the main support beams had caught fire. He would die here. Unable to sit and allow the blaze to simply take him, he slammed against the door and forced all his weight against it. Joey let out a loud, strained neigh. It didn't take long for some horses to regain their wits and manage to do the same. The doors would not budge. The fire licked at their heels and charred their tails.

As the flames beared down on them without mercy, a sudden miracle, an angel sent to them. The latch was undone and the doors thrown open, a man standing before them and jumping out of the way as they all ran. Joey was the last to leave, ensuring all were out. He wished to gallop far far away, yet could not make it very far - he had used much of his strength. Joey collapsed alone in a field, the sounds of gunfire still raging and the flames from the barn reaching towards empty night sky. He allowed himself sleep, if only for a little while...

Joey awoke in the same place where he had fallen, yet he was no longer alone. People fussed around him, cold clothes gently pressed on his neck and wounds being dressed. He had no recollection of time. Though now he could feel pain he hadn't felt in the moment - his front legs were sore and he could feel the pain of cuts all over them from the wood when he had slammed down on his stall door. There were burns on his back legs. Everything ached. "Poor beast has been through a lot." Some man said, looking down on him. Joey was already drifting away again.
    - - -

Some months had passed, and the civil war was at an end. Joey's wounds and burns had healed, and even his charred tail had mostly grown back. The aftermath of the battle in his town had been devastating. Over half the buildings had been burned. Yet they had rebuilt. The sky, once dark with the ash from many fires, was clear blue. The rain had washed away the signs of death that seemed to be all around. Even shattered peace could be put back together, with time.

note; I greatly based my description on the BOOK (I'm always one to say the book is better than the movie. I will say the movie adaptation (& the play) still remained close to the storyline and were excellently done!)

I HAVE READ THE BOOK, SEEN THE MOVIE, AND THE PLAY ADAPTATION
ONE OF MY FAVORITES!

Also, this is really random, but just a suggestion: perhaps there could be an RU made of the horse Topthorn? Or a different adopt?
Last edited by Arrows on Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
by serBronn

isleen
caswallon
my chwr horses

I <3 my horse Indigo
ℓ ι ν є у σ υ η g. ℓ ι ν є ƒ я є є. ℓ ι ν є ƒ є α я ℓ є ѕ ѕ.

My Kiamara, Odysseus. Click the picture to the right to see information & all art for Odysseus!

by Niluna
Arrows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby buckskin. » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:19 pm

Owner: MiloThePitbull
Show name: If Everyone Cared
Barn Name: Fireflies
Height: 14.3 hh
Breed: Australian Waler
Story:
Fireflies sat in his stall, the 2 year old contently ate his oats and barley not a care in the world. The sun was bright, everything was fine at the place he called home but little did he know that this was all about to change.

Fireflies shied as the house door flung open, the man and the women that had raised him yelling at each other. The man got in the horse truck, reversing it to the barn and rushed into Flies stall, attaching a lead rope to the young horses halter and leading him into the tuck forcefully. MASSIVE WIP
Thunderbolt Tolter Stable-Gypsy stable
    one day i woke up and smiled for the memories we had, instead of crying for the memories that we cant make
buckskin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby silver ~ » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:47 am

Owner: ~Silverpelt~
Show name: Gunshot and
Height: hh
Breed: Thoroughbred (50%) x Irish Draught (50%)
Story: wip
(links) not very active here anymore
silver ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fuscontidox » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:01 am

Omg ;-; the book was amazing! So depressing but amazing! <3 even better than the movie <3

I sobbed!!!

GL to anyone who gets the beauty!

Do you plan to make all three main horses of the story?
I have made my choice. My pms will be open for a week to anyone who wants to message me on CS a little while longer, or to clear up anything if you must.

Discord: Fuscontidox #0877
DA: Fuscontidox
TH: Fuscontidox
Fuscontidox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverBell90 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:44 am

Alright guys. Since I want to get the other 2 up for adoption, this is going to end in 2-3 days. Probably 3 if people still need more time. The next one will be posted after this one is judged.

Edit ;; Alright, 1 more day to get stories done.
SilverBell90

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me