Time spent 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Waelak #46 | O P E N

Postby GallopingHowl » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:17 am

Species and Art (c) Perocore
Nursery :: V.4 and V.1 :: Information Center :: Fan Club

What Is a Waelak?
A Waelak ("wa-lahk" with the "a" in "wa" pronounced as "a" in "cat") is a large species of canine (based on evolutionary ancestry, this may be arguable based on physical characteristics) vaguely resembling a fox crossed with a weasel, with antlers and deer-legs. Due to their bio-luminescent eyes and fur, many long-gone natives once believed them to be spirit-guardians who watched over the dead on their way to the next world. All Waelaks have some sort of distinct marking on their tail, which is passed down from parent to offspring. While not yet domesticated, Waelaks can be tamed when raised with humans from a young age...

Finally a dark, Halloween inspired design
I wanted something demonic, but liked the idea of a sugar skull
This one seems to be death centric, but has a sweet sugar skull marking
Show me a cool bone that this Waelak is attached to or finds impressive

2 extras allowed, prettying up is fine
Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Last edited by GallopingHowl on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

════♔════
- Exo -

She/Her pronouns
Practically a horse
Music freak
xxxxxxxxxx
Tolters
Characters
xxxxxxxxxx
ImageImage

GallopingHowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Waelak #46 | O P E N

Postby 4clovr » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:31 am

could I adopt him/her? lawl
Despair forced into your hand;
Hidden behind a mask of hope

This is a huge work in progress until I get it all done. I'm making a lioden now.
4clovr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GallopingHowl » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:34 am

CitrusTheIceWing wrote:could I adopt him/her? lawl

For this competition, you must complete the form
You must wait until the end date, which is undecided at the moment
You can not ask if you can adopt, you may only try out and put in effort
I like to see effort in forms, so if you try hard you may win this Waelak
This systems makes sure the owner will use them actively and love them to death

════♔════
- Exo -

She/Her pronouns
Practically a horse
Music freak
xxxxxxxxxx
Tolters
Characters
xxxxxxxxxx
ImageImage

GallopingHowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leafless willow » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:51 am

Username:
|Rameiku

Name:
|Danjo
|"Dao"

cool skull:
|Linked for size <3
quitting !!
offering the pets in my [Art] group in exchange for art or characters <3 pm me if interested.
leafless willow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Sunburst~ » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:12 am

Username: ~Sunburst~
Name: Calavera (another name for sugar skull)
Personality/Information: Calavera is a quiet, somewhat emo/goth creature. He spends most of his time in the forest communicating with the ghosts of past animals. He may look like a scary, shy animal, but actually, he's a kind, considerate creature. As he spends most of his time with the ghosts and spirits of animals, he explains to them the beauty of life and gives many of them a second chance. (If I win) Calavera is the mate of Sunburst, a Siberian Husky resembling the Sun and life.
Cool Skull: I LOVE sugar skulls, so here :D
Last edited by ~Sunburst~ on Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
~Sunburst~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rivaille » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:18 am

Username: Kaida Suzuki
Name: Karitoriki "刈り取り機" (Meaning Reaper)
cool skull: Karito here has two skulls that he is attached .3.
Skull 1
Skull 2
Personality: Kind||Protective||Quiet||Prefers to be alone||A big softy||A sweetheart||Finds it hard to trust others

Karitoriki is a rather quiet waelak who tends to go off by himself. Unlike other waelak's who are in clans Karito lives alone (You will see why later). Due to his odd looks his mother treated him differently yet his siblings didn't treat him badly, instead they admired his markings and eye color. Since his father was no where to be found and his mother didn't care enough to name him, his siblings took it into their hooves to name their younger brother.

After they decided on the name Karitoriki, the three of them were force to be separated from each other by their mom. This caused Karito to slowly lose trust in others, knowing that one day they would abandon him like his mother and siblings. Yet if you tend to get to know him, Karito is a rather sweet guy who loves pups and other small creatures.

He is certainly protective over those who are younger than he is since, since he protected a young pup from a predator. All in all he is nothing more than a over grown sweet teddy bear who actually likes to be alone now and then.

History:

Karitoriki was born on the day of Halloween, a day that makes his name stand out more due to the meaning of it. Karito was born into a family that consisted of a mother and two older siblings, a brother and sister. Unlike his siblings, Karito was born with a darker pelt color which is why he was treated differently by his mother. His siblings soon noticed how their mother treated Karitoriki and that she hasn't even given him a proper name. So that night the two siblings took it into their own hooves and decided on a name for him.

That Halloween night, he was named Karitoriki (meaning Reaper). They gave him a name that related to the day he was born on just like how their names related to the days they were born on. Yet as he received his name from the ones that cared for him the most, they were forced to be parted. As the runt of the small family he knew it would be hard to survive on his own. But that following day he was taken in by a old waelak that raised him until he was a year. The night he turned a year, the waelak that raised him left.

He knew her spirit was no longer bound to the earth, instead it was bound to the sky so that she could watch over him better. Karito stayed by her body for one last night before he left to go find a new home. As Karito traveled he kept in mind to not get close to anyone seeing how they will either leave him or end up dying.

Now he is three years old and is living happily by himself near a small lake.

Sexuality: Aromantic/Asexual
Last edited by Rivaille on Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rivaille

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GallopingHowl » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:23 am

Kaida Suzuki wrote:(psst..is it okay if I add more like personality, background *history/past*,etc.?)

Psssh you can pretty it up, but limit it to 3 extrasss and under 2,000 words
Remember text walls are bad~

════♔════
- Exo -

She/Her pronouns
Practically a horse
Music freak
xxxxxxxxxx
Tolters
Characters
xxxxxxxxxx
ImageImage

GallopingHowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sharkie. » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:48 pm

Username: • { Neon } •
Name: Sweets
Cool skull: Click
hang in there while i redo my sig
Sharkie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadyBro » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:57 pm

Owner: ShadyBro
Name: Michari
History Of The Skull:
"The blank void of darkness enveloping my body held tight for what seemed like an eternity. Several breath taking moments appeared in which sunlight dappled through one side of the odd wooden wall, but it faltered and disappeared within seconds. I squirmed, trailing in circles, pacing as my anxiety held high. I felt unsteady on my own hooves as the vehicle underneath me rumbled and shook like a quivering body. Finally, a spoke of hope rang true, as the crate tumbled into the side of the vehicle wall and tore open as if it too were in a panic. I felt the world come to a screaming hault and my body was thrown forward, yet I had just enough time to poke my muzzle through the open panel. I felt a cool yet small object in front of me, and grabbed it in my jaws, a feeble attempt to pull myself out of the retched box. Yet the object was seemingly unattached, and I was thrown backward by my own quickened strength. As the back door of the vehicle peeled open to reveal a bright and desolate world beyond I grew fearful. A stout human with gentle eyes and rough dark skin stood in the doorway, a cautious smile in his tone. He spoke gently, of simple things, and I felt a small prick in my hide. As I turned my neck I felt the object I had collected tumble down at my feet. A tiny skull, its eyes wide and its teeth barred, settled at my side. The human pulled back, a small needle in hand, and hushed me to sleep. It became dark again, yet I coddled the chilled skull in my arms, and let the darkness pull me back into oblivion..."
Why That Skull?:
"Ever since that day I have been uncontrollably attached to the little skull. I learned over time that it came from a rare species of bat, and that its buyer was paying as pretty a penny as my supposed owners were for me on the black market. I was rescued however. I dont remember how, but I awoke to a warm bed and a quaint shack in which to call home, the little bat skull tucked firmly under my jaw. I have refused to let go of it since, carrying it with me in the crook of my tail, protecting it from harms way at all costs. My owner seems to find something funny about my attachment to the item, and has a joyous time laughing and teasing me about it. But he is a sweet man deep down, and loves the skull as tenderly as I."
Cool Skull:
Last edited by ShadyBro on Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

─- ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─- ♡ - - ♡ -─ ⋆⋅⋅⋆ -─
ShadyBro

My pets